Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Underground biome spread has been pretty much negligible for a long time, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

codo27 posted:

I'm still doing good damage, the breaker sword I got is godly, too bad its so slow.

Even though it's a pre-hardmode weapon, the Night's Edge is still a very nice melee weapon in the early hardmode. I still used regularly it until I got to make Excalibur.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
My go to immediately after popping wof is Onyx Blaster and/or spider staff/armor

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

onyx blaster very much owns but this go around i ended up without any crimson desert so i had to artificially make one. which is pretty funny considering how much i’ve complained about the opposite before so well played i suppose

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Evil Kit posted:

This was removed in Labor Of Love, as mentioned above. I remember it specifically because of seeing it in the patch notes and being genuinely surprised. I want to say they also removed any reason to smash more than three alters other than personal satisfaction, but I'd have to double check that one.

Ah gently caress, I missed that patch note in my latest playthrough and went through just smashing 3 altars. Whoops!

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So much progress today. I've been using the captain America shield because I'm lazy, but I still need a heavy hitter for current bosses.

I thought I'd somehow lost my inventory accessories at one point when I respawned with just the hot bar. Upon returning to my death site (trapped chest with several boulders) it turned out I'd clicked on deposit all instead of loot all :negative:

I'm really enjoying this play through but my hand, wrist and forearm are killing me. And I'm usually the one telling people at the office about having your arms at 90 degrees and poo poo.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
https://twitter.com/Terraria_Logic/status/1589656901125828610?s=20&t=1HeAdkaoeMJQechEdJj9aA
I love that all the comments are making #FinalUpdate jokes.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

At this point Relogic are just trolling the team trying to keep Tmodloader up to date

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The game isn't perfect, yet. One thing they can fix is your pets/sheild/other accessories making it so you cant see blocks directly in front of you, really annoying when digging tunnels and such. Summons and armor should go partially transparent or something when covering up blocks. I know I cant be the only one who digs tunnels and gets stuck every 10 seconds because theres a brick blocking your way that you cant see because you're up against it.

Also, tell me I'm not missing some better method of using the extractinator than just holding the mouse button down? Really starts to get old when you've got a stack of 1300 silt

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

codo27 posted:

The game isn't perfect, yet. One thing they can fix is your pets/sheild/other accessories making it so you cant see blocks directly in front of you, really annoying when digging tunnels and such. Summons and armor should go partially transparent or something when covering up blocks. I know I cant be the only one who digs tunnels and gets stuck every 10 seconds because theres a brick blocking your way that you cant see because you're up against it.
If I'm digging a tunnel, I use smart cursor, and it automatically hits out every block in front of me anyway. If I still had to use my mouse to precisely select every block in my way I would've stopped playing by now.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

codo27 posted:

Also, tell me I'm not missing some better method of using the extractinator than just holding the mouse button down? Really starts to get old when you've got a stack of 1300 silt

chlorophyte extractinator baybeee

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Vib Rib posted:

If I'm digging a tunnel, I use smart cursor, and it automatically hits out every block in front of me anyway. If I still had to use my mouse to precisely select every block in my way I would've stopped playing by now.

Same holy poo poo that was tedious. And people liked it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

watho posted:

chlorophyte extractinator baybeee
The what now? :popeye:
https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Chlorophyte_Extractinator
... Moss?? You can process fishing trash??

jokes posted:

Same holy poo poo that was tedious. And people liked it.
I liked the game in spite of that.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the way you played the game without smart cursor was with lots of dynamite

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
The right way to play the game is still with lots of dynamite.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I started stashing all my fossils/silt/slush until I can mine the chlorophyte. Took in probably over 2500 last nights session alone. How does the chlorophyte one work? Just one click and done or is it just faster?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I don't really want any more content. This game on PC already has the most favourable content to cost ratio in the history of time. I would rather that they stop updating this and catch up the mobile versions, specifically Switch.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The Chlorophyte Extractinator is faster and it can drop hard mode ores. I think some of the drop percentages are tweaked for better cash return as well. It isn't single click fast but it is definitely quicker than the regular one.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

yeah it’s not instant but it’s quite a bit faster. that said if you have enough that converting it all takes a significant amount of time you could probably just trash most of it. you’re not gonna get any super rare epic items out of it mostly just ore and money

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

JustJeff88 posted:

I don't really want any more content. This game on PC already has the most favourable content to cost ratio in the history of time. I would rather that they stop updating this and catch up the mobile versions, specifically Switch.

Is it not caught up already? Labor of Love is already on Switch and mobile unless I am missing something.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Gadzuko posted:

Is it not caught up already? Labor of Love is already on Switch and mobile unless I am missing something.

