Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

anne frank fanfic posted:

hey lf is back now, great *puke*

u should tweet about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

maybe spend 4 seconds thinking about who killed all those people

It was America even if its mongrel thugs did not pull the trigger themselves

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.

Lord Tywin posted:

Just give all of the Middle East to the Kurds.

Really, the global community needs to pick a side in this situation. At the end of they day, more lives will be saved and one group of Arabs will be forever indebted.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

at least the anime maoists are still gone. silver linings

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

im having trouble picturing how retarded, ignorant, and insensitive someone could be to post that and "for shame america" in a loving thread where those same people who killed the overwhelming majority of those people are now holding hundreds of people hostage. Presumably taking a break from "car bomb in crowded civilian market number #459". Get bent

Lol get this guy

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

We didn't even build a pyramid out of skulls in Iraq, only with like 6 naked dudes. Ghengis Khan did better than we did :smith:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

dick and bush and everyone in congress that voted for the war are literally war criminals and they will never see any sort of retribution for destroying the lives of million of people to enrich themselves, lol

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Bolow posted:

We didn't even build a pyramid out of skulls in Iraq, only with like 6 naked dudes. Ghengis Khan did better than we did :smith:

i thought that was tamerlane

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

also the first thing we did in iraq after overthrowing the government was to totally dismantle and privatize any civil services rather than try to use them to restore the country to any kind of functioning order because the people in charge of rebuilding were free market ideologues

theres a documentary about this and its loving hilarious how incompetent the whole thing was. they were giving lucrative positions to friends and family so you had poo poo like a loving college junior that was in charge of all the traffic in Baghdad which of course was a huge horrible mess

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

babypolis posted:

literally war criminals

those arent what those words mean

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
im officially moving this conversation to weird twitter

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

babypolis posted:

theres a documentary about this and its loving hilarious how incompetent the whole thing was. they were giving lucrative positions to friends and family so you had poo poo like a loving college junior that was in charge of all the traffic in Baghdad which of course was a huge horrible mess

lmao US does nation building while back home the whole US political process and government is a complete trainwreck

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

those arent what those words mean

so you think the war was justified and the reconstruction well handled then

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

babypolis posted:

so you think the war was justified and the reconstruction well handled then

no (are you loving retarded?) but you are just a 12 year old who needs to use scary sounding words to relay your point regardless of how stupid it makes you sound. Why don't you just call them pedophiles? Its about as relevant. May I reccommend wikipedia so you can learn what your words mean?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

General China posted:

cradle of civilisation motherfucker

The middle east hasn't been civilized for centuries

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

babypolis posted:

dick and bush and everyone in congress that voted for the war are literally war criminals and they will never see any sort of retribution for destroying the lives of million of people to enrich themselves, lol

the economic embargo killed more iraqis than the actual war

quote:

Researcher Richard Garfield estimated that "a minimum of 100,000 and a more likely estimate of 227,000 excess deaths among young children from August 1991 through March 1998" from all causes including sanctions.

USA ftw....

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

no (are you loving retarded?) but you are just a 12 year old who needs to use scary sounding words to relay your point regardless of how stupid it makes you sound. Why don't you just call them pedophiles? Its about as relevant. May I reccommend wikipedia so you can learn what your words mean?

better than being an idiot nerd who cares about defending the honor of literal monsters who literally raped children with their literal monster cocks

etalian posted:

the economic embargo killed more iraqis than the actual war

im p sure the utter destruction of the iraqui goverment and economy after the war killed more than both

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

babypolis posted:

better than being an idiot nerd who cares about defending the honor of literal monsters who literally raped children with their literal monster cocks

pedophile

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

brony

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Chris Awful posted:

How did the U.S. do so well in Japan with setting up a new government and yet so bad in Iraq? Does the U.S. need to drop some MOABs on a few highly populated cities to crush the will of the terrorist?

well probably an important factor is that the US did not militarily pull out of japan and leave it in the hands of chaos

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.

