Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Actually,

But Xenoblade is, in their creators' words, an indirect continuation and a better experience.

Agreed - Xenoblade is significantly better than anything Xenosaga...."produced."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kirios posted:

Agreed - Xenoblade is significantly better than anything Xenosaga...."produced."

I remember reading the Iwata Asks on Xenoblade and when they bring up Xenosaga and Takahashi said that, since they started a new company, they had a bunch of new hires and most of them had no clue what they were doing and were basically learning how to make a game as they were making the game.

Also, going through the Xenosaga LP right now and it sounds like a lot of poo poo went on behind the scenes of Xenosaga 2, and it's honestly more entertaining to read how badly production went then to actually watch the game.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
But where does Xenogears come in in this situation?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

xenogears is the only good xeno game

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You will find all the answers* in Xenoblade X.

*To questions you never asked.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There are three more Sega 3D Classics coming this year: Streets of Rage 2 (out in Japan, out elsewhere next month), Gunstar Heroes (came out in Japan this week, out elsewhere in August), Sonic 2 (out in Japan next month, out elsewhere in September). These are all games that were particularly tough to convert to stereoscopic 3D and they may end up being the final games in the series.

I cannot wait for these and I hope that it's not the last because we need Sonic & Knuckles.
But still. Goddamn. 3D Gunstar.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Terper posted:

You will find all the answers* in Xenoblade X.

*To questions you never asked.

Ohh I hope it has a Star Ocean 3 level revelation like Xenoblade did!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My Xenogears experience was my college roommate starting up an in-progress save after not having played it for a while, spending like an hour minmaxing his party and doing equipment/inventory management, and then I tripped over the power cord before he saved. He never played it again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's nothing to min/max in Xenogears other than 'is this bit of equipment better than what I've got yes/no' which should take all of five minutes.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

gotta hit level 99 and max out all your combos

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

There's nothing to min/max in Xenogears other than 'is this bit of equipment better than what I've got yes/no' which should take all of five minutes.

I've never played it man but I know what I saw.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sodium Chloride posted:

For fucks sake, you do not need to practice screwing. Anti clockwise to unscrew, clockwise to screw it back and use the right size screwdriver.

i sent my 3ds in for RMA and they managed to strip one of the screws (then sent it back anyway)

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
I'm thinking about getting a N3DSXL, but I don't want the boring colors they have out now. Since we don't get faceplates and the already released special editions are way more expensive on the reseller market than I'm willing to pay, are there any bundles on the horizon that are coming out with a special edition? I've looked around but wasn't able to find anything.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Reggie teased about new SKUs which people thought would be the regular N3DS but could just as well be more special edition-type things.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Also another option is just to use a decalgirl skin. They come in solid colors, and you'll have some black trims (if you use a black n3DS) which honestly looks great with solid colors.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about vinyl decals. Honestly, now I think that's a better idea since I can change it up whenever I want. Thanks for the idea!

Edit: any experience with using them? How hard are they to line up and get right? I've actually never used a decal before and I like the idea of the extra scratch resistance.

Overemotional Robot fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 29, 2015

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
My left hand keeps cramping up after playing on my XL after a few hours. Is there a goon recommended grip shell thing I can get for my XL for longer gaming sessions at home?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

spasticColon posted:

My left hand keeps cramping up after playing on my XL after a few hours. Is there a goon recommended grip shell thing I can get for my XL for longer gaming sessions at home?

http://www.amazon.com/New-3ds-Grip/dp/B00OTEMTD4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435544501&sr=8-1&keywords=new+nintendo+3ds+cyber+gadget

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Overemotional Robot posted:

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about vinyl decals. Honestly, now I think that's a better idea since I can change it up whenever I want. Thanks for the idea!

Edit: any experience with using them? How hard are they to line up and get right? I've actually never used a decal before and I like the idea of the extra scratch resistance.

I got a skin from Decal Girl and it looks fantastic! It was fairly easy to put on but I went super slowly because I was afraid of messing it up. When it's done it doesn't even look like a decal; it looks like the thing came that way. It's amazing and I love it.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Sweet, ordered! Next I'm looking at the micro sd cards. What is the max storage the N3DSXL can utilize?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sweet, ordered! Next I'm looking at the micro sd cards. What is the max storage the N3DSXL can utilize?

Without using a PC to reformat, 32GB. Bigger cards have to be formatted and there doesn't seem to be a limit.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

That's for a new 3DS I have an old 3DS XL.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Hmm, well reformating wouldn't be a problem. Anything over 32 gets a bit pricey though without waiting on a sale. I'm wondering how much I'd download, actually. Owning physical 3ds games isn't that bad because they're easy to store. Are load times and stuff improved in downloaded games?

