Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Moridin920 posted:

smoke weed and buy USA defense industry stocks

excellent advice, Moridin. You're all right.

EVIL NOONER posted:

yea i didnt like the new ghostbusters eitehr

slay, queen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Paul Feig and Lena Dunham are roughly equivalent people in a lot of ways, yeah

That said I think if that movie had been made by basically anyone other than Paul Feig it could have been good

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

Emma Watson is super feminist, but her feminism doesn't come off as whiny bullshit because it's not 100% about how sad and tragic it is that people don't think she's pretty, and actually being pretty is probably a fairly large factor in that

I think the whiney bullshit affectation is entirely due to the fact that Lena is a rich spoiled NY millennial. OTOH, Emma is english and therefore we assume her to have some kind of authority and intelligence due to her accent.

That said....

Would.

DiHK fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 2, 2016

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
more like "would be that" if my life had gone terribly wrong somewhere. Which is especially hosed up because I always thought of my timeline as the "gently caress you, Strep Vote" timeline, but it turns out suffering builds character and now I'm nothing like Lena Dunham. The horror of seeing my own possible future in which I was spoiled and never learned a thing has suddenly struck me with a profound existential revelation.

I gotta sit down.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

loquacius posted:

Paul Feig and Lena Dunham are roughly equivalent people in a lot of ways, yeah

That said I think if that movie had been made by basically anyone other than Paul Feig it could have been good

i haven't watched it in a long time but i sometimes wonder if freaks and geeks was actually not as good as i remember or if it was just good in spite of paul feig

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

If Trump wins can we permaban Jastiger?

If Hillary wins can we do it anyway?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I liked the ask lena episode where an 11 year old had to tell her that it was inappropriate to be talking loudly about vaginas in a candy store and it was making her uncomfortable.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Why can't they both be good feminists regardless of their looks and background? It doesn't matter whether a Wizard is saying it or a sexy as hell Girls star, women should still be treated with respect.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Leah Dunham is essentially Sarah Silverman, except not funny or good looking.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

Why can't they both be good feminists regardless of their looks and background? It doesn't matter whether a Wizard is saying it or a sexy as hell Girls star, women should still be treated with respect.

i generally try to judge an argument based on its merit and not the speaker; in this case I've read the stuff Emma says and she sounds legit like a smart person. I'll admit I've read very littly of what Lena has said, (so I might just be biased a bit) and while she makes a decent point here or there she in general seems like kind of a lovely person (what with the rocks -> sister's vag) and seems like she creates problems just to then rant about them on social media

like dude she wore what was the weirdest borderline inappropriate outfit to some awards show (?) and then got mad when people would give her a weird look. Like, sorry Lena but that has nothing to do with the fact that you're a woman. When Matt + Trey wore dresses to the Oscars they got weird looks, too.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
So she's exactly like Sarah Silverman?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

i generally try to judge an argument based on its merit and not the speaker; in this case I've read the stuff Emma says and she sounds legit like a smart person. I'll admit I've read very littly of what Lena has said, (so I might just be biased a bit) and while she makes a decent point here or there she in general seems like kind of a lovely person (what with the rocks -> sister's vag) and seems like she creates problems just to then rant about them on social media

like dude she wore what was the weirdest borderline inappropriate outfit to some awards show (?) and then got mad when people would give her a weird look. Like, sorry Lena but that has nothing to do with the fact that you're a woman. When Matt + Trey wore dresses to the Oscars they got weird looks, too.

Well to be fair, when Matt and Trey did it it was more "haha look at those jokesters" but when Lena did it, much like itt, its "Oh um you're not OK looking like that".

I don't get the whole rocks in sisters vag hatefest. It was dumb and I don't think it means she's some kind of evil person. Wasn't she like..10 or something when that happened?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

I don't get the whole rocks in sisters vag hatefest. It was dumb and I don't think it means she's some kind of evil person. Wasn't she like..10 or something when that happened?

I think she was 7-10 yeah but I think what is pissing people off is that she keeps insisting it was totally fine and okay and her and her sister experimented with each other all the time and get over it.

