Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Plenty O Lentils! posted:

i started throwing change at people's windshields who do this after i finally drive past them. change or trash or empty water bottles or whatever if i don't have any change, but i prefer the change because it has the potential to crack/chip the windshield. and once i threw a 1/3 full tropical smoothie cup into someone's open widow for doing this.

I didn't think anything in this thread was going to top crying about zipper mergers but here we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
We should all just calm down, be more contemplative, and less quick to judge others.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

COMRADES posted:

But yeah trolley problem is interesting to think about.

In future versions of this thread, it'll be people who've chosen self-driving cars with benevolent AI getting mad at the people in cars programmed with selfish bastard AI.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

drowned in pussy juice posted:

I didn't think anything in this thread was going to top crying about zipper mergers but here we are

My favorite thing about the "passing lane" enthusiasts is their simultaneous use of the law as a cudgel while flagrantly ignoring it and putting others at risk. Well, that and them being rage-addled chimps.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

What IS the deal with traffic?

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

new phone who dis posted:

My favorite thing about the "passing lane" enthusiasts is their simultaneous use of the law as a cudgel while flagrantly ignoring it and putting others at risk. Well, that and them being rage-addled chimps.

Isn't that what you're doing... except... you started it?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Anyone driving a red car on the road, on a Thursday, is a FUCKWIT and I will NOT stand for it

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Dave_Indeed posted:

Isn't that what you're doing... except... you started it?

I'm just driving down the road at a reasonable speed, man.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
frankly i think the most pressing concern regarding self driving cars is whether ghostriding will still be possible? is it really still ghostriding if there's zero statistical chance of accidentally rolling into a grocery store or something?

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos
lol @ dude arbitrarily deciding what is/isn't a "reasonable speed" when he already admits to ignoring the speed limit and blocking the passing lane. what an idiot fucker.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
I have a nice car that was actually designed to handle 70-80(and up) and gently caress you if I'm gonna crawl my way through a 2hr drive through nowhere.

That said, I pick the furthest lane over, minimize lane changes, use signals, and match traffic if there's someone ahead. I also don't drive fast in a shitbox only designed for someone to putter to work in everyday.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Is this thread a copy paste of the weekly askreddit thread where people complain about being inconvenienced

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
wait what is this dispute over the passing lane? whether it's a dick move to just drive in the left lane indefinitely? cause yeah it is

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

this is the only thing that upsets me while driving. if you know that the left lane is for passing slower traffic and even bitch about "slowpoke idiots," then why can't you just loving move over for five seconds and let people by? you're already admitting that you also drive over the speed limit, so why does it matter just how fast they are going? if they're going faster than you just move over. you seriously must be pretty stupid if you're going to complain about someone that "drive[s] like a maniac" but also force them to "slalom around" on a two-lane highway. i mean it's either that or you know that it's stupid and you're just the biggest piece of poo poo in the thread.

like i said i don't really get upset about anything else that happens in traffic but I have an hour-and-a-half commute each way on a two-lane highway with a speed limit of around 80 and this really gets on my nerves. it's basically the only thing someone can do that will legitimately hold up traffic; you'll have self-righteous assholes like this blocking the left lane so that nobody can go and a line of cars will accumulate over ten deep but they still don't care. i started throwing change at people's windshields who do this after i finally drive past them. change or trash or empty water bottles or whatever if i don't have any change, but i prefer the change because it has the potential to crack/chip the windshield. and once i threw a 1/3 full tropical smoothie cup into someone's open widow for doing this.

wow u are a piece of poo poo

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
ohhh okay so its about whether throwing smoothies into moving cars makes you a psycho lol yup sure does

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I like to think I am a kind compassionate person most of the time, but when I get stuck in traffic because someone crashed their car, there can be no extenuating circumstances, no excuses, no mercy. I hope you died in that crash because otherwise your ultimate punishment will be a fate worse than death.

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos
lol so yeah i have anger issues and instigate things with strangers all the time. big loving deal. i'm not deluding myself about anything tho; pretty sure this thread is about people holding up traffic and dude who thinks that for some reason nobody else but him deserves to pass people in the left lane is wrong and a dumb-dumb. i mean come on, he's purposely blocking the only two lanes of traffic. this thread is literally about idiots holding up traffic.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Actually this thread is about people with severe personality disorders like you and me (I threw a padlock at a guys car once in a manic rage so I feel u but at least admit you are a poorly adjusted person with serious brain problems and you shouldn't drive if you can help it)

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Like if there's one thing I learned from that it's that if you have serious anger issues maybe you shouldn't pilot a few tons of metal at 100kph and it's funny to me when people consider this a contentious take

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You guys throw things that are either actual money or expensive. The only things I have thrown at other cars is gum and one time a big gulp at the back of some dudes car that was sitting at the entrance of a round about on his phone.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If there is someone coming up fast behind you in the fast lanes just let them by.

If people keep coming up fast behind you and going around and you still won't get over to the right then you're a dumbass who is causing traffic. According to the DMV one of the biggest reasons for accidents is people driving too slowly and when everyone has to go around and it disrupts the normal flow of traffic, that's you.

\/\/\/ and yeah throwing stuff at someone's car sounds like a real good way to get shot

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
all you people who are throwing poo poo at people's cars, do you live in the USA? aren't you just a little bit worried that the next time you pull that poo poo, you're gonna eat a bullet? no shortage of angry people with guns here.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I used to drive to work every single day on the highway and a 2 car accident would make me at least 40 minutes late to wherever I was going.