It definitely made a huge leap these last few months while I wasn't looking. PC version is at 1.4.4.7 while Switch is at 1.4.4.1

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Half-wit posted:

The right way to play the game is still with lots of dynamite.
Scarab Bombs are also good although I wish you could make a version with a shorter fuse and/or that you can fire in a straight trajectory out of some kind of gun.

watho posted:

yeah it’s not instant but it’s quite a bit faster. that said if you have enough that converting it all takes a significant amount of time you could probably just trash most of it. you’re not gonna get any super rare epic items out of it mostly just ore and money
Sub-chlorphyte ore, specifically. Tops out at Adamantium/Titanium.

Silt also has another use, making stucco, so you might wanna not extractinate that.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i don’t think anything has changed between 1.4.4.1 and 1.4.4.7 except for fairly minor fixes. you can’t really publish hotfix patches on console so i’m assuming they’re waiting for all the hotfixes to be done and compile that into a proper patch for the console versions

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

JustJeff88 posted:

I feel the same but instead of updating other versions just start on Terraria 2.
The game is incredible but a lot of it is held back by its initial codebase. An entirely new game, with lessons learned from the first, could have all kinds of new systems and mechanics baked in from step 1. Many more possibilities.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I'm trying to get Auto Select to work but all it seems to want to do is give me torches. Any suggestions?

Also is doing the Defender emblems/Old One's Army worth the time?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Mayveena posted:

I'm trying to get Auto Select to work but all it seems to want to do is give me torches. Any suggestions?

hold the cursor closer to your character and on a block, or further away for glowsticks/flare gun

Mayveena posted:

i’ve literally never done it lol

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mayveena posted:

Not really. If you want to do it for completeness' sake it's hilariously easy with endgame stuff.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mayveena posted:

Do you like sentries? Like, really like sentries?

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The armors can be nice for mix and matching sets and the storage is a nice fourth piggy bank if you are on a server.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

Not really. If you want to do it for completeness' sake it's hilariously easy with endgame stuff.

My experience:

*has terraprisma*

"Oh, is this all it is?"

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Vib Rib posted:

I feel the same but instead of updating other versions just start on Terraria 2.
The game is incredible but a lot of it is held back by its initial codebase. An entirely new game, with lessons learned from the first, could have all kinds of new systems and mechanics baked in from step 1. Many more possibilities.

I understand; the creators see it is a labour of love, but I don't disagree with you. Again, no game ever has had as much content for so little money (at least the PC version; consoles take the piss a bit) and I think that it's time to move on to TS: Mine Harder. I think that this game offers far more than Minecraft, which I've never understand and whose creator is an utter piece of poo poo.

Andrew and his team... they've made tens of millions on the 10th or 11th best-selling game ever. They have the luxury of starting a brand new, risky project that might fail, but they'll never go hunry if it does. Artistically speaking, if they want to keep creating, and that would be nice, it's time to start a new project. Eleven years is a century in terms of gaming these days.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 9, 2022

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

JustJeff88 posted:

I understand; the creators see it is a labour of love, but I don't disagree with you. Again, no game ever has had as much content for so little money (at least the PC version; consoles take the piss a bit) and I think that it's time to move on to TS: Mine Harder. I think that this game offers far more than Minecraft, which I've never understand and whose creator is an utter piece of poo poo.

Andrew and his team... they've made tens of millions on the 10th or 11th best-selling game ever. They have the luxury of starting a brand new, risky project that might fail, but they'll never go hunry if it does. Artistically speaking, if they want to keep creating, and that would be nice, it's time to start a new project. Eleven years is a century in terms of gaming these days.

Or they could just keep working on Terraria forever. Whatever makes them happy, it just makes me happy that there is more Terraria.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You'd think any old cracker jack box would run this in 4K but nope, installed on my HTPC last night and it was at a dead crawl until I enabled frame skip. And even then I saw big drops when entering the desert for example.

I'm outfitted with titanium, still need to find & combine some accessories, and procure a better sword. Whats next before I take on the big 3?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

ice or crystal assassin armor is what i’d use for the mech bosses

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Do you have Shadowflame Knives? Those are easy mode for the Twins and Skeleton, especially with Ice Armor.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I picked up some weird knife last night, maybe that was it. Didn't try it yet. Still spamming the cap merica shield

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I usually bail at Moon Lord but I killed him enough to make a Zenith this go-round on Expert. Thanks Terraprisma!

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I nearly beat skelprime on the first try, forced by a random spawn rather than intentional. Was doing great until I actually went inside the nurse's house kinda by accident after switching out the placement glove in favor of the warrior emblem and got stuck and got us both killed. Thought it was funny though as I got a lot further than with destroyer or twins, but OG skeletron gave me the most trouble pre-hardmode.

I cant believe the angler doesn't sell worms, or anything else. I only just bought a bug net now :negative:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Did they ever fix the grass boots exploit? I forget exactly how to trigger it, but wearing the boots that grow grass when you walk, there used to be a way to create and instantly destroy the grass, so you would spawn hundreds of pieces of bait in no time at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

They did back in 1.4, according to the wiki. It still technically works, but the chance of spawning anything from grass or flowers is reduced to 0.0001% of the base chance if you're wearing the boots.