Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

padijun posted:

byline: "Operating on her own terms."

That's a weird name, I bet that person has a lot of problems in common social situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

that would be completely believable and appropriate if it were a promotional image for children's hospital

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

The Berzerker posted:

This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

He's a rebel but he gets results dammit

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Neither of those have anything on this Night Shift promo art (Another NBC "How do we JAZZ UP the hospital procedural" attempt:)

I had the first episode of Do No Harm on my DVR for a year and a half and never watched it...I was just never ready for it, even ironically. He became evil at the exact same time, every night!

That can't be sanitary. Those wheels are filthy. Shame on you, Dr. Sexy McTightjeans

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
holy poo poo, I just looked it up and the doctor motorcycle show is on season 3

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

padijun posted:

holy poo poo, I just looked it up and the doctor motorcycle show is on season 3
haahaha I did the same thing and kept scanning for "is cancelled" "cancelled after mixed reviews" and couldn't believe the renewal for season 3

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
We truly live in the golden era of television.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I'm the perplexed guy in the green shirt.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Brian Huskey can really bring it with this character.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Good plugs song on this one.

I loved the last Silicon Valley episode but this one didn't really do it for me.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Oh my god... Six million dead?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Plugs themes should only be CBB samples.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Cloks posted:

Good plugs song on this one.
It was KILLING me what that beat was. I know it was some 90s thing and it's killing me.

I love how much Martin Star hates CBB. Only pipes up for getting China on the phone.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

That can't be sanitary. Those wheels are filthy. Shame on you, Dr. Sexy McTightjeans

Oh my god of course he's called Doctor TC Callahan. Of course.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Drugs and Counter-Strike and suckin' dick."

Another delightful Silicon Valley p-cast. I also loved Middleditch's "Don't be an rear end in a top hat" - always good when somebody shuts down Scott's really needling demand for specifics.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Plugs themes should only be CBB samples.

It also sampled a J Dilla beat a few days after his lost album The Diary was released, which can't be a coincidence by the poor intern who has to sift through plug themes.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It also sampled a J Dilla beat

THANK YOU! That's what it was.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
- That's your diet.

- That's my diet?

- That's you dying.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
That Children's Hospital ep is one of the few bad enough to make me not finish it. Huskey's character was real real bad.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

rapeface posted:

That Children's Hospital ep is one of the few bad enough to make me not finish it. Huskey's character was real real bad.

Same here. I love Huskey, but I had to turn it off due to the excruciating noises he kept making.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Gargamel Gibson posted:

- That's your diet.

- That's my diet?

- That's you dying.

That's ya dyetin.

Good ep.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Guest was meh and while Ron was good, Dr Fash was limited. Scott did good but why are all guests eventually murderers?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

Guest was meh and while Ron was good, Dr Fash was limited. Scott did good but why are all guests eventually murderers?

Because murder is the logical conclusion in all alt comedy situations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

It's weird that Scott has apparently never heard Tom Petty talk.

And goddamn it I'm sick to death of how eager he is to pounce every time someone misspeaks. Once in a while it leads to something funny but more often it's just loving annoying. Maybe I need a break from this show, all of Scott's standard comedy tics (like the way he keeps forcing physical deformities, sexual perversity, and murder on everyone else's characters) are getting on my nerves.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
You should probably take a break because he's never going to stop doing that stuff. And I agree. Certain things, you jump on them when the opportunity presents itself but its annoying when he undercuts a character that's say, had 15 minutes and been going when they misstate one thing.

The one thing that annoys me is when he states something as fact/references something a character has done like, 20 episodes ago, to a guest that has no clue if thats true or not or should honestly have no reason to know unless they're a die hard super fan or something.

I.E. A guest is on and they say, "oh yeah I love vampire movies" and then Scott will be like, "well friend of the show Len Wiseman director of the Underworld series has been on here, and *insert weird character thing he's been imbued with*"

Now the guest can either move on, or question it, but its also weird when its like, is he being serious? The hypothetical I just gave is pretty benign, but i know there are examples where he's done something like that and i can tell the guest is kind of confused.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It's also weird when he doesn't. John Lennon is alive in CBB and was only dead for a few years.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FitFortDanga posted:

And goddamn it I'm sick to death of how eager he is to pounce every time someone misspeaks. Once in a while it leads to something funny but more often it's just loving annoying.

Gotta find the next heynong man somehow

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Golden Bee posted:

It's also weird when he doesn't. John Lennon is alive in CBB and was only dead for a few years.

Yeah, I kept waiting on him to throw a "Oh, 1994, so long after John Lennon had come back to life."

Like I said with Middleditch shutting down Scott's pedantic line of questioning about how many hyenas attacked him, I like it when guests will cut Scott off at the knees. Burn me at the stake of improv, but I don't think EVERYTHING needs to be Yes, And-ed. Joe Wengert is great on CBB, and a large part of that is because he will say "You misheard me" or "I misspoke" or simply "No" when need be.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Scott's ticks sometimes get on my nerves, but just taking a break for a couple weeks usually gets me back on board. He's so funny when he gets out of his own way.

I thought the Sean and Hayes episode was a great palette cleanser because it so forcefully put Scott on the defensive. I wish more guests took a sarcastic tone of "oh, this show is cute", mocking the show. I loved when they insisted that they play games with Scott as if they were humoring him, then refused to even pretend to take the games remotely seriously.

JethroMcB posted:

That's ya dyetin.

Loved this bit.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
This "WTF with Scott Aukerman" style interview with Paul Reiser is a little different, but a nice change for anyone who is getting a little tired of the same old wacky running jokes.

Replaying the apple song / I would die for you at the end was a nice touch

life is a joke fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 28, 2016

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

life is a joke posted:

This "WTF with Scott Aukerman" style interview with Paul Reiser is a little different, but a nice change for anyone who is getting a little tired of the same old wacky running jokes.

Replaying the apple song / I would die for you at the end was a nice touch

I was surprised and cautious when I saw Paul Reiser was a guest (which he also was on two more podcasts on my feed right after) but that turned out quite well. Would be nice getting some actual interviews going with guests as a break.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I was watching mr show last night and was prepared to marvel at how young everyone looked but actually everyone was way fatter and uglier. Congrats to the cast of mr show on getting their poo poo together.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

I was watching mr show last night and was prepared to marvel at how young everyone looked but actually everyone was way fatter and uglier. Congrats to the cast of mr show on getting their poo poo together.

PFT looks so, so, so much better and healthier since the Mr. Show days. It's amazing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

brian poseihn has not changed at all, except in the beard area.

john ennis also changed mostly in the face hair area.

the cast of mr show stole all of the youth and vigor from bob and david

jay johnston also ageless

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like em fat. I say eat up boys.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Well I did not expect to ever say "wow Paul Reiser was a good guest on that episode of cbb" but here we are.

Good ep

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I'm glad Willie made a return. I'm a big fan of any character that gets under Scott's skin and the apple song was really great. Brendon Small proving why he's the best once again.

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 28, 2016

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Lol did they really do the Prince bit before Prince died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Yeah I honestly like these interview episodes and Paul Reiser was good. Very fun.