Kyrie eleison posted:

well probably an important factor is that the US did not militarily pull out of japan and leave it in the hands of chaos

Let us imagine that this happened. Anime probably would have never existed.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

one important factor was that in the 1940s the us was still a real country and not an oligarchy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

babypolis posted:

one important factor was that in the 1940s the us was still a real country and not an oligarchy

Also Japan and Germany were much more homogenous cultures without major ethnic or religious fault lines like in Iraq.

Iraq was a classic case of what could go wrong when you destroy a central government and also have millions of weapons floating around in a country which has lots of tribalism.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

i thought that was tamerlane

Tamerlane was about a 100 years later. Also I confused Iraq for Iran :ironicat: Ghengis's Grandson razed Baghdad like 40 years later though.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
i thought it was timbaland

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Khorne posted:

This is like the least true statement ever.
Yeah man everybody knows Realm Divide is a total motherfucker

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

im having trouble picturing how retarded, ignorant, and insensitive someone could be to post that and "for shame america" in a loving thread where those same people who killed the overwhelming majority of those people are now holding hundreds of people hostage. Presumably taking a break from "car bomb in crowded civilian market number #459". Get bent

lol

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
e: double post

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
ISIL are a p hardcore bunch, one of their dudes shot up a jewish museum + the jews contained therein here not two weeks ago

they are also the guys we are rooting for in syria

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

ANIMAL HOUUUUSSSEEE! :argh:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

newreply.php posted:

ISIL are a p hardcore bunch, one of their dudes shot up a jewish museum + the jews contained therein here not two weeks ago

they are also the guys we are rooting for in syria

it's a good plan since i'm sure jews drop gold coins just like in a arcade game.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I'm writing my thesis for my Iraq war class right now on accountability/use of PMCs in Iraq. Guess Iraq actually does need more security.. there goes my paper.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

etalian posted:

it's a good plan since i'm sure jews drop gold coins just like in a arcade game.

really you should jump on their heads bc if you mow em down with an AK nearby jews will get to the gold before you can

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

rocket_man38 posted:

I'm writing my thesis for my Iraq war class right now on accountability/use of PMCs in Iraq. Guess Iraq actually does need more security.. there goes my paper.

you need to take a longer view on history- iraq used to be british

britain started the pmc thing with the east india company

you american fucks are just starting to catch up

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

This is pretty much the way it goes with the US as a colonial power. We should stick to dominating countries culturally. The UK colonized entire continents, the US mostly has military bases everywhere. We're actually pretty lovely at conquering countries, nobody in the US is seeking a challenging frontier trying to white-up neighborhoods in the Philippines. Our actual colonies mostly suck, besides maybe Hawaii. Nations that we conquer always do better if we rebuild them and give them back their sovereignty and apologize.

We got a bunch of oil rich middle easterners to declare war on themselves and now its a contentious group of incompatible religious fanatics and tribes that will devolve into genocidal civil war the moment their western occupiers leave, though not as often as the UK used to.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Chris Awful posted:

How did the U.S. do so well in Japan with setting up a new government and yet so bad in Iraq? Does the U.S. need to drop some MOABs on a few highly populated cities to crush the will of the terrorist?

Japan was already a stable, centralized, mostly industrialized country in 1945, Iraq was literally just some lines drawn on a map and tribal goat herders till the 1960s, and even today the place is a trainwreck with regard to ethnic conflict

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The Brown Menace posted:

there's also the thing where they paraded the emperor aka the closest living thing to a god to japs at the time around and made him calm their asses down, this is slightly more difficult with this kind of elusive allah guy

the emperor worship thing was more of a way for businessmen and generals to appear semi-legitimate while they ran the country as a dictatorship, by claiming that everything they were doing was approved by the god-king when in reality the emperor was pretty much a frail, overeducated nerd that could be easily bullied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chris Awful posted:

The IS does not want Iraq to be successful and functional. That was the whole point of invading them all these times.

• Locked thread