Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
pubbie took a screen shot of xean visting his base for t5 stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
:siren:wow:siren:

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1190973/

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Lago killed it haha. It must have taken a long time to put all that together, not that Xean has anything else to do to occupy his time.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

DonDoodles posted:

Lago killed it haha. It must have taken a long time to put all that together, not that Xean has anything else to do to occupy his time.
He's got like a dozen reserved posts. Who does he think is going to read all that if he ever fills it up?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

g0del posted:

He's got like a dozen reserved posts. Who does he think is going to read all that if he ever fills it up?

Someone who is not banned please post Xean's xtern1ty rap in the thread. This absolutely needs to happen.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

DonDoodles posted:

Someone who is not banned please post Xean's xtern1ty rap in the thread. This absolutely needs to happen.

I already dropped it on The Trading Channel after Xean showed up.

I will add it to my post if no one beats me to it.

edit: Wow that was fast. Beaten like Xtern1ty trying to hit t5.

but at least I have this

Xean posted:

We are no friends of cyberbully groups and never will be. Spamming another fleet's home thread speaks for itself. So does sneaking into someone else's fleet, then changing your name to take shaming pics. No matter how much you waste, you and your bully kids cannot pay the debt you owe. No one can bully people, try to pay them off and think they can walk away with a clear conscience. But a sociopath will try anyway, even if they fail. People know the difference however and most importantly, so do you. Your behavior has not lessened your debt, only deepened it.

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 26, 2015

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Posted in the thread only to realize my signature. Oh well.

Kurvi Tasch
Oct 13, 2012

Thats von Derp for you!

Is it just me, or does that thing look like a giant space-bong?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

No, I think it looks like they took the Krenim weapon ship and rotated it 90 degrees.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
They should've just made Babylon 5 and been done with it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

God, between the render of the Krenim warship and looking at the Benthan cruiser in-game, so much of Voyager's CGI crap has aged so goddamn poorly. I guess some of it came out alright (the voth boats and the hazari destroyer are alright, and the hirogen boats are clunky but have a good aesthetic) but geez.

I'll forgive reusing it for the fleet holding though since it literally is supposed to be the Krenim time weapon, so it's an obvious parallel I guess? :shrug:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I assume that's only the Tier 0 version of the holding.

Asimo posted:

God, between the render of the Krenim warship

That render just above? That's not an in-show render, that's a... render of the ship for a mod made for star trek: armada.

Voyager and DS9's CG has aged really well compared to other shows of the same year, to be honest, in part because especially on DS9 they tended to be matching it to traditional models and copying the lighting design.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jun 26, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The in-show one isn't a whole lot better though, honestly. A bit more detail, but still so generically forgettable.

:effort:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Asimo posted:

The in-show one isn't a whole lot better though, honestly. A bit more detail, but still so generically forgettable.

:effort:

Oh yeah, designwise it's pretty generic. I wonder what they'll do about the other Krenim ships, since the ones we saw on the show looked absolutely nothing like it.

That said, don't knock the Benthan Cruiser, I like it. There spheres lend it a unique look, especially for a ship that was onscreen for literally three seconds. Although if we're going unique looks where's my drat Tarellian lockbox:

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jun 26, 2015

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Fine, take it, but you're not docking your space AIDS ship in MY starbase :colbert:

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Oh yeah, designwise it's pretty generic. I wonder what they'll do about the other Krenim ships, since the ones we saw on the show looked absolutely nothing like it.

That said, don't knock the Benthan Cruiser, I like it. There spheres lend it a unique look, especially for a ship that was onscreen for literally three seconds. Although if we're going unique looks where's my drat Tarellian lockbox:

I second this, if only because the lack f a T6 ballship is a travesty.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Tuskin38 posted:

So there is going to be a live stream Tuesday with Trendy, Geko and Aron Eisenberg

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9425103-star-trek-online%3A-livestream-featuring-nog%21

"Aron Eisenberg will be navigating the latest Featured Episode: Time in a Bottle. LaughingTrendy and Captain Geko will be joining Aron Eisenberg as he deals with Nausicaans, Heralds, and even himself!"

I hope someone from Cryptic runs him through the basics of the game.

Hes a gamer already apparently, so he might catch on quick.

Odds on them not telling him how to autofire and/or saddling him with an awful Cryptic original ship loadout (1 dual beam, 1 torp, 1 beam array, 1 cannon, 1 mine)

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Up to Feb 13 on the moderation archive and found this one for Saint Olivia.

quote:

Dear olivia211,

You have received a warning at Star Trek Online.

Reason: Harassing Material

Sorry, but this post crossed the line. It's offensive to those who have children or family members with special needs. Please don't post something like this ever again. This is a warning but it was almost an infraction.

Original Post:
[post]8120441[/post]
I would do this, but I don't play KDF as it is an incomplete faction. Obviously not your fault.

Playing KDF sounds like being near a malformed child. Sure, it functions enough to stay alive, but it's so hideous if you can stay away from it, you do.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1192055/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-june-26-2015

The new Fleet Holding is on tribble + other things

Borg Cube explosion FX is no longer Zone Wide if that bugged anyone.

quote:

As posted in the Patch Notes thread:
Please note that this feature is not anywhere near a completed state, in this Tribble build.
Most of the UI display is just white boxes.
Players will not have access to the actual maps associated with this Holding.
There are multiple reward entries that currently just say "..." as those features are not yet finalized.
Most of the above is in a far better state on our internal builds, but the patch going to Tribble is a little more "work in progress" than some of you may be accustomed to seeing.