Which is kind of some tacit approval of molestation really, which she gives herself a pass on for no real good reason. If she came out and was like 'yeah that was weird and kinda hosed up but my sister and I are good now and I'd like to just forget about it' then sure but no, she put it into her book like she was proud of it and then called people who questioned it anti-feminists.

Like idk man, it's hella strange for her to just say "yeah I was a weird 7 year old haha!" and then her sister just goes "heteronormative media/standards tell us what is bad and good but I think I should be allowed to determine whether it was fine or not and I don't care that it happened"... which OKAY that's somewhat valid but at the same time you're advocating for some pretty questionable stuff.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 2, 2016

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Didn't she also out her sister, I dunno lena just always comes across as a really bad person every time I hear about her or read anything she has to say.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
all the concern trolling about child rapists is really getting boring

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

why does she have books on the kitchen counter, what, did her millions of dollars apartment not come with any shelving? goo dway to ruin books u dumb biatch

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

reallivedinosaur posted:

all the concern trolling about child rapists is really getting boring

i have kinda been posting a lot about child rapists today yeah but in my defense there's a lot of prominent child rapists in the public eye in 2016

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
nobody gives a gently caress about child rapists if they're david bowie or jimmy page

i dont believe you are outraged about it at all

i think politicizing the issue is just a thin excuse to talk about children being raped. you're hosed up

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
you guys sure know a lot about lena dunham

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

reallivedinosaur posted:

nobody gives a gently caress about child rapists if they're david bowie or jimmy page

i think politicizing the issue is just a thin excuse to talk about children being raped. you're hosed up

idk im pretty upset for real that no matter which way I vote there's gonna be a child rapist in the white house

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

AugmentedVision posted:

her scent has permeated the fabric of pop culture

Moridin920 posted:

idk im pretty upset for real that no matter which way I vote there's gonna be a child rapist in the white house

That's a real interesting abyss, there, nice and deep... maybe gaze with me a while...

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
she molested her sister on multiple occasions, i feel like she should be a great republican, or maybe a great duggar (eat fresh)

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

AugmentedVision posted:

I wish I knew more tbh.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Bill looks pretty frail these days, how does he even rape?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I wonder how many rocks are in her sisters vagina RIGHT NOW. I bet it's not zero.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
So... Lena is certainly a troll. Does this make her a goon?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

DiHK posted:

So... Lena is certainly a troll. Does this make her a goon?

Probably.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
mods knew

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

there's a non-zero chance that one among us is lena dunham. is it me? is it you? is it (evil) nooner?

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

reallivedinosaur posted:

this does me deebly goncerned D:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
michael jackson never raped the kids he just slept with them in is bed after feeding them tylenol PM

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

Do it ironically posted:

michael jackson never raped the kids he just slept with them in is bed after feeding them tylenol PM

it's kind of like how i live rn. i sleep with myself after eating tylenol pm. am i raping me? do i take me to jail? do i request suicide of myself ?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Infidel Castro posted:

Leah Dunham is essentially Sarah Silverman, except not funny or good looking.

Sarah Silverman loved Bernie, and Lena Dunham hated him because he was running against Hillary Slay Queen Clinton

Otherwise I could see the comparison I guess

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I have laughed both with and at Sarah Silverman. I've only ever laughed at lena dumbfuck.

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
Seriously, is that the best she could do? Come on girl, anyone can make a stupid costume pun. You're supposed to be one of the 'elites', gifted, talented and rich as gently caress. You have a platform and you have an audience, what the gently caress are you waiting for? The craft service table? Why's it always food with you?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Zahgaegun posted:

Four cat ears, would not bang

a white feminist once again trivializes sexual assault against black pussies, quelle surprise

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

This is a pretty good costume tbh minus the disgusting body wearing it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

And if it were a fat man I would feel the same way. The costume would actually be better on an attractive human, male or female

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
......clever girl.

*eaten alive by lena dunham*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I nominate Jastiger for worst poster.

• Locked thread