Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

EclecticTastes posted:

Being originally from Boston, the cold nights were rarely a problem for me. Of course, back in college, my insistence on shorts almost all year round backfired spectacularly on an especially cold day in February during which there was a bit of sleet that turned to freezing rain, right when I needed to trek clear across campus to get to my next class. :suicide:

Oof, I can imagine. Cold dry air is very different from cold wet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So, speculating on the other two costumes, Kaine seems likely. Yonah seems unlikely, but Papa Nier is a maybe, since the other two are ladies. That's assuming we're sticking with just Nier and not getting into new costumes or Drankengard or other Platinum games.

The Dark Id posted:

But if say so.

We’ve still got the cores of a bunch of dead robot children who commit suicide out of fear

where 9S can hijack machines and pitting ‘em against other machines.

or seen anything get hit with in the 140+ hour I have playing this game now...

in the 140+ hour I have playing this game now

Did cut off your pants legs to make double sleeves...?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

witchcore ricepunk posted:

This being DrakeNieR, there's a very despair-inducing story behind that hairdo.

Is this about an incident brother nier had when he was trying to pay for his sister's medicine or is this in regards to something else?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

The Dark Id posted:

Given our experiences, it’s fairly obvious what the go-to machine is for being reasonably competent.

Aww... what? C’mon! Tch... Fine... We’ll take a medium-biped.

If I remember my run through this correctly, this would actually be the optimal choice. Smaller, lighter robots get hit less, but seem to deal out the about the same damage with most non-special attacks. I could be wrong.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Zagglezig posted:

So, speculating on the other two costumes, Kaine seems likely. Yonah seems unlikely, but Papa Nier is a maybe, since the other two are ladies. That's assuming we're sticking with just Nier and not getting into new costumes or Drankengard or other Platinum games.

Drak 3 had Nier costumes, so we can hope

2B as Kaine and A2 as Caim make the most sense

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

So this particular Colisseum, I personally found that their line about Melee Weapon to be a lie, as the best unit when I went through it was the Small Biped with 2 axes. Some of it's attacks just shred everything else.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Is this about an incident brother nier had when he was trying to pay for his sister's medicine or is this in regards to something else?

Brother Nier's client liked to pull on hair.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Lord_Magmar posted:

So this particular Colisseum, I personally found that their line about Melee Weapon to be a lie, as the best unit when I went through it was the Small Biped with 2 axes. Some of it's attacks just shred everything else.

Dear God this. I did the max lvl ones just spamming spin to win.

Fun fact, you can equip the chip that makes you lvl up a robot you take over for these fights. If I remember correctly they just lvl up the badguys too.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ryas posted:

Brother Nier's client liked to pull on hair.

Jesus Christ

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

YOTC posted:

Dear God this. I did the max lvl ones just spamming spin to win.

Fun fact, you can equip the chip that makes you lvl up a robot you take over for these fights. If I remember correctly they just lvl up the badguys too.

Nope! Their level stays the same.

Gives you an edge in the lower leveled rounds.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Billzasilver posted:

Drak 3 had Nier costumes, so we can hope

2B as Kaine and A2 as Caim make the most sense

A2 is basically just RoboKainé. 2B is inverted Papa Nier; instead of being a hulking softie with Jamieson Price's booming manvoice, she's an ice-cold professional killer with a voice like a squeaktoy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Screaming Idiot posted:

A2 is basically just RoboKainé. 2B is inverted Papa Nier; instead of being a hulking softie with Jamieson Price's booming manvoice, she's an ice-cold professional killer with a voice like a squeaktoy.

A2 will be Kaine, 2B will be Zero. You heard it here first, directly from my random rear end guesses.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Screaming Idiot posted:

She's not squeaky in any voice over though. The major criticism of her English VA is that she's an hardass all the time, even when it's not fitting of the moment.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I though Zero was already Kaine

Priestly
Apr 26, 2008

Don't know if this was brought up earlier, but...

http://yorha.com

Apparently they're doing a new run of the YoRHa stage play, this time featuring 2B's voice actress Yui Ishikawa as Number Two. Emi Evans and Marina Kawano (who sang the Japanese ending theme for Automata) are listed as singers. They're also going to run a brand new play about the first male YoRHa models, with "Number Nine" as the main character. Might not be super relevant to the thread, but I thought it was neat.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Billzasilver posted:

I though Zero was already Kaine

Nah. They're all just evidence that Yoko Taro's got a type.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Priestly posted:

Don't know if this was brought up earlier, but...

http://yorha.com

Apparently they're doing a new run of the YoRHa stage play, this time featuring 2B's voice actress Yui Ishikawa as Number Two. Emi Evans and Marina Kawano (who sang the Japanese ending theme for Automata) are listed as singers. They're also going to run a brand new play about the first male YoRHa models, with "Number Nine" as the main character. Might not be super relevant to the thread, but I thought it was neat.

I would say this is super relevant and drat them for not having a lovely American tour.

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Oh drat, now I'm interested in seeing how they're gonna update it! Do you think they're going to use more of the game's voice actors? Can't wait to hear the red girls talk like an old man :v:

Priestly
Apr 26, 2008

YOTC posted:

I would say this is super relevant and drat them for not having a lovely American tour.
They seem to be selling livestream tickets by way of NicoNico for 2500 yen (about $22) if you're really, really interested.