Whenever I drove past the crash site I would always be disappointed when I saw that the idiot drivers were just standing there unhurt.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Whenever people drive too slowly in the passing lane (and it's their fault and not the fault of people in front of them) I ride their rear end, lower my windows, and blast my loudest and most obnoxious techno music. It works surprisingly often!

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

lol so yeah i have anger issues and instigate things with strangers all the time. big loving deal. i'm not deluding myself about anything tho; pretty sure this thread is about people holding up traffic and dude who thinks that for some reason nobody else but him deserves to pass people in the left lane is wrong and a dumb-dumb. i mean come on, he's purposely blocking the only two lanes of traffic. this thread is literally about idiots holding up traffic.

Gonna keep doing it while you impotently chew on your steering wheel you simpering bonobo.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite is in Houston they shut down 4 lanes of the 10 lane highway by blocking all the lanes off with multiple fire trucks for a minor fender bender while all the cars are still drivable.

When you drive by all the cock sucking firemen are standing around laughing at everyone stuck in traffic.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

When you drive by all the cock sucking firemen are standing around laughing at everyone stuck in traffic.

Wouldn't you?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mirthless posted:

storm starts to clear up just as I get to my exit. A mile up the road, it's not even raining anymore, and a three car pileup happens right in front of me

This is like the space-time version of word salad

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

If you're going 20 over you've crossed the line into reckless driving and I'm not leaving the lane to join the slowpoke idiots so you can continue your mania. Bonus points for being the type of crazy fucker who throws things at people when you don't get your way.

Holy poo poo , you are unbelievably dense and must have the smallest penis on he planet

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

lol Red States

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Have Blue posted:

I have a nice car that was actually designed to handle 70-80(and up) and gently caress you if I'm gonna crawl my way through a 2hr drive through nowhere.

That said, I pick the furthest lane over, minimize lane changes, use signals, and match traffic if there's someone ahead. I also don't drive fast in a shitbox only designed for someone to putter to work in everyday.

I'm sure you are very proud of your red camaro, but a 1990 honda civic is designed to handle 70mph. How nice you think a car is has no impact on whether it can go a whole 10mph over the speed limit.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

If you're going 20 over you've crossed the line into reckless driving and I'm not leaving the lane to join the slowpoke idiots so you can continue your mania. Bonus points for being the type of crazy fucker who throws things at people when you don't get your way.

I dunno if you're just trolling the thread here but on the offchance you aren't it's actually more dangerous to pull stunts like you're doing than it is for someone to speed. In washington the past few yers cops have actually made an effort to start ticketing people inappropriately using the left lane.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SBJ posted:

I used to drive to work every single day on the highway and a 2 car accident would make me at least 40 minutes late to wherever I was going.

Whenever I drove past the crash site I would always be disappointed when I saw that the idiot drivers were just standing there unhurt.

Try screaming "oval office!" over and over at them while giving them the finger.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

COMRADES posted:

I can't wait until robots are doing all the driving.

Can you believe the insanity future generations will think when they found out that not only were we driving our own cars for 100+ years but god SUPER MAD about it.

Dredging up hundreds of thousands of angry posts about medieval invasions

Driving is frustrating cause it is not only menial but doesn't require that much attention but every idiot you run into is operating at the lowest possible level. Which is not only true figuratively but probably literally too

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
What's the distinction between someone driving recklessly who is an insane ape and an ally of the road that you journey with together

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Can you believe the insanity future generations will think when they found out that not only were we driving our own cars for 100+ years but god SUPER MAD about it.

Dredging up hundreds of thousands of angry posts about medieval invasions

Driving is frustrating cause it is not only menial but doesn't require that much attention but every idiot you run into is operating at the lowest possible level. Which is not only true figuratively but probably literally too

Check it out though.

Insurance companies, politicians, car manufacturers are not going to let it happen for at least 10 generations from now.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

What's the distinction between someone driving recklessly who is an insane ape and an ally of the road that you journey with together

It's the polite wave that separates them, also try blowing kisses instead of giving the wave and you might make a new sexual partner on the road

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If this happened more often maybe cyclists would have more respect for the law.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I 100% believe public transit should be good and reliable. it should encourage people to not drive because everyone driving uses a lot of resources.

I moved to Columbus OH. major city with no rail system. apparently everytime a large company comes on and positions itself in an area, they choose to make alterations to the highway rather than build low income housing nearby.

Ive asked several people, admittedly higher class and they said the association of public transit and poors makes it unappealing both for personal use and for whoever dumps money here.

Ur all turds Ohioans. and also undereducated. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

I 100% believe public transit should be good and reliable. it should encourage people to not drive because everyone driving uses a lot of resources.

I moved to Columbus OH. major city with no rail system. apparently everytime a large company comes on and positions itself in an area, they choose to make alterations to the highway rather than build low income housing nearby.

Ive asked several people, admittedly higher class and they said the association of public transit and poors makes it unappealing both for personal use and for whoever dumps money here.

Ur all turds Ohioans. and also undereducated. :colbert:

I'm literally talking about 270 and 161 this morning in Columbus, OH ITT.

• Locked thread