Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pulling a trigger to fire a gun is pretty cool, but it is way easier to rack up w1ckd h3adsh0ts with a mouse so I am torn

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Just got my first gaming pc, and getting used to kb+m after two decades of controllers is pretty tricky!! I haven't gotten the hang of hitting the numbers to do things yet, and every time I have to I end up messing up positioning when I moved back down to wasd. Controllers are good because I've used them all my life and using thumbs to hit buttons is really easy.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
gently caress all you close-minded grognards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MShp4F4cUDE

Soral
May 30, 2009

heres how you play third person shooters like gta on pc: use the mouse and keyboard like god intended, and then turn slightly to make use of your sick rear end racing wheel next to your keyboard whenever you need to get in a car/horse/other vehicle

Soral
May 30, 2009

if you dont have a racing wheel, well, then, you just arent serious enough about gameing

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Have fun with your bad posture, while I chill back in my recliner playing any PC game ever made with a Dual-Strike using Pinnacle game profiler.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Playing an FPS or 3rdPS with a controller feels.....wrong. Mouse and keyboard or :frogout: for those type of games.

GTA style games I use a controller because you spend about 70-90% of the time in those games driving and it's a pain to switch to M&KB when on foot for those games. They usually have lock-on targeting for combat anyway.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Soral posted:

if you dont have a racing wheel, well, then, you just arent serious enough about gameing
I don't have a racing wheel and I'm pretty good at games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have one and I have only really used it to play Euro Truck Simulator.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lmbo if you dont have one of these for shooting people gaems

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Silver Striker posted:

I refuse to believe those people actually exist, OP.

They do and have infiltrated this forum of true gamers. They should be lined up against a wall for summary execution.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
everything i have is wireless, deth2cords

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

everything i have is wireless, deth2cords

Enjoy input lag and batteries running out midsession much?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i enjoy the wii remote + analog stick fps controls, such as in metroid prime trilogy

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i enjoy the wii remote + analog stick fps controls, such as in metroid prime trilogy
theyre cool but i cant aim the remote for poo poo

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I once used glovepie to pair a wiimote and nunchuk to my computer and I used the nunchuk to move and my mouse to aim and I jizzed in my pants so hard that I can never use that control scheme again

nunchuk was small enough for me to reach down and pop buttons on my keyboard that werent crouch or jump easily too

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I can see the appeal OP just cuz its like, nice to chill and relax and just lean back in yor cofy chair or whatever and game on... obviously only in singeplayer games.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lamebot posted:

some retarded coworker who said he was in a bunch of MLG events ( and a microsoft ambassador??) refused to accept the superiority of kbm because controller "takes more skill". using aluminum foil in place of a skillet to fry eggs takes more skill too but you're retarded if you do it.

Did you say that to his face or is this your Jerk Store?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Unguided posted:

Did you say that to his face or is this your Jerk Store?

it was paraphrased. im pathetic enough to extol the virtues of gaming control schemes irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
i play fpses on pc with both controllers and m+kb depending on the game in question because i am a super pro gamer able to adjust to any control method instantly after years of training

• Locked thread