Mad Surge posted:

Oh drat, now I'm interested in seeing how they're gonna update it! Do you think they're going to use more of the game's voice actors? Can't wait to hear the red girls talk like an old man :v:
I think Anemone's VA will be reprising her role from the game, but I haven't looked up the rest.

Edit: She won't, I just misread an old tweet.

Priestly fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 4, 2018

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

Nah. They're all just evidence that Yoko Taro's got a type.

Hair: White.

Clothing: Variable-to-skimpy.

Stabby: Yes.

(Loosely on the topic, it's interesting how far apart A2 and 2B are personality-wise, despite having the same base. 2B's a cold professional with a keen understanding of her own guilt and a buried core of empathy. Meanwhile, A2's an idiot murder hobo.)

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

chiasaur11 posted:

Hair: White.

Clothing: Variable-to-skimpy.

Stabby: Yes.

(Loosely on the topic, it's interesting how far apart A2 and 2B are personality-wise, despite having the same base. 2B's a cold professional with a keen understanding of her own guilt and a buried core of empathy. Meanwhile, A2's an idiot murder hobo.)

Yoko Taro is married.

Should we be worried about what kind of person his wife is.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Supremezero posted:

Yoko Taro is married.

Should we be worried about what kind of person his wife is.

She helped make the final boss for Drakengard III, right? She's probably just like him.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
She does the art for the Taiko Drum Master series. Her work persona, at least, is the radical opposite of his.

So of course she did fanart of the game.

https://twitter.com/2894chang/status/842573983304183808

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
If you don't think that Yukiko Yoko isn't as crazy or more than Taro, you're probably wrong.
Although it's really funny to see the contrast in their mannerisms, as her social media presence gives me the impression that she's super outdoorsy and outgoing, whereas Taro is a pensive antisocial (borderline)hikikomori. But I am nonetheless confident that they are comparably weird.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Taro is drinking buddies with like everyone at Squeenix, he sure as hell ain't reclusive

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I wonder if he and Yoship are discussing how to do a crossover with FF14.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

U-DO Burger posted:

Taro is drinking buddies with like everyone at Squeenix, he sure as hell ain't reclusive

True, but he's also mentioned in several interviews that he doesn't like going out, exercising, or the like, and prefers to sit in his room in the dark and write. He may just be heeding the call of booze. I mean, the Emil mask isn't just for meme-y purposes, he genuinely doesn't like being photographed or making public appearances. I do think he shows a lot of other signs characteristic of social anxiety, but I'm not here to be an armchair therapist.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I kinda want to see a game by Yoko Taro with his wife's art style. I mean, yes, the whole "super cute stuff in super disturbing situations" shtick has been done to death, but if anyone can breathe some new life into it, it's :yokotaro:.

Oh man thinking of the juxtaposition of cute and disturbing, I kinda want to see Yoko Taro helm a Kirby game. Kirby loves to play around with final bosses and secret bosses that are pretty creepy (by kid standards, at least), pushing the envelope all the way to Yoko Taro's level would definitely be something to see. Plus the Kirby series loves shoot-em-ups almost as much as he does.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

being an introvert doesn't automatically make you a hikikomori, don't be silly

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

EclecticTastes posted:

I kinda want to see a game by Yoko Taro with his wife's art style. I mean, yes, the whole "super cute stuff in super disturbing situations" shtick has been done to death, but if anyone can breathe some new life into it, it's :yokotaro:.

I am all for this idea.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Augus posted:

being an introvert doesn't automatically make you a hikikomori, don't be silly

It does mean Aqua will call you one, though.

Even dying outside doesn't shield you from those charges in her sight.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Vadoc posted:

I wonder if he and Yoship are discussing how to do a crossover with FF14.

These are fanart, but one can always dream.

They did do a head slot costume item that looks pretty much exactly like the 2B/9S eye covering, though.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016
If there would be a cross over it would likely be with 15, because that game is crossing over with everything lately
My mind is still prosessing the extremely out of place and sudden rear end creed crossover, and the tekken one

Wait... I jist remembered that it already did
As 15s main swprd thing is in nier (also on rear end creed)

Edit: I had completely forgotten that nier stuff was on 15 too

Arkanumzilong fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jan 5, 2018

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
You can also play Nier music on the in game radio in FFXV

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Leraika posted:

These are fanart, but one can always dream.

They did do a head slot costume item that looks pretty much exactly like the 2B/9S eye covering, though.

On one hand, yes, yes, yes.

On the other hand, WHM getting the worst design again is a nope, so I'd want a do-over if they did that.

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

END ME SCOOB posted:

She does the art for the Taiko Drum Master series. Her work persona, at least, is the radical opposite of his.

So of course she did fanart of the game.

https://twitter.com/2894chang/status/842573983304183808

Oh my god, this is the best thing ever and the most unexpected plot twist :allears: they deserve each other :3:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

It does mean Aqua will call you one, though.

Even dying outside doesn't shield you from those charges in her sight.

This some nerd poo poo? The gently caress is an aqua?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Dabir posted:

This some nerd poo poo? The gently caress is an aqua?

Some anime character. I believe I've heard people refer to her as "useless goddess".

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Konosuba is legit funny by real comedy standards, not just anime ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Konosuba is a good anime, I'm not sure what caused it to be brought up though. Does Yukiko Yoko work on it or something?

• Locked thread