Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

codenameFANGIO posted:

I wish you people would Switch into good posters!!

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Empress Brosephine posted:

Nothing like hiding a inferior infrastructure with a stupid avatar that makes sheep think they have control and aren't trading it for a lesser experience :thumbsup:

What

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lodin posted:

I'm gonna laugh my rear end off when it launches with Mario but it's yet another bloody one in the "new"-series. Then I'll get mildly depressed and reconsider getting a Switch at launch.

Watch it be mario 128 and everyone loses their minds

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

codenameFANGIO posted:

Are posts this brutal even legal?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

codenameFANGIO posted:

Talk about bait and switch!!!

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

TheScott2K posted:

"Wake up, shiiple!"

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

:golfclap:

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
I like miis, but I wish they'd at least update their visuals. I was disappointed when the Wii U came out and miis still looked like poo poo. Would be kind of like if Mario still looked like his Mario 64 model in every future game. They should at least make the models a bit smoother or give you more customization options. You could argue that their current look is iconic, but the core of that aesthetic could be maintained while still updating their look, as has been done with pretty much every Nintendo character that has gone from 8/16 bit sprites to HD 3D renderings.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Fhate posted:

I like miis, but I wish they'd at least update their visuals. I was disappointed when the Wii U came out and miis still looked like poo poo. Would be kind of like if Mario still looked like his Mario 64 model in every future game. They should at least make the models a bit smoother or give you more customization options. You could argue that their current look is iconic, but the core of that aesthetic could be maintained while still updating their look, as has been done with pretty much every Nintendo character that has gone from 8/16 bit sprites to HD 3D renderings.

What are you hoping for, piercings and a sweet side hawk?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bean posted:

What are you hoping for, piercings and a sweet side hawk?

There should be more options, including piercings and more haircuts, yeah. I think if regular Miis had the Mii Fighter bodies that'd be an improvement too

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Fhate posted:

Miis are very smooth on the Miitomo app. And their bodies are detailed. But they're intentionally minimalist on the Home menus because the developer of whatever game they appear in gets to choose how they design their bodies, how they will be shaded, and how big their head is in relation to their bodies. And it's supposed to be something you spend like 5 minutes creating with your friends so you can get to playing Golf or whatever

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Aren't Miis supposed to be backward compatible, too? That probably means they straight up can't add more options.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Sure they good, they would just have to have fallback values for a plain version embedded.

Red Stripe
Oct 2, 2003

Big Super Slapstick Hunk
LethalGeek did nothing wrong

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

Aren't Miis supposed to be backward compatible, too? That probably means they straight up can't add more options.

have you not played miitomo

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Reiley posted:

Just a word from the inside, but if you're excited for a new Mario, you may find a dog-gone good time bonus game on your new console's pack-in cartridge..... classic gamers will understand.

If the new Mario for Switch gives you a dog-based power-up, it has a very good chance of being the best video game ever made

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

If the new Mario for Switch gives you a frog-based power-up, it has a very good chance of being the best video game ever made

Fixed your typo, no need to thank me.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

greatn posted:

Sure they good, they would just have to have fallback values for a plain version embedded.

Yeah, I guess. Good point.

oddium posted:

I'm pretty sure it's not even available in Sweden, so no. Does it expand the facial customisation? If so, can you import the Miis in, say, Tomodachi Life without the new parts, as greatn suggested?

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

oddium posted:

what kind of wallpaper are you rockin?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Breath of the Wild set, here.

Here, have a video of every Nintendo console announcement.

https://youtu.be/KZADU0M8O38

That N64 hype is real.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The fact that they just did a major update and are temporarily bringing back some of the more fanboyish outfits has me hopeful that miitomo options are definitely going to carry over to Switch Miiverse. You all laughed at me for wasting a minute logging in each day for my bonus but I'll have the last laugh when I'm rocking a baby metroid and inkling wig while you have some dumb baseball cap.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That N64 hype is real.

I wish Nintendo consoles nowadays were created by some robot's finger beams, I wanna play this all-new game called Tetris.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That N64 hype is real.

