Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56uSDQECrRQ

except iowa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
Salt Lake City is better.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

unpleasantly turgid posted:

Salt Lake City is better.

At least SLC has great skiing, hiking, and scenery.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jastiger posted:

Its actually great because you can get all over court ave quickly and go from imported belgian ales to home cooked meals on a nice night in the town and not bust your budget.

i dunno about those imported belgian ales like stella artois and heineken, they're a little too rich for my blood

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nah man we have a p bad rear end bar called the red monk. Only serves belgian fare

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

the great deceiver posted:

nobody gives a gently caress about des moines

this is all that needs to be said honestly. close thread.

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007

Jastiger posted:

Nah man we have a p bad rear end bar called the red monk. Only serves belgian fare

I'm the badass combo dvd/CRT and also the ducting.
e: I'm also the $7 10oz genuine imported foreign European beer(in the bottle)
E2: I'm also one of the only two beers they have on tap

Lupin fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 8, 2017

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

the great deceiver posted:

nobody gives a gently caress about des moines

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I might give a gently caress about des moines but I have no idea where it is, never heard about it before, is it in America?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Lupin posted:

lol rekt

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I left Des Moines area for Denver, so according to that list I made a good choice. Next time I go visit my parents though I will make you buy me a beer.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
john cena chooses to live in the south

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Just lol if you go down to Court Ave to go to a bar that proves you don't know poo poo about Des Moines Jastiger.

All the bars there are too bright, too loud and too packed with young professional types paying six to eight bucks a pour so they can pretend they're "out on the town" because they are on literally the only street in the middle of the city that is busy past eleven on a Friday night.

There are establishments down town that are worth drinking at. None of them are on Court Ave for a reason. I only drink at townie bars and seedy dives because I'm not insufferable. Hell the best cocktail bar isn't even on Court Ave if you're the type who wants a $15 old fashioned made with Blanton's and unicorn blood.

fat bossy gerbil fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 8, 2017

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

One thing I liked about Des Moines was the grocery store Dahls. But it's been bought out by some chain called SuperCheapShit or something like that.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Welcome to my ignore list forums user Jastiger.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
lol how the gently caress is fayetteville on ththe list, especially at number 5? I moved to fayetteville from Minneapolis and the only ONLY good thing to say about it is that it is cheap. other than that it's a pretty lovely place to live.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Chlamyllionaire posted:

Welcome to my ignore list forums user Jastiger.

:eyepop:

epic forum ownage itt

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I'm just in no mood for any Iowawegian bullshit today

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

One thing I liked about Des Moines was the grocery store Dahls. But it's been bought out by some chain called SuperCheapShit or something like that.

Dahls was unfortunately run out of business by incompetent management who tried to compete by gambling it all and losing badly. They had built their name on being a home town local chain that offered exceptional customer service from long time employees and a quiet shopping experience despite being a little pricier than HyVee.

Rather than doubling down on better serving their existing (and quite loyal) customer base by renovating existing locations to then advertising like crazy to bring in new shoppers they spent every dime the company had to build several huge new stores in parts of the metro they had never operated in before. The new stores quickly failed because they didn't have the low prices or name recognition to compete with regional giant HyVee and it quickly bankrupt the company. They sold off the new buildings to Price Chopper but most of those didn't last for more than a few months either.

The worst part is that they offered retirement packages to their long time employees entirely in the form of company stock so when they closed down the people who had made a career with the company completely lost their retirement. I was shocked and sad when I came home after being gone five years to find the Dahls I had biked to as a kid to get donuts and soda was boarded up.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Dahls story is really sad, tbh. They hosed up.

As for The Red Monk, lol its not $7 for a bottle of beer. They have Chimay for like 3.50 and it owns, and thats just the most recognizable one. Its a belgian bar above a traditional english like pub. Its awesome.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fat bossy gerbil posted:

Just lol if you go down to Court Ave to go to a bar that proves you don't know poo poo about Des Moines Jastiger.

All the bars there are too bright, too loud and too packed with young professional types paying six to eight bucks a pour so they can pretend they're "out on the town" because they are on literally the only street in the middle of the city that is busy past eleven on a Friday night.

There are establishments down town that are worth drinking at. None of them are on Court Ave for a reason. I only drink at townie bars and seedy dives because I'm not insufferable. Hell the best cocktail bar isn't even on Court Ave if you're the type who wants a $15 old fashioned made with Blanton's and unicorn blood.

The Stuffed Olive begs to differ. Im srs about the :toxx:, ill take any bitch rear end itt out for a beer and blow. Your. Mi.....sconceptions of Des Moines away. Also that guy that ignored me just lol, mandatoey field trip to des moines for him imo.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jastiger posted:

ill take any bitch rear end itt out for a beer and blow.

i can't imagine how bad and stepped on coke in iowa must be

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Jastiger posted:

The Stuffed Olive begs to differ. Im srs about the :toxx:, ill take any bitch rear end itt out for a beer and blow. Your. Mi.....sconceptions of Des Moines away. Also that guy that ignored me just lol, mandatoey field trip to des moines for him imo.