Thanks for answering all my questions everyone!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Hmm, well reformating wouldn't be a problem. Anything over 32 gets a bit pricey though without waiting on a sale. I'm wondering how much I'd download, actually. Owning physical 3ds games isn't that bad because they're easy to store. Are load times and stuff improved in downloaded games?

Physical 3ds games are literally just tiny flash cards, there's no time benefit for downloaded games. Some games get very cheap on eShop, though, which can make purchasing worthwhile.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

From the reviews, it sounds like this is for a regular N3DS and not an XL one.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

You're not going to fill up a 32gb. I have about ten full 3DS games and a couple eshop titles and mine isn't even half full. You're going to have to drop a lot of money to fill one up and even if you get there some of those will be games you're "done" with and can uninstall (you don't lose your save file if you eventually redownload).

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

corn in the bible posted:

Physical 3ds games are literally just tiny flash cards, there's no time benefit for downloaded games. Some games get very cheap on eShop, though, which can make purchasing worthwhile.

Conversely, some physical carts can become exorbitantly valuable, but mainly the first party ones. There are some cartridges that retail around $70 already if you have the box, and if old Square SNES or similar games are any indication, in about 10 years that value will quadruple.

EDIT: Mind you, that's a completely loving stupid reason to buy a game, but there it is.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Zet posted:

From the reviews, it sounds like this is for a regular N3DS and not an XL one.

Quite right, the packaging looks exactly the same as the one I ordered off ebay.

http://www.amazon.com/CYBER-grip-ru...cyber+gadget+ll

Here's the one for the old XL.

quote:

A game controller type grip for 3DS excellent at a feeling of hold!

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Fix posted:

Quite right, the packaging looks exactly the same as the one I ordered off ebay.

http://www.amazon.com/CYBER-grip-ru...cyber+gadget+ll

Here's the one for the old XL.

Thanks for this I think I came across that one on Amazon but I wan't sure if it was goon recommend and I didn't see a link for it in the OP.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

spasticColon posted:

Thanks for this I think I came across that one on Amazon but I wan't sure if it was goon recommend and I didn't see a link for it in the OP.

All I can say is I was having the same hand cramp problems and I've been using this for a few months now and it's made my experience much improved.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

You're not going to fill up a 32gb. I have about ten full 3DS games and a couple eshop titles and mine isn't even half full. You're going to have to drop a lot of money to fill one up and even if you get there some of those will be games you're "done" with and can uninstall (you don't lose your save file if you eventually redownload).

Thanks, this is what I was wondering! I still have a ton of DS titles to get around to, also, so I don't think I'll be hurting for games.

Fuzz posted:

Conversely, some physical carts can become exorbitantly valuable, but mainly the first party ones. There are some cartridges that retail around $70 already if you have the box, and if old Square SNES or similar games are any indication, in about 10 years that value will quadruple.

I learned this first hand when I went into a used retro game store. Saw a copy of GC Zelda Master Quest behind glass for $70. I bought mine for like $2 when it came out! I don't buy carts to turn a profit down the line or anything, but I definitely hang on to most of them now instead of trading them in or reselling them.

Overemotional Robot fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jun 29, 2015

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I just bought Ocarina of Time 3D and wow, it's great. It's the perfect "remake".

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Apparently this is Nintendo's first mobile gaming release: Pokemon Shuffle. Surprising? Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK3DWwQmUxQ

Should we now create a Nintendo Mobile thread or what?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Weak. Is that part of the Nintendo DeNA thing though or just something Gamefreak has on the back burner?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Pokemon Company has released iOS apps before

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

greatn posted:

Weak. Is that part of the Nintendo DeNA thing though or just something Gamefreak has on the back burner?

I assume it's not "officially" part of the DeNA thing, as Pokemon TCG is also on mobile. This is probably just another Pokemon Company thing.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

gmq posted:

I just bought Ocarina of Time 3D and wow, it's great. It's the perfect "remake".

Wait till you try Majora's Mask. I finally started it today and it's even better... having the Circle Pad Pro allow for free camera control is amazing, and the way the Bomber's Notebook is setup in this is great. :swoon:

I never played through the whole thing, I only ever played it in that Gamecube collection and only as far as the first dungeon like... 10 years ago, but I am totally digging it now.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
It's literally Huniepop

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

canoshiz posted:

It's literally Huniepop
Nintendo is loving us again with this censorship bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

canoshiz posted:

It's literally Huniepop

That will be the Fire Emblem version.