I don't know how to feel about that DS reveal video

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah you do.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

The fact that they just did a major update and are temporarily bringing back some of the more fanboyish outfits has me hopeful that miitomo options are definitely going to carry over to Switch Miiverse. You all laughed at me for wasting a minute logging in each day for my bonus but I'll have the last laugh when I'm rocking a baby metroid and inkling wig while you have some dumb baseball cap.

:yeah:

THAT
loving
N64
VIDEO
FOOTAGE
IS
SUCH
HORSESHIT I BET THATS WHAT THEY SHOWED
THOSE
POOR
INNOCENT
CHILDREN
TOO
WHAT
THE
gently caress

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That N64 hype is real.

I remember seeing the ds commercial without the actual ds reveal at the end, and it haunted me for years. "maybe I should have touched it. maybe."

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Touch it

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Had an idea about the Switch

You can take it on a plane

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Gonna be funny when the Switch battery depletes while running while being plugged into one of those low current USB ports in aeroplane seatbacks.
Maybe a third party will make a special Y cable like they have for external hard drives (but with longer legs on the Y) so you can borrow your neighbour's socket.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

~Coxy posted:

Gonna be funny when the Switch battery depletes while running while being plugged into one of those low current USB ports in aeroplane seatbacks.
Maybe a third party will make a special Y cable like they have for external hard drives (but with longer legs on the Y) so you can borrow your neighbour's socket.

whoa
the future is now

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That N64 hype is real.

Wii U's was chillingly bad, compared to the others. NSMB is your opener?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

new super mario bros u ruled and i look forward to new super mario bros switch.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Red Stripe posted:

LethalGeek did nothing wrong

I disagree. Besides, it is only one day.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

I'm pretty sure it's not even available in Sweden, so no. Does it expand the facial customisation? If so, can you import the Miis in, say, Tomodachi Life without the new parts, as greatn suggested?

It's currently available in Finland, which it wasn't a week ago. And yes, you can import Miis from Tomodachi Life, which also has the voice and characteristics data it'll use.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

As mayor of this thread, I would like to wish Shigeru Miyamoto a happy birthday.

SenseLess
May 4, 2007

New rumors from Laura Dale: Mario & Skyrim Switch at Launch, Splatoon Pack In, No March Wii U Zelda

The full article can be found here: http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/11/report-mario-skyrim-switch-at-launch-splatoon-pack-in-no-march-wii-u-zelda/

No Zelda at Launch isn't news (yet another confirmation though) but the other tidbits are.

Edit: Maybe also worth mentioning:

EA CFO Blake Jorgensen posted:

“In terms of Nintendo, in their announcement they announced that we’ll be supporting with a game or two on that new platform. We haven’t yet announced what game, but you should assume that it’s one of our bigger games we’ve been involved with.”

“We’re excited for Nintendo, it’s an interesting device, but I can’t yet predict how broad it’s going to be, and will people be interested in a portable device alongside their regular portable device that they have.”

Bolding mine - that doesn't sound too reassuring....

SenseLess fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 16, 2016

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

sharrrk posted:

new super mario bros u ruled and i look forward to new super mario bros switch.

It's not that there's anything wrong with New Super Mario Brothers in and of itself, it's that if you want to show off that you've put out a new console, maybe don't use a game that's visually indistinguishable from a very similar game on your previous console.

Plus, as has been hammered on repeatedly, the marketing was so bad and focused so much on the controller that they forgot to mention the console itself, so people came away with the entirely reasonable conclusion that the Wii U was a new controller add-on for the Wii.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I would not have expected Spla2n at launch. I figured it was a summer or holiday title.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

SenseLess posted:

Splatoon Pack In,

A game where, using a classic Zapper, you Duck underwater and Hunt your friends...... preorder will also include Track & Field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Reiley posted:

A game where, using a classic Zapper, you Duck underwater and Hunt your friends...... preorder will also include Track & Field.

nobody ducks into water into splatoon unless they wanna die

• Locked thread