Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.

I read it. ( tears dropping on the keyboard )
:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002
It kinda sucks. I don't post on the boards, but for lots of films, tv shows, and actors you can read interesting things on the boards. Usually whether it was canceled or renewed, why that happened, or things along those lines. It was a great way to find out a bit more about how other people viewed a piece of media as well.

Lots of times the takeaway is "drat people are stupid", like in this thread: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106856/board/nest/263334309?ref_=tt_bd_1

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 4, 2017

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

i didnt even know those existed but after reading the brendan fraser thing i'm sad to see them go

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Hahahahahahaha holy poo poo Brendan.

I guess we need to do a weekend web right now before this treasure disappears forever.

E:

http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000043/thread/265735066

a bone to pick fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 4, 2017

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I am going to miss the director of Transmorphers replying angrily to people who say he sucks: http://www.imdb.com/user/ur5264498/boards/

He's right, they are out of their minds, he did get Boxleitner.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

lmfao

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Re: ovscure old forums that are still active.
Once every 3 or 4 years i boot up a psOne emulator and binge on nostalgia for a week's worth of evenings. One of the games I like to reminisce with is Harvest Moon: Back to Nature.
A couple of years back i popped into the gamefaqs board for that game for some reason - probably to cheat at something. Anyway there's this one poster there called like... SkyThunder or something and this one guy has been posting in this one forum about this one particular game for i guess a solid 20 years now, if he's still posting these days.
I wonder what his life is like.

E: skyRender and he was still posting about a year ago it looks like. And he knows the game inside and out tight down to exact % for any given event in the game. Gotta admire that dedication. :cripes:

communism bitch fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 5, 2017

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Blockbuster Video will proudly accept any and all newcomers from IMDB.

drat, your master plan to revitalize Blockbuster Video was brilliant.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Oberleutnant posted:

Once every 3 or 4 years i boot up a psOne emulator and binge on nostalgia for a week's worth of evenings. One of the games I like to reminisce with is Harvest Moon: Back to Nature.
A couple of years back i popped into the gamefaqs board for that game for some reason - probably to cheat at something. Anyway there's this one poster there called like... SkyThunder or something and this one guy has been posting in this one forum about this one particular game for i guess a solid 20 years now, if he's still posting these days.

E: skyRender and he was still posting about a year ago it looks like. And he knows the game inside and out tight down to exact % for any given event in the game. Gotta admire that dedication. :cripes:
There's this sadsack who posted on a forum I used to frequent, and I didn't have to wonder what his life was like because he over shared all the time. His life was a mess back then, and was still a mess early last year. He'd been at it since 1999. The forum finally died sometime last year. Can't imagine what his life is going to be like without that particular output.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Harveygod posted:

My favorite trope: "Is ________ gay?" on the Breaking Bad forums.

Is Gale gay?
Is Gus gay?
Is Flynn gay?
Is the fly gay?
Is Lidia's humidifier gay?

1) He did visit Thailand, let's say heteroflexible.
2) Yes.
3) Maybe? We don't learn much about his love life. Probably not.
4) All flies are gay.
5) Stop trolling.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

EorayMel posted:

IMDB had message boards?

Saw them once ages ago. Still can't believe they exist.

Oberleutnant posted:

What's his opinion on Stardew Valley?

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Feb 5, 2017

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

At first I thought this meant the User Reviews on each movie page... had no idea they had message boards this whole time. But it sounds like I didn't miss much from what y'all are saying.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Mameluke posted:

1) He did visit Thailand, let's say heteroflexible.
2) Yes.
3) Maybe? We don't learn much about his love life. Probably not.
4) All flies are gay.
5) Stop trolling.

Yeah, those were all real threads.

Immediately after the third season finale of The Killing, something like 10-20% of its thread's titles were "What's in the box!", which I found funny.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Aging Millenial posted:

These dumb sluts wont suck my alpha cock! I guess feminism must be to blame.

now how will you get your alpha cock sucked

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
http://gizmodo.com/imdb-kills-its-message-boards-and-nothing-of-value-was-1791982678

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im going to wage a low level insurgency with the declared goal of an imdb forums restoration

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
drat, I just found the other two other people on the planet who thought Tapeheads was funny.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

The first time I learned IMDB even had message boards was when drama started up over a women claiming Jared Leto knocked her up and everyone was insinuating things about rape and drugs.

RIP imdb forums

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

It's so, so shameful that sites like Gizmodo are allowed to live on

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

EorayMel posted:

IMDB had message boards?

yes it was mostly filled with "hes gay??"

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Some of the "bad" posts are loving Shakespeare compared to Gizmodo. Some choice peices include a woman thought Schindler's List was good. She must be a Nazi sympathizer! There was also a person thought feeding bugs to a bird is OK? What a loving loon! gently caress you Gizmodo.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Some IMDB user posted:

This place is very therapeutic at times with understanding people and I'm sure it's helped many of us through some dark times.

KILL UR SELF

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

:same:

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
IMDB closing its forums is a mistake. :( It really sucks how the internet was, in some ways, better 15 years ago than it is now.

Why coudn't they keep it open? Its code has been updated in years and years. How hard could it possibly be to host it?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

IMDB forums: where cinephiles and pedophiles meet

There were some seriously creepy people on there, they should've nuked it from orbit years ago.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

luv 2 date boys posted:

can't wait til all the refugees come here

I'd have never come to Something Awful if they hadn't shut down the Yoplait Yoghurt forums back in 2012.

Shoutout to my Yoghis!!

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Ork of Fiction posted:

I'd have never come to Something Awful if they hadn't shut down the Yoplait Yoghurt forums back in 2012.

Shoutout to my Yoghis!!

#TeamStrawberry

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Alas poor Yoplait, I didn't know it at all.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Rambling Robot posted:

yes it was mostly filled with "hes gay??"

every actor had a thread just titled "GAY????????????"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Where will I read all my bat poo poo, poorly written flame war arguments with TV show conspiracy theorists now?? gently caress you, IMDB!

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Good, the internet was a mistake.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

Where will I read all my bat poo poo, poorly written flame war arguments with TV show conspiracy theorists now?? gently caress you, IMDB!

Just because it's beneath you, a goon, does not make this a good thing. Making reddit the only forum-like software anyone uses is a hosed up and bad thing

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

http://www.somethingawful.com/weekend-web/imdb-40-virgin/1/

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I hope IMDB itself shuts down because the ratings they use for Horror movies are wrong. It's loving dumb that I have to be suspicious of a movie with an 8/10, and a very solid awesome horror movie is usually like a 5 or 6/10.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

simply amazing

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
stay safe Trump ghost

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
shut everything down. everything.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Dave_Indeed posted:

I hope IMDB itself shuts down because the ratings they use for Horror movies are wrong. It's loving dumb that I have to be suspicious of a movie with an 8/10, and a very solid awesome horror movie is usually like a 5 or 6/10.

I've always wondered why this happens. Does the general public just hate horror movies??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
Seer of millions of years
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of