Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Deadpool posted:

His theme sounds a lot like Stone Cold's too and it has a very similar structure.

His new theme is great. The exact opposite of Rowan and Harper's new theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

John Cena is about to be sneezed on and is not pleased.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Deadpool posted:

His theme sounds a lot like Stone Cold's too and it has a very similar structure.

It sounds like his heel theme they used when they wanted people to stop cheering for him and it works, in that regard.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

TheJoker138 posted:

His new theme is great. The exact opposite of Rowan and Harper's new theme.

I agree. Dean's theme is pretty rad. I'm happy he's over as a face and his segment ruled. Just wished he slowed down a tad bit when delivering his promo. And Seth's rebuttal to have Ambrose in the MITB was pretty smart IMO.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

Agreed, and Steph got embarrassed which is always great.

Deadpool posted:

Her going down like that was possibly the Vince-est thing I've ever seen her do. It was pretty great.

Also Dean Ambrose is great and is my favorite wrestler now. Well, after Bo Dallas.

Steph's slow realisation that Vickie had nothing left to lose, and stopping singing as she looked back at the slime pit was one of the best things I seen all time all my life.

But Ambrose's promo for the website might have topped it- if you haven't seen it, go watch it, it's GREAT. I would've said that Wyatt was the best promo they had before the Shield split let him get more mic time than he's had recently. He's like Punk (and Wyatt, really), in that his promos don't sound like homogenised Creative scripting, they're unique, and have an amazing, dangerous energy.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I skipped like 80% of Raw but the parts I watched were great.

Does anyone know if there was a presale code or anything at Smackdown? Calendar only says a house show is up for Puttsburgh, hoping for a Raw or something.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Sigma posted:

It is going to be a crying shame when Cameron runs in and ruins Naomi's shot at taking the belt off of Paige.

I am a fan of seeing Cameron do things. I am not a fan of hearing Cameron say things.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I'm late as hell on this but Harper and Rowans music is awful.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I'm still very upset about Wade Barrett's arm.

Fibby Boy posted:

I'm late as hell on this but Harper and Rowans music is awful.

Agreed. I like the idea but god drat find another song.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Wow, somebody's losing their job over that one, Christ!

Raw was much less fun without the live thread to be bitter in. I think creative are actively loving with the audience. With such a tiny tag roster, they roll out stardust on RAW, nothing on Smackdown then this week they dangle him in front of us like a drat trinket.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
I like it. It's simple and menacing. I think it's smart to give the team their own song, and there's a perfectly good reason that they picked that song. Better than another buttrock riff.

I think I like it just because it's something different. I'm sorta surprised to be alone on that, but there it is.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Man, I forgot how hot the crowd was for the Ziggler/Barrett match. Such a good match

That RVD/Rollins promo was the best promo that RVD did probably ever.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Wade Barrett should do the right thing and nominate Heath Slater as his replacement.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Apparently they've had Adam Rose working dark matches.

They'll feed him to Rusev and we'll never see him on the show again.

Some of you will be happy at this. You suck.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Sex Robot posted:

shame that he wasn't even given a chance to let his character be exposed more before axing him.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Writer Cath posted:

Wade Barrett as Cody Rhodes should do the right thing and nominate Heath Slater Clem Layfield as his replacement.

Better option.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sex Robot posted:

As long as Mr. Butterfingers sticks around for the long haul I'm fine.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Deadpool posted:

If they replace Josh with Renee that's an upgrade in every imaginable way. She did the panel on the NXT show and was great.

I agree with this big time. What are the chances that they'll ever put someone like Renee on commentary?

And when are they going to get rid of Lawler?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Deadpool posted:

As long as Mr. Butterfingers sticks around for the long haul I'm fine.

His bit on Main Event is great too.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

cucka posted:

I like it. It's simple and menacing. I think it's smart to give the team their own song, and there's a perfectly good reason that they picked that song. Better than another buttrock riff.

I think I like it just because it's something different. I'm sorta surprised to be alone on that, but there it is.

I like the IDEA of them having their own creepy music, but this is about the most piss poor way you could possibly execute on that idea.

E: For a minute I honestly thought the Menagerie was on their way out when it started up. Or maybe the return of Cizarny.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

SylvainMustach posted:

I agree with this big time. What are the chances that they'll ever put someone like Renee on commentary?

And when are they going to get rid of Lawler?

They won't get rid of Lawler until the day he dies. And I hope they don't put Renee on commentary because her commentary on NXT is pretty lackluster.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
I hope Cena doesn't win, but him against Lesnar makes a lot of sense. It's what's best for business.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If any of you would miss Adam Rose at all, you'll be happy to know that the Russel Brand version of Arthur is available on Redbox or something.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I think Big E's tits and Ryback's everything are more dangerous than Swagger.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Glad Vickie's taking the opportunity to step away from the business, she's looking pretty bad here.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

They won't get rid of Lawler until the day he dies. And I hope they don't put Renee on commentary because her commentary on NXT is pretty lackluster.

Lackluster would be a significant step up for commentary.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

At least Barrett's gimmick will allow him to continue to have a presence outside of matches, so hopefully he can still get some airtime on the shows and keep getting reactions.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I think Big E's tits and Ryback's everything are more dangerous than Swagger.

Did Ryback concuss Ziggler a few months back or was that someone else?

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Angular Landbury posted:

In January I think was it?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Angular Landbury posted:

I think Swagger gave Ziggler a concussion or at least a concussion scare at one point

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

Lawler already died. It didn't stop him!

I can't hate Lawler, sorry.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jack Swagger is loving boring, and the fact that he hurt Barrett has made me go from disliking him to straight up wishing he'd just go the gently caress away.

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
Jack Swagger is a swag jacker, he jacked BNB's swag. :argh:

And of course, keep Cameron off the microphone forever.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Ziggler injured himself because Ryback hit him with the safest looking clothesline ever and Dolph immediately decided to slam his head into the ground at full impact

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Amy Renee posted:

Jack Swagger is a swag jacker, he jacked BNB's swag. :argh:

And of course, keep Cameron off the microphone forever.

I liked how about two minutes in, Michael decided to tell her to shut up, and her face was like 'poo poo that's probably Vince telling him to say that'.

cameron sucks at everything.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I still vividly recall back when Lawler would yell puppies at everything back when ladies swimming in goop was a regular thing so I'll take his dad jokes and befuddled interjections for weeks.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Swagger gave Ziggler the concussion that blew his push

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

Ziggler injured himself because Ryback hit him with the safest looking clothesline ever and Dolph immediately decided to slam his head into the ground at full impact

I thought Ziggler`s major concussion was from getting booted in the head by Swagger, was this a separate concussion incident?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jack Swagger's just trying to get ahead in this new kayfabe world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Jack Swagger's just trying to get ahead in this new kayfabe world.

WWE: Klingon style. Murder the person on the roster rung above you to advance.

• Locked thread