Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Canadians, TRU is doing buy 1, get 1 half-off on Mario/Pokemon 3DS games:

Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Tennis Open
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Mario Party Island Tour
Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition + Puzzle & Dragons Z

Pokemon OR/AS
Pokemon X/Y
Pokemon Art Academy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

codenameFANGIO posted:

Mario Golf: World Tour, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS are all very good games. What games do you enjoy the most, person reading this post???

I appreciate the Etrian Odyssey games, personally

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Mario Golf: World Tour, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS are all very good games. What games do you enjoy the most, person reading this post???

Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Kid Icarus Uprising, Rune Factory 4 and Fire Emblem Awakening.

I also enjoyed Xenoblade a ton but I've only played it on the Wii.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Currently getting into Monster Hunter 4. Hasn't quite grabbed me like it has some people but I'm starting to come to grips with it.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

hadji murad posted:

What's the verdict on Fantasy Life? Think I will buy one more game on sale and I'm thinking that or Starfox.

If you ever liked gathering and crafting stuff in MMOs, then you'd probably like Fantasy Life since it's essentially a single-player MMO.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

okay i'm playing bravely default and fuckin lol are they seriously going to make me play through the entire game again? i guess this is "that part" huh

Not really the entire game since you still still have the airship so you can just beeline towards the bosses and you only refight asterisks and the crystal bosses.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In fact, I would say that the sidequest to get the performer job is way more annoying and bad than the doing a boss rush multiple times.

(Unless you don't get it right away but who would pass on getting new jobs right when they're available!?)

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Hyrule Warriors Legends coming out in Spring 2016. WW epilogue.

http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrule-warriors-legends-wind-waker-story-epilogue-unannounced-characters-more/

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is the exact sequence of words that was needed to make me want to buy this stupid game again

drat it

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've never really been interested in Hyrule Warriors but that seems pretty cool.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Urgh, don't make me play through that game again. Not again.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Is the Wind Waker stuff going to be exclusive to the 3DS version?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Bass Bottles posted:

Is the Wind Waker stuff going to be exclusive to the 3DS version?

Owning the 3DS version lets you unlock the extra characters in the Wii U version. No word on whether Wii U owners will have the option to buy the extra characters as standard DLC.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't believe that the final, ultimate character you unlock at the end will definitely be Linebeck.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

No Groose, no buy.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Where is the CDi Link DLC already? Golly!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Junpei Hyde posted:

No Groose, no buy.

He has never been more possible.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

hadji murad posted:

What's the verdict on Fantasy Life? Think I will buy one more game on sale and I'm thinking that or Starfox.

Fantasy Life is super charming and fun. It will suck you in and you will love it. Definitely one of my favorite games from last year.

icantfindaname posted:

okay i'm playing bravely default and fuckin lol are they seriously going to make me play through the entire game again? i guess this is "that part" huh

You are indeed at That Part. If it helps, it won't take you nearly as long to go from here to the end of the game as it did to go from the beginning of the game from here. Everything is extremely streamlined from here on out, especially if you turn off random encounters. (Please, for the love of god turn off random encounters.) Also you can safely skip the sidequests in Chapter 6. They're just a rehash of what happens in Chapter 5 and they don't even have anything unique to steal. Chapters 7 and 8 is when you want to start going after them again. They have unique steal-ables in Chapter 7, and in 8 they do really nifty things with the fight composition and it's a really fun challenge!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Bravely Default is good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Chapter 6 has some changes in dialogue for the refights so I say suck it up and fight everyone again in all the chapters. They're good battles and it doesn't take long to blow through it all anyways because presumably you're gonna take the non-grognardy method and turn off random encounters while doing that.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Suspicious Cook posted:

Where is the CDi Link DLC already? Golly!

He's in.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I went back to Rhythm Heaven DS today and realised the reason the 3DS game isn't being localised is that they've just been waiting six years for me to get the last perfect on Moai Doo-Wop 2 (it is never happening)

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

I went back to Rhythm Heaven DS today and realised the reason the 3DS game isn't being localised is that they've just been waiting six years for me to get the last perfect on Moai Doo-Wop 2 (it is never happening)

God drat you! Hurry it up over there!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I'm going on a long trip this weekend. ~16 hours. I've poured hundreds of hours into RF4 and Harvest Moon: Story of Seasons but I don't think there's much game play left there for me. What are some good games for the 3ds? I've only ever bought harvest moon games for my Nintendo handhelds before. I usually play 4x or builder games with the occasional strategy game on the PC.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 22, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You should probably get Fantasy Life, which should still be on sale on the eShop right now.

There's also A-Train: City Simulator, which is a full-on city management sim and pretty much the only game of its kind on 3DS.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

LLSix posted:

I'm going on a long trip this weekend. ~16 hours. I've poured hundreds of hours into RF4 and Harvest Moon: Story of Seasons but I don't think there's much game play left there for me. What are some good games for the 3ds? I've only ever bought harvest moon games for my Nintendo handhelds before. I usually play 4x or builder games with the occasional strategy game on the PC.

