Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
"Gentlemen, it appears that I must remind you of what we want."

Gordon turns to face the band of cutthroats, thugs, and pirates making up his team for this plan. The voyage was going smoothly, so there was time enough for this meeting.

"We are after wealth, and it will be much harder to get said wealth if we strike too early. So, we are not stealing a train, at least not yet. I have reached my contracts in China and we will be taking the Imperial Russian railway."

(e-mail:capt_melonhead@comcast.net)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Fuuuuuckkkkk, ok I'm back home, time to stat up the Bolshies and make tokens.....

Vladimir Ulyanov

Pl 3+, FV, 3+, SV 2+, Sp 0,
Leadership +2, Fanatic, SRC breastplate, Arc Pistol, Saber, Brick lane bottle
Cost:59

Lev Bronstein

Pl 4+, FV 2+, SV 2+, Sp 0
Leadership +1, Fanatic, Martial Artist, 20 points mystical powers (Path of the shadows, Strengthen), chain shirt, Brick lane bottle
Cost: 65

THE MIGHTY STALIN

Pl3+, FV +4, SV 1+, Sp 0
Terrifying, Berserker, Strongman, Machinegun, fighting knife, steel breastplate

Nadezhda Krupskaya

Pl 3+, FV +3, SV +1, Sp +2,
Stealthy, Fanatic, 8 points mystical powers (Clouding men's minds)
Fighting knife (poison), throwing knives, chain shirt

-----

Vlad and the gang will take the Russian Railway please. With nothing but a dream, some grenades, magical powers (of persuasion, tovarisch!) and Stalin's machine gun - "the five year mam"

edit: can tokens wait until tomorrow? email @ bc.cvav at gmail

lenoon fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 1, 2016

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

lenoon, can you get in touch?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Yes of course! Just still zipping around after new year, but well into this as from tomorrow!

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Cash: $57 Dollars :ninja: :signings:

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 2, 2016

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
The very fine assorted gentlebeings of the Exhibition would be happy to discuss matters of interest with any parties, especially those whose current interest lies in arriving at the area by some means other than accursed steam power. They may be contacted at SARevenantThreshold at Outlook.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
There was little question that some Goon thing would immediately get flocked with Russians/Commies if there was an option for it.

PS I'm on gmail at Patric64.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

The Saurus posted:

DrSnark just a heads up, your Marceau guy won't get all the benefits of the hunting rifle unless he has the hunter trait.

I am perfectly aware of that! Marceau bought the drat thing because it was shiny, expensive, and he was told it could kill a man in a single shot. It's not like he actually hunts. That's the hired help's job!

Speaking of which, my email is drsnarksa(at)gmail.

Will have more details on plans when images are added in.

Edit: Images are edited, plans later.

Dr. Snark fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 2, 2016

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Don't forget to add Barracuda into any emailing.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

The Saurus posted:

I don't think the train's going to Fort Mishkin, the line ends some way short of it.

There's a push cart that will get you there. The Russians have assured me that you can get to Mishkin.

For everyone giving each other money, please send me an email with the subject line "Money" telling me who you are giving me money and how much money you are giving them.

If you do not do this, I will not record the money changing hands. I've gotten like 50 emails and don;t have time to sort out everything.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 2, 2016

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Travellers, I see your plots and plans are progressing well.

Here are the active missions. If you have other missions you want to go on, let me know

• The Great Russian Train Robbery
  • Visit the Palyu Temple

Tell me what mission you are going on and what transport you are taking there.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Amitabha, it is no secret that we of the Sanskrit Sutra intend to visit Palyu temple. I'm sure that as humble knowledge seekers and fellow buddhists, we can expect a warm welcome from the Lamas.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I'm not actually sure if I have the time to do this all right, especially since you're moving fast. I'll pull out for now, but I might rejoin later.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
you have an extra 20 points to spend. 19*4 is 56 not 76 like you have in your post

vv Doi!

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jan 2, 2016

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
19*4=80-4=76

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Bacarruda posted:

Tell me what mission you are going on and what transport you are taking there.

Would you prefer this information publicly in the thread or privately via Email?

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Would you prefer this information publicly in the thread or privately via Email?

Do it publicly, please. Something like: "I will be buying an airship ticket to the Palyu Temple," would work just fine.

If you want to privately email me your plans and more detailed goals, go ahead and do it! It will make it much easier for me to figure out what rewards you'll get after the mission.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Karpechenko's Immortals will take part in The Great Russian Train Robbery mission via Imperial Russian Railway.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
The Exhibition will be purchasing that airship ticket to Palyu Temple. We are already working on ways to coax the Yak on board.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The Gentleman's Club have each purchased First-Class transportation on HM Himalayan Railway to Palyu Temple.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Lenin's Bolshie Brigade will be buying a ticket on the Russian Imperial Railway

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
The British Royal Society will be purchasing transit on H.M. Himalayan Railways to Palyu Temple.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The Seven Former Samurai will be riding on the Russian Imperial Railroad, one way... or another.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Gordon Dragis' Gang has bought tickets for Russian Imperial Railway

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Memorandum from the desk of Dr. Sir Digby Westman, M.B.E.

