Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

What Japanese woman has the T and A to play the Major?

Ok I don't think it's possible, this is why they shouldn't make live action anime! Anyway if you wanna have some fun gis big boob butt japanese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

More importantly she's been in movies befire and shes a terrible actor

She's playing a robot she doesn't need to do emotions just remember lines and look fine

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Anime bad.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

numberoneposter posted:

Her is the worst movie.

I liked Her

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Although I guess technically she's not a robot as she has a human brain hmm

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Toadvine posted:

I liked Her

The guys face is too punchable to watch

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Blue Train posted:

Although I guess technically she's not a robot as she has a human brain hmm

here's a helpful guide

human junk = cyborg

robot junk = robot

so as you can see she is clearly a robot

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

here's a helpful guide

human junk = cyborg

robot junk = robot

so as you can see she is clearly a robot

No junk?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Say Nothing posted:

An explanation...

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

rear end/tits too small, too white to play Japanese titty robot? Eh it's fine start filiming

i was thinking more her facial structure

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Blue Train posted:

Joaquin Phoenix is a dreamboat though?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

thats an extremely key element of the movie

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

i was thinking more her facial structure

oh, yea no its wrong

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Spoilers for a 20 year old anime At the end of the original cartoon movie, her body gets destroyed. The dude with Little Orphan Annie eyes replaces it with a robot body shaped like a 10 year old girl. In the comics, the replacement is still an adult buxom lady...with a penis.

Shirow is a really good writer, able to make awesome action, robots, and political intrigue, but man is it sometimes rough to enjoy with all his sex fantasies having to be peppered all through it.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

oh man a super hot lady with a dick this is so rugged to enjoy

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Choco1980 posted:

Spoilers for a 20 year old anime At the end of the original cartoon movie, her body gets destroyed. The dude with Little Orphan Annie eyes replaces it with a robot body shaped like a 10 year old girl. In the comics, the replacement is still an adult buxom lady...with a penis.

Shirow is a really good writer, able to make awesome action, robots, and political intrigue, but man is it sometimes rough to enjoy with all his sex fantasies having to be peppered all through it.

Shirow said he made her a lesbian so he wouldn't have to draw men's asses or cocks. Got to respect a man who knows what he likes.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Blue Train posted:

Ok I don't think it's possible, this is why they shouldn't make live action anime! Anyway if you wanna have some fun gis big boob butt japanese

Nah. "Plump Asians" gleans me the same results.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Manic Mailman posted:

OP you are just overthinking it, ghost in the shell never had a deep meaning, it was just an excuse to draw robot tits and then make the robot tits into a school girl at the end. So if ScarJo in a Japanese schoolgirl uniform is your thing.....

it's CSI: Robot Murder edition and it's a vehicle for cool cyberpunk guns, robots, and buildings that uses T&A and international politics to have an excuse to look at lots of drawings of cool cyberpunk guns robots and buildings. thats ghost in the shell

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Choco1980 posted:

if you think about it, this is what all art is

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
would you have sex with scarlett johanson?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SHISHKABOB posted:

if you think about it, this is what all art is

Jackson Pollock?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Gaunab posted:

No, 2d only

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

No, 2d only

When she appears on a screen in a movie, she is in fact being presented in two dimensions.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

SHISHKABOB posted:

When she appears on a screen in a movie, she is in fact being presented in two dimensions.

Selecting the conversation from three choices is required tho

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gaunab posted:

With her robo penis or without? Please be specific!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Didn't some reporters go to japan and ask random people walking around about the whole white actress for asian character thing and general consensus was "who cares it's a movie based on a cartoon".

This seems like a thing mostly white people are tripping over themselves in a 'who can be more progressive' contest than an actual issue.

numberoneposter posted:

thanks saved me ten bucks :)

now do logan its playing but im over budget this week already

Logan was very good and you should watch it. Woulda worked just fine as a non superhero film I really hope directors for these sorts of franchises keep going in this sort of direction.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Everyone knows Japan is one of the most racist countries in existence so their opinion is invalid

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArbitraryC posted:

Didn't some reporters go to japan and ask random people walking around about the whole white actress for asian character thing and general consensus was "who cares it's a movie based on a cartoon".

That's because cartoons are for children

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

That's basically nerd culture of all stripes. Ugh this is disgusting pedo wank fuel but apparently no one else can provide this very specific kind of robot espionage novel so they roll with it.

Just look at the TBB fantasy thread - 'oh well the rape is a turn off but on the other hand no one else does sentient battle tanks like this guy!'

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

More importantly she's been in movies befire and shes a terrible actor

Thanks for your input guy who was never watched a movie not made by Marvel

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

sentient rape tanks

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Crane Fist posted:

Thanks for your input guy who was never watched a movie not made by Marvel

Pretty sure he was talking about Sasha Grey, although the only actual movie I know of with her in it is The Girlfriend Experience.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

i expect this film to be bad as hell on its own merits, without worrying about how ~problematic~ it is.

it is based on a anime, so you know, poison seed poison fruit

problematic lol

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

me typing up a good post:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Animé is very off putting to most people. The way the art style always looks the same. The nonsensical plots that put style over substance. The bizarre character designs that always seem to feature crazy alien hair. The other weird things where people transform into babies are gush blood out their noses. The up skirt shots of preteen girls. Did I mention how bad the art looks? Oh and the choppy low frame rate of the animation.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Also giant robots are really dumb

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the only good episode of Ghost in the Shell was one year when Adult Swim pulled an april fools prank and overlaid fart noises over it.

Nerds lost their poo poo because it was the new episode they had been waiting for, but it was covered up in fart noises.

I thought it was funny because the little cripple girl sounded like she propelled her wheelchair with farts.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just had an idea: They should put nipples on the outside of the suit and explain why its important in some part of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG3UhUFbabU

• Locked thread