From the sound of it, seconding that recommendation of Fantasy Life. drat, I'd say Monster Hunter 4 but you may not like them as it is an action series with a similar type of collection mentality to it. I'll just leave it here in in case you want to check out some vids.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
MH4 is an endless grind-fest, it's loving deplorable how they put tedious gathering in the way of actually having fun in that game

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

MH4 is an endless grind-fest, it's loving deplorable how they put tedious gathering in the way of actually having fun in that game

I admit the carving aspect of it can be a bit of a downer sometimes.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

collect hundreds of berries and grind a boss over and over for a single rare drop

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There's also A-Train: City Simulator, which is a full-on city management sim and pretty much the only game of its kind on 3DS.

I have not managed to go back to that one since finishing the first tutorial because they just suddenly start throwing in futures markets and inter-city cargo shipping at the start of the second one and I was still just trying to master timetables to get people to work on time. The amount of stuff in that game is insane.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You should probably get Fantasy Life, which should still be on sale on the eShop right now.

GET HYPE https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/ep6OG_WGK5AkmTUwE6JnhPoPeeQt-X1t

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

strap on revenge posted:

if anyone wants a cyber grip for the N3DSXL this guy has them for pretty cheap. ive been watching them forever waiting for them to go down because his price has fluctuated up to $40

navy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161649315020
black: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151628783904

This grip is great, played Fantasy Life for around 6 hours straight without my left hand falling asleep or any cramps the next day.

Fantasy Life is also great, just hit the 50 hour mark and still not bored with it. A loving shame the next game is a mobile game or whatever.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's an updated release schedule based on everything that came out of E3, excluding eShop stuff which I'll get to later. Did I miss anything?

Story of Seasons - out now! (NA) / TBC (PAL)
Etrian Mystery Dungeon - out now! (NA) / September 11 (PAL)
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked 2: Record Breaker - out now! (NA) / October 30 (PAL)
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven - out now! (NA) / out now! (PAL, eShop-only)
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley - out now! (NA) / out now! (PAL)
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 - June 24 (PAL, eShop-only) / June 30 (NA, eShop-only)
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight - August 4 (NA) / February 12 (PAL)
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson - August 11 (NA) / August 11 (PAL)
Little Battlers Experience - August 21 (NA) / "November" (PAL)
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX - September 8 (NA) / September 11 (PAL)
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - September 25 (NA) / October 2 (PAL)
Chibi-Robo: Zip-Lash - October 9 (NA) / "November" (PAL)
Rodea the Sky Soldier - October 13 (PAL) / October 16 (NA)
Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden - October 16 (PAL) / October 20 (NA)
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes - "fall 2015" (NA) / "Q4 2015" (PAL)
Legend of Legacy - "Q3/4 2015" (NA) / TBC (PAL)
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon - "holidayr 2015" (NA) / "early 2016" (PAL)
Yo-Kai Watch - "holiday 2015" (NA) / "2016" (PAL)
Stella Glow - "holiday 2015" (NA) / TBC (PAL)
Return to Popolocrois: A Story of Seasons Fairy Tale - "Q4 2015" (NA) / TBC (PAL)
Hyrule Warriors Legends - "Q1 2016" (NA) / "Q1 2016" (PAL)
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - "spring 2016" (NA) / "spring 2016" (PAL)
Bravely Second: End Layer - "2016" (NA) / "2016" (PAL)
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - "2016" (NA) / "2016" PAL
Fire Emblem Fates - "2016" (NA) / "2016" (PAL)
Metroid Prime: Federation Force - "2016" (NA) / "2016" (PAL)

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jun 28, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm surprised Yo-Kai Watch is getting a delayed PAL release. Given all the effort they're putting in to try to make it A Thing in the west, I would've thought they'd want that ready to go worldwide ASAP.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

strap on revenge posted:

if anyone wants a cyber grip for the N3DSXL this guy has them for pretty cheap. ive been watching them forever waiting for them to go down because his price has fluctuated up to $40

navy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161649315020
black: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151628783904

I got this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UJ...fpML&ref=plSrch

The material is sort of like the Wii condom except it smells really bad. You don't have to put the top part on. It stops smelling after a while. I like it and I prefer getting my cheap garbage from amazon.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

corn in the bible posted:

collect hundreds of berries and grind a boss over and over for a single rare drop

how far did you get? I definitely didn't "beat" it (maybe got halfway through high rank?) but I never ever ever had to grind gathering points. Bosses, yeah, but if you don't like fighting the same bosses over and over you absolutely aren't gonna dig Monster Hunter

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Help Im Alive posted:

dooooooooooooo wop dowop

doooooooo wop dowop

FAIL!

But the new Rhythm Heaven is tragically easy, but it has loads of text. There's a story about some afro alien fucker.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
EOU2 is in a month and a half?

Dammit I'm not ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Lemming posted:

I got this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UJ...fpML&ref=plSrch

The material is sort of like the Wii condom except it smells really bad. You don't have to put the top part on. It stops smelling after a while. I like it and I prefer getting my cheap garbage from amazon.

that is unbelievably hideous