Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Oh, OP, you can see some Carrie Anne-Moss sideboob in the classic Val Kilmer sci-fi vehicle Red Planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hell Yeah posted:

somehow she is both an ugly woman and insanely hot at the same time it's a mystery

its the spandex motorcycle rear end

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

butterface + leather = leatherface?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Hell Yeah posted:

butterface + leather = leatherface?

Buttleather.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when you wear leather that form fitting do you let off squeaky farts?

was the entire filming of the matrix filled with squeaky leatherfarts from all the cast?

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I love make woman fart in the face..very hot..very smell

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
:gas:

...this thread

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Looks like the Requiem For A Dream reboot is coming along nicely

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

gbs hates women

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

I could never put my finger on what made Carrie Anne-Moss look so much older in the sequels than the original. They were filmed only a few years apart, but Merovingian club Trinity comes off as at least eight or ten years older than Dragula club Trinity from the first movie. Maybe it was something subtle like the shift in costuming or the way they switched the cinematography to that heavy green tint, but it was really jarring the first time I saw it.

She looked sickly in the sequels. I think it was probably a deliberate choice to make her look like she has been without sunlight or proper nutrition for a long time. They just didn't have the time or know-how to achieve the effect in the first one, or hadn't thought of it yet.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

gary oldmans diary posted:

they had a copy of grant morrisons the invisibles on set and plagiarized specific scenes (basically all the iconic ones: the pills reflected in morpheuss glasses, the mirror, the jump off the rooftop test, the interrogation of morpheus by agent smith) from it frame by frame as well as the entire premise of the movie and several character designs. the leather fetishism was all wachowski though

I thought the invisibles had a ton of fetish poo poo in it too

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

mind the walrus posted:

Trinity being in a weird quantum hot/not hot state comes from the Wachowskis being extremely LGBTQ-oriented and wanting her to look butch.

I think it's because the costuming and general style of Matrix was cool for roughly 2 months in the late 90s and became unbelievably lame immediately after that. People like to say that hot people can get away with wearing anything, but I'm declaring vinyl pants and trenchcoats an exception to that rule.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

gary oldmans diary posted:

uhhh... no. and the first 20 minutes of the matrix is unbearable to watch

if you want a good movie i recommend superman 2 the richard donner cut seen here:
https://i.imgur.com/xShQWMQ.mp4

The ref doesn't seem to have a handle on this situation

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Was that her in the new star wars?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Voted 5

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

bloom posted:

I think it's because the costuming and general style of Matrix was cool for roughly 2 months in the late 90s and became unbelievably lame immediately after that. People like to say that hot people can get away with wearing anything, but I'm declaring vinyl pants and trenchcoats an exception to that rule.

:agreed:. I remember how cool I thought all the sunglasses looked in the first one, and how douchey they looked in the sequel.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I thought the invisibles had a ton of fetish poo poo in it too
Lmao yes. They have a graphic recreation of "120 Days of Sodom." The characters frequently gently caress. A main character is transvestite child prostitute named "Lord Fanny." There are more than a few rapes. It isn't Garth Ennis or Mark Millar levels of crass, nor as lewd as Alan Moore, but still creepy.

Also when the book was being canceled Grant Morrison asked all his readers to masturbate and think of the comic while coming in order to cast a spell to save it. The comic didn't get canceled.

I'm still not convinced of the Matrix ripping it off beyond broad strokes. Can anyone post the pages? I really don't recall them when I read the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Frankenstyle posted:

That's her sister Infinity.

• Locked thread