Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Not that I know of, haven't seen a pair of lenses sell, at least. I'll check inventory and let you know on my next break.

E: we have one pair of frogskins, Prizm apocalypse daily polarized, with black frames bleeding into red arms. When I see the boss I'll ask what kind of price he'd let them go on.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Godholio posted:

I have never been on a flight with an attractive flight attendant. There were some that looked like they had been, 20-30 years prior. But it's always guys or old women.

Who've you flown with on most of your international trips?

My experience has been that most stewardesses employed by the American airlines don't really even try. There's also definitely lack of policy or policy enforcement regarding grooming/clothing standards that factors in.

The most airlines I've flown before my lil excursion to the US were KLM, Lufthansa, BA, Air France, and the look and attire of flight attendants is considered a huge contact point with the customer regarding brand engagement. In the US, it just seems less the case. I'm assuming it may be a cultural thing that the markets let airlines get away with stuff like that if you get the biggest discounts / cheapest flights at the end of the day.

Different definition of value, I guess.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

....did you read what you quoted?
I was shitposting in the line at lunch :smith:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I had an Alaska-Horizon connecting flight from Victoria to Seattle and the flight attendants were incredibly hot. That was followed up by a Delta flight from Seattle to Vegas and it was two sky hags and a big happy German dude.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
if youre going to fly international youre an idiot if you fly any american carrier

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Fly air new zealand.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

I had an Alaska-Horizon connecting flight from Victoria to Seattle and the flight attendants were incredibly hot. That was followed up by a Delta flight from Seattle to Vegas and it was two sky hags and a big happy German dude.

I flew Sun Countrz from Phoenix to Minneapolis. Not all flight attendants were really ugly or anything, but you could tell they didn't really care, nor was there a uniform standard on their, you know, uniforms. Four people plus a percer, five different outfits in the company colors.

Minneapolis to Frankfurt was Condor, seven flight attendants, one senior flight attendant chick / brood mother, plus a percer. All seven flight attendants wore exactly the same uniform standard, down to that company-color scarf thing, brood mother wore a collared shirt underneath the outfit instead of a bare neck/arms, comes with the territory, I guess, percer wore flight-officer-type outfit.

Frankfurt to Nürnberg was Condor operated by Lufthansa. Fairly old aircraft, crap-tier seats, but even for a 40 minute flight, the three flight attendants still were all excellently-coiffed, matching outfits, and seemed like they gave a poo poo.

It really seems like a market preference thing. Europe/worldwide seems to place higher value on appearance, and is okay with paying a premium for it. All loving aircraft take the same time to negotiate any given distance, and have the same probability of crashing while getting there, but it really seems to me it comes down to consumer behavior, corporate image preference.

What got a good laugh out of me was the humor on the Sun Country flight. Even the canned safety speech on the monitors had some actual irony and/or humor in it. Never experienced that.

poo poo like "It may strike you as surprising, but the emergency exit doors are actually labeled with signs saying 'emergency exit'", and jokes like that.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 10, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

If you find a model Oakleys you like, post the model # and I'll check my inventory. We've been gradually trying to clearance them out of our system and might be able to cut you a better deal.

Not sure what the model # is, but if you happen to find a pair of White/Red/Black Eye Jackets I will pay stupid money for them.

I still have the frames from my first pair I bought in 1998, but they are starting to get a little rough. On like the 10th set of lenses and have to order them from some company in Australia because Oakley doesn't even make them any more.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Genocide Tendency posted:

Not sure what the model # is, but if you happen to find a pair of White/Red/Black Eye Jackets I will pay stupid money for them.

I still have the frames from my first pair I bought in 1998, but they are starting to get a little rough. On like the 10th set of lenses and have to order them from some company in Australia because Oakley doesn't even make them any more.

Those are long dead that I can tell. All the "jacket" lines we have are half-jacket or flak-jacket. Not on clearance either, but always worth a shot asking.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Those are long dead that I can tell. All the "jacket" lines we have are half-jacket or flak-jacket. Not on clearance either, but always worth a shot asking.

Oh yea.. They have been out of production since 2001 or so. But every once in a while someone finds a case of them cleaning out old warehouses or sunglass shops and they turn up on EBAY. So thought I would ask.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll keep an eye open, but our inventory system says no bueno senor.

I occasionally get stuck on hunting missions for things the computer says we have but don't actually. If a pair turns up in one of my searches I'll let ya know.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W7-ngmO_p8

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Re: glasses chat. If you want polarized lenses without the moto/MMA look of Oakley's, look at maui Jim's. Classy frames and lenses. Good fit for large melons too.

I was a ray ban man for decades until I tried them.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I'll keep an eye open, but our inventory system says no bueno senor.

I occasionally get stuck on hunting missions for things the computer says we have but don't actually. If a pair turns up in one of my searches I'll let ya know.

