Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Robokomodo posted:

Did they even say why all the mutants were dead?

Stereotypical badguy villan launches into a speech about how he put something in the food and water that eliminated mutation that stopped any new mutants from being born, so the regular ones died off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Robokomodo posted:

Did they even say why all the mutants were dead?
They left some clues in the stinger from the original Wolverine origin story.
full blown AIDS

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

shouldn't they wait until she's an adult to make her bones metal. that poo poo's not gonna grow and she's be all kinds of hosed up

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

shouldn't they wait until she's an adult to make her bones metal. that poo poo's not gonna grow and she's be all kinds of hosed up

if you consult issue number 34 of the side comic series between logan and tghe little girl you'd know that because of the ability to suck poo poo outta assholes she's dtmhb you stupid gently caress

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I'm gonna hold out till they remake this movie in 3 years staring zac effron

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

The Skeleton King posted:

I am amazed that Hugh Jackman's long term steroid abuse hasn't caused serious health problems for him so far.
Dude's been battling skin cancer for a bit now

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

movie makes no sense, if they covered X-23's entire body in metal how would she breathe or walk?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Neurosis posted:

The gamma radiation started rotting his brain and he became a hillbilly who fucks his cousin She hulk who has inbred kids.

I'm not joking.

This is the comic Old Man Logan not the movie.

that's Mark Millar all right.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Knight posted:

Dude's been battling skin cancer for a bit now

That's just naturally occurring in Australians.

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

Space Crabs posted:

Stereotypical badguy villan launches into a speech about how he put something in the food and water that eliminated mutation that stopped any new mutants from being born, so the regular ones died off.

Uhhh isn't stopping mutations from food and water actually a good thing?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Genderfluent posted:

Uhhh isn't stopping mutations from food and water actually a good thing?

Genocide generally isn't though.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm watching it in about an hour. Moderators (mods), please close thread until I am done and can weigh in on this topic. Spanks in advance (SIA)

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I scanned the thread and determined that only posters with Anime names like this movie, therefore it must be a pile

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Sheep-Goats posted:

I scanned the thread and determined that only posters with Anime names like this movie, therefore it must be a pile

:agreed:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
There was a big fat guy with suspenders with his buddy who had Jnco pants and a fedora on ahead of me in line. Unfortunately, i didn't wear my fedora today because it looked like it might rain.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

Kuato posted:

There was a big fat guy with suspenders with his buddy who had Jnco pants and a fedora on ahead of me in line. Unfortunately, i didn't wear my fedora today because it looked like it might rain.

and you wanted the Mods (Moderators) to close this thread. Keep us posted as you get behind them in line for snacks plz

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

It was ok, I guess. You should see Get Out instead if you havnt yet.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

TheSpamalope posted:

he related to the famous philosopher Who Jacksman

WHOM Jacksmen

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Space Crabs posted:

Well some of them died uh rather suddenly if you recall

Good film with humor, violence, cuss words and pathos

No anime dickgirls so that's why half of gibbis hates it

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
I'm gonna brooch the subject of seeing this movie tonight with the wife

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
Thought it was ok, maybe even good. Hope this exhaustive analysis of the film can help guide your future decision making.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Flesh Forge posted:

Ladies and gentleman, Mark Millar's writing.

Yeah... His Authority run was even worse. Actually I'd say that's the worst thing he's ever done, in no small part because of how poorly it sits with other Authority runs and Wildstorm in general.

Millar is still doing some good things though. Jupiter's Circle and Legacy have both been fun and have been violent without moving over into farce.

Also despite some of the eye rolling Millar moments Old Man Logan is a fun read

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 5, 2017

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I just saw it. It was pretty alright. The old man logan comic book sucked so I'm glad they just used the wolverine is old part but it sucks that r-rated logan was old logan. Should have just adapted a Madripoor story.

Don't know why marvel is hellbent on killing wolverine. :(

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 5, 2017

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
X-23 only exists in the comics so the fanboys won't feel guilty about being attracted to Wolverine.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Say Nothing posted:

X-23 only exists in the comics so the fanboys won't feel guilty about being attracted to Wolverine.

:eyepop:

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

Wolverine is cool.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

He put up a video of him deadlifting 180kg once. Pretty unimpressive in numbers though he looks extremely good. Henry Cavill did a bodybuilding routine with that figure. Jackman is a good actor and good Wolverine though and I fingered myself to him and Fassbender being onscreen together

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i posted it in the wrong thread but this film was good and sad and the bit at the end with laura changing the crucifix to an X sign :( weapon x or x-men doesn't matter i suppose

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Quick update:

Didn't see it. :shittydog:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kuato posted:

I lolled how JNCO brought back those huge pants.

Please let the 90s die

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

etalian posted:

I lolled how JNCO brought back those huge pants.

Please let the 90s die

In yhe 90s they wore them to be cool. Now they just wear them because theyre fat

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

They didn't do the whole skeleton, just the claws. Also one of her doctors is really lovely and rips out one of the claws in her hands and transplants it onto each of her feet. She has a pretty crappy childhood.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Flesh Forge posted:

They didn't do the whole skeleton, just the claws. Also one of her doctors is really lovely and rips out one of the claws in her hands and transplants it onto each of her feet. She has a pretty crappy childhood.

How would that be useful

Is she supposed to be the worlds best mountain climber or what

Also why wouldn't the claw just grow back

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
plus having wolverine claws sticking out of your feet would look really stupid. it would be like trying to walk around in swim fins, only if you bump into someone with them they die.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Coming home from it now, it's at least as good as Iron Man 1 or Spider-Man 2, not as entertaining as Deadpool. I'd say probably #5 top comic movies, but I really don't think it's fair to say it transcends the genre or anything. There is a very obvious 30 minute chunk that should have gotten cut to reduce run time down to 2 hours.

The girl is an ok-to-good actress, Patrick Stewart clearly was having a blast though.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
It was good, super raw, but good

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

How would that be useful

Is she supposed to be the worlds best mountain climber or what

Also why wouldn't the claw just grow back

Comic books ladies and gentlemen

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
This is an alright movie but I haven't seen the Wolverine that I'm a fan of on screen yet which is disappointing since I liked Hugh Jackman in the role.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Gaunab posted:

This is an alright movie but I haven't seen the Wolverine that I'm a fan of on screen yet which is disappointing since I liked Hugh Jackman in the role.

They really go out of their way to correct this towards the end

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

it was invredible and his latin murder daughter was the best part and the girl was a good actress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Superhero movies are inherently terrible, there will never, ever be a good superhero movie.

"Wow Logan was so good, it was like it wasn't even a Superhero movie!!! If only there were some other type of movie that weren't based on Superheroes...... hmm I cant think of any" - nerds

• Locked thread