Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'd expect that since all of the SS works for the government, not either campaign, and would all have the same mission (maintain safety and order), they'll work together to separate/subdue them without infighting.

If one of them came at the other with deadly force I can't even try to imagine what would happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

GOP must pay for their aborted campaigns funeral

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Is this the October surprise or is there something better right around the corner, because this is pretty fuckin' sweet.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

good lord you doofuses trump's not gonna throw a punch at clinton

You're saying he'll use an open palm?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ONE MONTH TO THE ELECTION!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Zanzibar Ham posted:

If Trump throws a punch Clinton's way, what happens? Her SS crew will come to protect her, what will Trump's SS crew do? They'd try to protect Trump from Clinton's crew?

efb

Royal Rumble

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
They couldn't take Trumps name off the ballot at this point, but they could sneak in a "Jr."

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
https://twitter.com/cher/status/784653156592431104

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

"We need your help to elect Donald Trump Republicans. Go get an absentee ballot today!"

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Pakled posted:

I actually wonder what the Secret Service protocol is for that situation.

Billy C gets tappen in and takes trump out with a folding chair probably

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Northjayhawk posted:

Its going to be a while before its actually tested, but those laws to compel electors to vote a certain way are very likely unconstitutional.

Also in the event of coordination among the party, it's incredibly unlikely that states would bring charges against faithless electors anyway.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?

:perfect:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Mister E posted:

Their first priority would be the safety of their charges so they'd dive in and rush Hillary and Donald off the stage and then the remainder of both sides would probably stand off looking at each other really confused.

They'd probably all end up kissing in their secret service suits with their guns out, erotically..

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bad Moon posted:

GOP must pay for their aborted campaigns funeral

It's often harder on the man.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Zanzibar Ham posted:

If Trump throws a punch Clinton's way, what happens? Her SS crew will come to protect her, what will Trump's SS crew do? They'd try to protect Trump from Clinton's crew?

Hannity orgasms.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Are any of Trump's advisors insisting he shut down his Twitter account? That thing is more dangerous to him than an actual voting record.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Remember how old shows used to show a spinning newspaper with whatever relevant headline? Are they going to do that with tweets somewhen?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I just realized something about this election - for the Republicans, the primary never ended. Their party is running a primary in a general.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

The secret service better be stopping and frisking Trump before the debate, they definitely have reasonable suspicion that he might have a firearm with intent to use.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

For some reason I had to watch that image three times before I didn't see it as saying "PENCE IN EVERY WAY."

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Rip Testes posted:

Are any of Trump's advisors insisting he shut down his Twitter account? That thing is more dangerous to him than an actual voting record.
Eh that stuff is all archived, so there's no point.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Bushiz posted:

Also in the event of coordination among the party, it's incredibly unlikely that states would bring charges against faithless electors anyway.

Wouldn't have to come from the states. The Dems would throw out suits so fast it'd be approaching the speed of light.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

Mister E posted:

Their first priority would be the safety of their charges so they'd dive in and rush Hillary and Donald off the stage and then the remainder of both sides would probably stand off looking at each other really confused.

So standard barfight protocol, makes sense.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
What can the GOP do at this point? Rally around a different candidate and go all-in for a write-in campaign?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

bad boy in the boy band posted:

What can the GOP do at this point? Rally around a different candidate and go all-in for a write-in campaign?
The GOP is beyond hosed and they have no outs. There is no course of action that will stop this from becoming a complete rout.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

make some flavor-aid

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Sensible Thursday posted:

So standard barfight protocol, makes sense.

Yeah pretty much. Though that armed make out session suggested up above would be acceptable too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I assume they attempt to limit the downticket damage by encouraging people to go and write-in vote or something rather than just staying home.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Apropos of nothing that's going on - Every time I go to mention Ted Cruz or Mike Pence, I have to stop myself from calling them Nelson and Hunter.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Impossible, it's over, at this point we enjoy the month-long orgasm that we promised ourselves more than a year ago when all this madness appeared to actually be beginning.

When the madness actually began, no one can say.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

If Donald Trump is on the ballot he's getting at the very least 20% of the vote no matter what and he can't come off the already printed ballots.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Nothing. The only way they can win the election AND prevent Trump from being president is getting Trump to promise to immediately resign when inaugurated. Which isn't going to happen and if he did promise that he'd never get elected.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Zanzibar Ham posted:

You're saying he'll use an open palm?

aikido throw

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
My hope is that a weak write-in campaign for Pence happens and he gets more votes than Jill Stein

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

HE's going to go up to her in the same intimidating way Gore went up to Bush on the floor in the 2000 debate, only this time w. an intent to do the 'ole P-grab.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

sarmhan posted:

The GOP is beyond hosed and they have no outs. There is no course of action that will stop this from becoming a complete rout.

Yep we're headed towards a full schism at this point if they even try to replace him

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Maybe use some of those sweet karate moves Hannity taught him, and Jesse Watters can ask people on the street about it.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Melania has released a statement

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

If this sinks Trump, would it be the biggest political news coup from a non-traditional news source (Access Hollywood)? National enquirer got John Edwards, Rolling Stone got General McChrystal, but this seems bigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It was nice of her to get Michelle Obama to help so quickly.

• Locked thread