Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like this might help permanently impoverish the ding dongs that weave in and out of traffic trying to make up the 3 minutes they spent wacking off in the shower this morning. Or merging back into traffic from a lane that ends in 10 feet (at 90mph) trying to cut off ~10 people for a gain of ~5 seconds off your commute. Whatever this jagweed did this morning, I don't know. They hosed up and should die in prison either way.

ITT it's not enough to me that you car is all hosed up. You should go to jail and have your life ruined for making the whole city donate an hour of their time to account for your poor merging skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
disagree

life without parole is only fair

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

they shoulda dragged the guy through the streets then cut off his dick and burned it in front of him then hang him for a just enough time that he doesnt die before spilling his guts out and finishing by tearing his body apart into 4 pieces.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Womyn Capote posted:

they shoulda dragged the guy through the streets then cut off his dick and burned it in front of him then hang him for a just enough time that he doesnt die before spilling his guts out and finishing by tearing his body apart into 4 pieces.

Yeah, I was 20 minutes late to work. I don't DO anything for like 2 or 3 hours into my shift when all the students arrive and break their god drat computers but still this fucker should die.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
They should just make him a DnD mod.

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

Rush Hour is what I call my noon ritual of beershits and phoneposting, OP. Maybe you should make a change and start working from home too :cheers:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
We should get back into throwing rotten vegetables during perp walks

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
just merge at the merge point like a zipper and no one should be upset about cutting from lanes ending.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
merging early is for people who want to delay everyone and piss the people behind them off

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
tire necklacing for anyone who cuts in line for the onramp

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
hello i also have strong opinions on traffic and theyre different to whatever yours are, you fucker

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

scott zoloft posted:

merging early is for people who want to delay everyone and piss the people behind them off

No that's smart and good and how it should work. Merging immediately or even driving over the solid lines before the actual spot you're supposed to merge at just slows everyone down.

The highway I take into the city has three lanes. The left lane ultimately splits from the main highway which goes from 3 to 2 lanes at that point. These guys jet down that left lane and try to cut people off from the off ramp.

Edit: I meant to say merging immediately is dumb, using the actual 100-200 yards specifically there to help you find a spot to merge into is smart.

Dave_Indeed fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 5, 2017

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hammerite posted:

hello i also have strong opinions on traffic and theyre different to whatever yours are, you fucker

I'm going to staple your balls to the back of your drat head and roll you down a hill you little bitch.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

scott zoloft posted:

It's not. It's because you don't trust that when you get to the merge point, the assholes in the lane you're merging into won't scooch their car right up to the bumper of the car in front of them and give you an angry glare as you sit there unable to merge in.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
OP I agree, when you think about how many person-hours of productivity are lost, the basic rules of Capitalism demand a blood sacrifice

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Dave_Indeed posted:

I'm going to staple your balls to the back of your drat head and roll you down a hill you little bitch.

youre going to sit there in your car fantasising and fuming while i do whatever it is you don't like people doing with their cars!!!

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

cda posted:

It's not. It's because you don't trust that when you get to the merge point, the assholes in the lane you're merging into won't scooch their car right up to the bumper of the car in front of them and give you an angry glare as you sit there unable to merge in.

ya i agree. merging early is a boypussy thing to do that delays everyone already in the lane and saves time for everyone else zippering at the merge point.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the government should confiscate all private automobiles

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
we had a hail storm at rush hour yesterday and there was bumper to bumper traffic on the expressway and 0 visibility, could see maybe five feet in front of me. Didn't pass a single accident on the expressway, storm starts to clear up just as I get to my exit. A mile up the road, it's not even raining anymore, and a three car pileup happens right in front of me because a bunch of idiots in a hurry couldn't handle driving on a slightly damp road

we should just replace traffic cops with judge dredd imo

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

I'm using the Atlanta​ bridge collapse as an excuse to leave work early and arrive late every day until it's repaired.

Y'all all need to learn how to turn lemons into lemonade.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

I wish GA cops would take a break from constantly pulling over every vaguely looking Hispanic person to police the major bottlenecks where peeps tend to illegally merge at the last second.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Just yell at them as you drive by the wreckage

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
My arm is now in a sling from too much :argh: while driving

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Public executions with a guillotine are the only thing that would act as a deterrent. This is true of almost everything--shoplifting, speeding, stealing free wi-fi, jaywalking, rape, murder, etc.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Lots of people either threaten to jump or actually jump off the Coronado bridge and it has deadened my sympathy for them due to the traffic nightmares they create. Take a bath with your toaster at home you inconsiderate bastards.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

new phone who dis posted:

Lots of people either threaten to jump or actually jump off the Coronado bridge and it has deadened my sympathy for them due to the traffic nightmares they create. Take a bath with your toaster at home you inconsiderate bastards.

when they show Groundhog Day on the tv here they show bill murray taking the toaster upstairs and then don't show the bit where the lights dim in the restaurant accompanied by an electrical sound effect, and it turns him taking the toaster into a non sequitur and it makes me laff. like he is just an rear end in a top hat who is having toast in his room, no toast for anyone else

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

new phone who dis posted:

I feel like we have so many god drat humans now that we can relax a little bit on the preciousness of every single life. Some humans actually stink like poo poo and are themselves assholes.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
tbf if I was an immortal who could do whatever he wanted without consequences I would probably just eat toast in my room too

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Dave_Indeed posted:

I feel like this might help permanently impoverish the ding dongs that weave in and out of traffic trying to make up the 3 minutes they spent wacking off in the shower this morning. Or merging back into traffic from a lane that ends in 10 feet (at 90mph) trying to cut off ~10 people for a gain of ~5 seconds off your commute. Whatever this jagweed did this morning, I don't know. They hosed up and should die in prison either way.

ITT it's not enough to me that you car is all hosed up. You should go to jail and have your life ruined for making the whole city donate an hour of their time to account for your poor merging skills.

zipper merging is the most efficient. but ya.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing, friend.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I drive 5 under the limit during rush hour.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Yep, you should go to jail if you do that.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Colonel Cancer posted:

I drive 5 under the limit during rush hour.

I drive 50 mph under the limit during rush hour because some stupid rear end in a top hat crashed their car.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Neutrino posted:

Yep, you should go to jail if you do that.

This good Samaritan was just clearing the road for other motorists.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

XMNN posted:

disagree

life without parole is only fair

Should they also be r..rr..r....r...raped?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Merging early warrants the death penalty imo

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

When that krispy kreme light come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

fruit on the bottom posted:

Merging early warrants the death penalty imo

The highway I use going home goes from 3 lanes to 2 lanes right before the rich rear end in a top hat town I have to drive by to get to the boonies. People start getting over literally about 1/1.5 miles before the 3rd (left) lane ends, so the right two lanes are stop and go and the 3rd left lane until it ends is totally open so you can just go around like 400 people... except people get so pissed off about that they will literally get in that 3rd left lane and go the same speed as the stop and go traffic for the mile or so until it ends like they are traffic safety heroes.

Those babies should get the death penalty.

• Locked thread