Thanks man, but don't invest any real effort into looking. I don't want anyone to waist time trying to find 20 year old sunglasses because I want to relive my first trip through college.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I inherited this neglected disaster of a side yard. What do y'all recommend? Was thinking of throwing down rock/gravel and getting a BBQ?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dynamite

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Get rid of everything not nailed down, chop down the ugly bush. Sand and paint the fence if possible. You might get a little 3x10 patch of grass in there with some TLC. Otherwise it's enough space for a raised bed next spring.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

There's loving grape vines going every which direction. Might chop the trees down to the trunk

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Shag carpet, Christmas lights, and rent it out to cam girls

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hmmm think I could airbnb it?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
how is AirBlow&Bang not a thing yet

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Yeah rip those vines out, chuck the crap, and refinish the fence. You can get cement paving slabs for a couple bucks a square foot at Home Depot. Throw a charcoal grill on there and a sun chair you have yourself a dad corner.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I inherited this neglected disaster of a side yard. What do y'all recommend? Was thinking of throwing down rock/gravel and getting a BBQ?

Throw down two IBC containers side by side, cut off the top 12" or so and flip it upside down on top of the container, fill with water, add fish (preferably catfish or tilapia) and fill the top with hydroponics rocks. Use a pond pump and a timer on 15-30 minute intervals to pump water from the fish tank to the upside down top and have a bell siphon drain the water back down to the fish. Plant vegetables, fruit, and herbs in top. Enjoy fresh low effort produce. When the fish are big enough eat them too.

http://www.backyardaquaponics.com/Travis/IBCofAquaponics1.pdf

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Thanks for the suggestions. I was unfamiliar with cement paving slabs, check those out

Delizin posted:

Throw down two IBC containers side by side, cut off the top 12" or so and flip it upside down on top of the container, fill with water, add fish (preferably catfish or tilapia) and fill the top with hydroponics rocks. Use a pond pump and a timer on 15-30 minute intervals to pump water from the fish tank to the upside down top and have a bell siphon drain the water back down to the fish. Plant vegetables, fruit, and herbs in top. Enjoy fresh low effort produce. When the fish are big enough eat them too.

http://www.backyardaquaponics.com/Travis/IBCofAquaponics1.pdf

:stare:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sounds good.... maybe I could do it with crawfish.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Who've you flown with on most of your international trips?

USAF :lol:

And the lowest bidding contract airline for gov't transport. They were always the nicest grandma FAs, which is tough to complain about. But I haven't flown commercial overseas since 1990, other than deployments.

quote:

The most airlines I've flown before my lil excursion to the US were KLM, Lufthansa, BA, Air France, and the look and attire of flight attendants is considered a huge contact point with the customer regarding brand engagement. In the US, it just seems less the case. I'm assuming it may be a cultural thing that the markets let airlines get away with stuff like that if you get the biggest discounts / cheapest flights at the end of the day.

I think it has more to do with our litigious society. Which I guess falls under "cultural" even if it is poo poo.

How about this guy?

Also holy gently caress at gascan lenses costing $100 when the full glasses are 120. gently caress you, Oakley.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 11, 2017

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Re: glasses chat. If you want polarized lenses without the moto/MMA look of Oakley's, look at maui Jim's. Classy frames and lenses. Good fit for large melons too.

I was a ray ban man for decades until I tried them.

That's my one real problem with my Oakley's, they're pressure fitted around my dome. Great for rafting/kayaking/fishing/etc because they will never fly off on their own, lovely because if I try eating with them on they wiggle up and down.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Godholio posted:

Also holy gently caress at gascan lenses costing $100 when the full glasses are 120. gently caress you, Oakley.

I'll look up the conductors in the morning.

And it's not Oakley that raised the replacement lens cost, that was Luxotica after the buyout.

I can't get Wileys at work, but they're at least a veteran owned company that isn't out to gently caress you as badly over plastic.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Got any e-wire lenses?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Seeing a good smoking pad

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mad Dragon posted:

Got any e-wire lenses?

Doubt it, but I'll check in the morning. Worth a shot.

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

Oakley chat: got anything with wired frames? Really anything from http://m.oakleysi.com/h5/r/www.oakleysi.com/c/eyewear-si_wire I like the gauge 8 or conductor 6. Had something similar years ago but I lost them out in the field during drill. I tend to not like the Oakley stuff with plastic frames, and these look more civilian than the plastic frame stuff anyway.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Hire grover

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

aight who wants this digital copy of John Wick 2

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Aug 11, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

aight who wants this digital copy of John Wick 2

Ayooo i'll take it

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Google had the coolest loving doodle up today. It's better on something with a touchscreen so do it on your phone.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

orange juche posted:

Ayooo i'll take it

sorry ded pm'd me first 🙁 the post sat for a while though 🤔

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Google had the coolest loving doodle up today. It's better on something with a touchscreen so do it on your phone.

you can do the amen break

legit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2UltDBPW0w

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It really seems like a market preference thing. Europe/worldwide seems to place higher value on appearance, and is okay with paying a premium for it. All loving aircraft take the same time to negotiate any given distance, and have the same probability of crashing while getting there, but it really seems to me it comes down to consumer behavior, corporate image preference.

It's an Asian thing too. JAL, Korean and Asiana all had very well dressed and presented FAs.

I flew Tokyo/Seoul on a JAL 767 which I swear was the oldest in their fleet, had the ashtrays in the seats and everything. That plane was IMMACULATE, I've been on brand new Air Canada planes that were dirtier than that loving 25 year old 767. It was like being time-warped back to the late 80s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Welp, got a job

Things have been working out suspiciously well for me lately.

• Locked thread