To: Lord-Professor Worthington, C.B.E.
Subject: RE: Equipment and Cargo Manifest

Dear Henry,

Attached is a copy of the equipment load out for the upcoming Himalayan expedition. You'll note that many of the items you requested are missing, as I opted not to take them. I have provided reasons for the biggest omissions in the following list:

1. H.M. Jubilee Walker: While I designed the walker, it is actually owned by the Army, and is not ready to be fielded. Further, the walker itself weighs 190 short tons unloaded, and is completely ill-suited for travel by airship or even travel by rail up sufficiently steep inclines. Lastly, it requires a clearance of 38' and so would have to be left behind at the entrance to the first tunnel or cave we came across. I wish you would take such matters into consideration before you make these requests.

2. Suborbital Radium Missiles: Notwithstanding some of the size issues I brought up in regards to the Jubilee Walker, these missiles have a minimum range of 550 miles, and are not especially accurate in any case. If we fired them from the base of the mountains we would be as likely to hit Shangri-La as anything else! Fancy that! Covering Shangri-La in radium! Is that your plan? I wouldn't be surprised if it were, with all your talk of poisons and such like, which brings me to...

3. Gas rockets, gas grenades, toxic bullets, and similar: While being of sensible weight for this journey, I have ommitted these devices on ethical grounds. Do you remember our expedition to Machu Picchu? Just as we first laid eyes on the great ruin you began to fling gas canisters in all directions! "Gas, gas, gas!" you said, and sure enough, you flung gas everywhere and everywhere there was gas. We had to bury more than a few members of the baggage train that day, and ever since I've been too frightened to go public with our discovery of the lost city lest some officials find the grave and hang us.

I have included your ridiculous combat attire complete with the steam pony and the plate mail. While it is heavy and silly-looking it will at least encourage your preoccupation with chivalry as I've noticed you never rant about poisonous gas and chivalry at the same time.

I have also included Master Tentacular, in the hopes that the thing freezes to death immediately upon leaving the train. We should have never taken it from the circus, just as the circus should have never taken it from...well...wherever.

Go easy on the arsenic tinctures. I will see you soon.

Dr. Sir Digby Westman, M.B.E.

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 2, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
At the behest of my colleagues, I formally announce Her Majesty's Technological Expeditionary Force as a faction. The founding members include The Gentleman's Club for Science and Technology, Expeditionary Clique and the British Royal Society, with accession talks ongoing elsewhere.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
The Iron Chancellor and the Electro-Squad will be pursuing several exciting new opportunities for investment at Ft. Mishkin, and as such, will be riding the Russian Imperial Railway.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

oh no

we're following the mistakes of last game and having a few battles with loads of people instead of smaller ones

cuz the Halcutta Brigands are on that Ruskie train too!

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

oh no

we're following the mistakes of last game and having a few battles with loads of people instead of smaller ones

cuz the Halcutta Brigands are on that Ruskie train too!

The more the merrier! :getin:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I'm confused, aren't some people taking a perfectly innocent passenger train and then a push cart onto Fort Mishkin to politely ask to see archives, while some others might defend or attack the armoured russkie train?

I don't think everyone sayin "I'm riding the Russian railway" means attacing the armoured train

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

The Saurus posted:

I'm confused, aren't some people taking a perfectly innocent passenger train and then a push cart onto Fort Mishkin to politely ask to see archives, while some others might defend or attack the armoured russkie train?

I don't think everyone sayin "I'm riding the Russian railway" means attacing the armoured train

I'd lay good money on the perfectly innocent passenger train being armoured.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

The Saurus posted:

What, you think there is enough track set up to support two simultaneous trains right now?

You could just keep your head down.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

The Saurus posted:

I fully understand your confusion. This will all be cleared up when this turn starts.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.

The Marceau Trading Commission will be enjoying a ride on the Russian Train.

Comfort and massive explosions; what's not to love?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Not sure why people are so reluctant to take the airship.

I'm sure Professor Witherspoon's and his Airship Line know what they're doing.

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 4, 2016

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

To confirm, here are the final lists of who is going on what mission:

The Great Russian Train Robbery
Lenin's Bolshie Brigade - Lenoon
The Seven Former Samurai - AtomikKrab
Professor Karpechenko's Immortals - my dad
The Marceau Trading Commission - Dr. Snark
Halcutta Brigands - Gamerofthegame
The Iron Chancellor and the Electro-Squad - sullat
Gordon Dragis' Gang - Grandalt

Visit the Palyu Temple
British Royal Society - Cathode Raymond (train)
Gentleman's Club - AJ_Impy (train)
The Order of the Sanskrit Sutra - The Saurus (train)
The Exhibition of a Bright Future - Revenant Threshold (airship)

Maps will be up shortly!

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 5, 2016

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Excellent. The time for the rest of the fun is soon.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

The rest of you at home should heat up a bag of popcorn for this; the behind-the-scenes antics means that this is going to be one hell of an opening act!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A minnor correction, the Immortals are mine, not AJ_Impy's.

my dad fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Nobody rode an airship to the train robbery?

Seems like a missed opportunity.

Anyway, I'm sure our interactions with the monks at Palyu will be peaceful and informative!

• Locked thread