So basically not worth testing right yet

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 26, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Also confirmation of additional ship/reputation trait slots from the new holding too. Get ready to blow half a million fleet credits on that stuff. :toot:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Look who's been posting again:

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12573207/#Comment_12573207

Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums (Pending)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

how

Is Cryptic so hard up they can't even replace their homophobic volunteer community rep.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Real question is why haven't any of you signed up to replace him?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Aleth posted:

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12573207/#Comment_12573207

I wonder why he made a new account.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 27, 2015

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Aleth posted:

Speaking of BG, I found an interesting exchange between him and Ashkrik in the mod files. BG, who can't discuss moderation with the little people, discusses it with Ashkrik. Ash bitches and moans about someone, BG asks him to PM some links, Ash does, BG tells Ash which of the links he's going to caution and why. This was all the way back in... December.

So it appears that the volunteer mods can't discuss moderation... unless it's with Ashkrik... who can order up warnings from the drive-thru menu.

quote:

Ashkrik:

Well if you are going to give me a warning for defending someone, I sure hope you gave the aggressor a warning too...

BG:

If I missed it, please point it out to me.

Sincerely.

My goal is to end the disturbance and I can't do that if there are still inflammatory posts out there.

BG:

Did you bother to look? Because I took great pains to eliminate those particular posts.

Send me links and I'll go look again.

Ash:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21379201&postcount=35
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21379241&postcount=38
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21379311&postcount=41
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21379491&postcount=44

BG:

I'll give you two out of four. While he wasn't exactly pleasant, the last two links are no worse than what anybody else posted. He's allowed to have his own opinion about what constitutes chat spam and he didn't name any names there.

Ash:

Just gave the most hostile ones, thanks.

***Two warnings for Bortens follow***

LordCo fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 27, 2015

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Oh Bluegeek, you Andorian homophobe

He's getting a custom character

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

LordCo posted:

Speaking of BG, I found an interesting exchange between him and Ashkrik in the mod files. BG, who can't discuss moderation with the little people, discusses it with Ashkrik. Ash bitches and moans about someone, BG asks him to PM some links, Ash does, BG tells Ash which of the links he's going to caution and why. This was all the way back in... December.

So it appears that the volunteer mods can't discuss moderation... unless it's with Ashkrik... who can order up warnings from the drive-thru menu.

This is loving glorious.

Time to post on my blueweak account.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
It's not terribly surprising that it's Ashkrirk with whom BG shares that conversation, as they're both on the same fundie wagon. So far the Vanilla forums have been a treasure trove of comedy. I love lordmanzelot's warning, where he straight-up calls Branflakes an rear end in a top hat.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Mondian posted:

Real question is why haven't any of you signed up to replace him?

how would I go about doing such a thing?

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

DonDoodles posted:

It's not terribly surprising that it's Ashkrirk with whom BG shares that conversation, as they're both on the same fundie wagon. So far the Vanilla forums have been a treasure trove of comedy. I love lordmanzelot's warning, where he straight-up calls Branflakes an rear end in a top hat.

quote:

Issued by: Branflakes
Date: November 2013

Dear lordmanzelot,

You have received a warning at Star Trek Online.

Reason: Real-Life Threats

I'm sure it was just a joke, but it was not appropriate. Thanks for understanding, and please avoid it in the future.

Original Post:
[post]13315551[/post]
What a pity Cryptic! Now i have to ...

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/j3g6-1n-66f0.png

Reply by lordmanzelot:

Thank You but you are a ******* thank you very much

It's a beautiful thing. I noticed there's one coming up where someone flips Bran the ascii art bird, but it'll still be a few days before it gets entered in the archive.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I tried to extend an olive branch fig leaf to the guy and I get shot with this. What can we do, guys?

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12574938/#Comment_12574961

Edit:
I just realized he loving copied my post to make his look professional.

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 27, 2015

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I've modified Trendy's image from earlier:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

*Sigh*

Its not horrible, but it still makes me gag

Side note, I want more Zero-G segments like in 'A Step Between Stars'

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 27, 2015

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Watch Cryptic get even more desperate for player money.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I've always wanted a Butts Bridge Officer for my crew but I think that's going to be too high a price in the C-Store.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

:ughh:

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

I've always wanted a Butts Bridge Officer for my crew but I think that's going to be too high a price in the C-Store.

Why are you worrying about the price? Just use the dil glitch and you'll have enough zen for anything in the c-store in a couple of hours.

LordCo fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 14, 2015

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

LordCo posted:

Why are you worrying about the price? Just use the dil glitch and you'll have enough zen for anything in the c-store in a couple of hours.

Because it only works if you still have the quest item from Terrordome.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Honestly didn't see that coming. Although I suppose it makes sense with all the time travel plotlines. It explains the recent cashgrabs too, expanding the license and getting Pine and Quinto into the studio can't have been cheap. It should really help bring in some new players though.

I really hope this means we're finally getting a T6 Constituion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
★ In a public video, one or more of your members must appear in person and apologize - to my friends, not to me - making particular apology to my female friend upon which rape remarks were used in order to get to me.

this might be funny is a hostage video context...

• Locked thread