You're so desperate to get people to hang out with you in your lovely little town that you'd suck their dick?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Nobody cares about the shithole known as Des Moines

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

quote:

The capital of this so-called flyover state may not top your to-visit list, but Des Moines is a great place to live and raise a family. Elegant Colonial and Tudor-style homes built in the early 1900s hide in quiet neighborhoods minutes from buzzy downtown, where lofts and condos draw the millennial crowd. Many families with kids flock to the suburbs where new housing developments continually pop up.

And there's plenty to do and see in Des Moines. Cultural events and festivals draw all ages to the downtown area. One-of-a-kind shops, locally owned restaurants and hip bars enliven entertainment districts. And plenty of bike trails and parks (and even a few lakes) provide opportunities for outdoor recreation.

The metro area of more than 600,000 has a small-town, know-your-neighbor feel to it. It's a place where you'll bump into people you know at the grocery store and get invited to backyard barbecues. Newcomers, take note: The people of Des Moines are some of the nicest you'll ever meet.

this would have very accurately described the Sacramento metro area about twenty or thirty years ago. all those "new housing developments in the suburbs popping up" have utterly ruined the area permanently though, its all just big-box-retail garbage strip malls and tract housing as far as the eye can see, and what non-mass-produced culture there is left gets overrun by an army of basic-rear end suburbanites every weekend, desperate for something more stimulating than Applebees, Kohls, and Elephant Bar.

what im saying is, jastiger's efforts to evangelize about his hometown will ultimately destroy it

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Lupin posted:

jesus christ its just a kegerator and a fridge

e: i mean its clearly someone who bought an old shithole dive bar that only served bud and bud lite, and is trying to make a go of serving craft beer, which is plucky and admirable, but goddamn ive known working class people whose spare-time-DIY-from-junkyard-refrigerators home bars were on this level of draft/bottle selection

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 9, 2017

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Lupin posted:

what a poo poo hole

I spent a weekend in des moines once years ago. I went with my then wife who was visiting a friend. I had to drink constantly to make it bearable.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OMGVBFLOL posted:

jesus christ its just a kegerator and a fridge

e: i mean its clearly someone who bought an old shithole dive bar that only served bud and bud lite, and is trying to make a go of serving craft beer, which is plucky and admirable, but goddamn ive known working class people whose spare-time-DIY-from-junkyard-refrigerators home bars were on this level of draft/bottle selection

You should come with me to that place. It is good with all the craft belgian beers. The best part is thats just the second floor of the english pub. Two bars in one!

Also most of the beer served there is in bottles because they dont have affordable belgian kegs.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Jastiger posted:

http://realestate.usnews.com/places/iowa/des-moines

Number 9 out of how many? A TOP TEN CITY nearly equal to mega cities like Boston, Seattle, and Colorado Springs. Short commutes, good jobs, high education, and a well built infrastructure make this city a POWER HOUSE when it comes to quality of life in America. All made affordable and accessible because this is a city that knows how to plan and manage itself. So, come on down, pull up a chair, have a nice Steak De Burgo and Exile Ruthie lager, and enjoy the culture in this Gem of a city. BEST IN THE MIDWEST! And no its alright, Jastiger will pay.

:toxx: Jastiger will buy a beer for any goon that comes to Des Moines to share in this bad rear end city.

are you seriously so obsesses about your lovely rear end state that you feel the need to post countless topics like this? your state is made up of corn and pig farms. loving disgusting

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jastiger posted:

Also most of the beer served there is in bottles because they dont have affordable belgian kegs.

that's probably the saddest thing posted so far

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Well Des Moines was the birthplace of noted pedophile Stephen Collins so that's another feather in its cap.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

accidentally posted this in the "south sucks" jastiger thread instead of this one:

you guys know that one atmosphere song where he raps about the midwest being nice in its own peaceful way, and that he has traveled all over but he loves minneapolis and never wants to live anywhere else

i feel like that's what jastiger is trying to do, and just crashing and burning every time because instead of just playing up why he likes it, he has to take it a step further and try to argue that it's objectively better and come on bro lmao its a square of corn and pigs with two small, nice, but forgettable mostly suburban cities

e: found it https://youtu.be/bV_E8SPc_jo

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Feb 9, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

why aren't the mods slapping asstiger with probations every time he posts one of the three threads he makes? new improved GBS my rear end

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The mods agree with Jastiger and endorse him for president.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
six empty quotes and i will smash jastigers face in with a pipe

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Smash it Smash hit posted:

six empty quotes and i will smash jastigers face in with a pipe

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL