Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Imagine being a japanese person

just imagine it

*shudder*

[edit] this is NOT racism, i just dont like japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

I thought the boob grabbing and plot holes were stupid but I still liked this anime a lot.

I also think the other anime made by the same dude incl. 5 Centimeters per Second are super good.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Anime is a disease.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

uber_stoat posted:

sometimes anime... is good?

but there will never be another good anime cuz the guy who made it died. rip anime.

The guy who wrote the book of that movie advocated going over to Korea and bukkake'ing the comfort women memorial statue girl :lol:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

but there will never be another good anime cuz the guy who made it died. rip anime.

That movie ducks. Watch the trailer and you've seen all the cool bits

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

That movie ducks. Watch the trailer and you've seen all the cool bits

You won't see a fat autistic robot and a giant naked old dude, though!

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

You won't see a fat autistic robot and a giant naked old dude, though!

Turn your monitor on...

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Schweinhund posted:

I'm not 6 so I don't watch cartoons.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Psycho Society posted:

Turn your monitor on...

But I'm phoneposting :smug:

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
they should make an anime about pizzas switching bodies with cheeseburgers and then when they finally meet they form a cheeseburger pizza and then i eat it/them

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

they should make an anime where the animators throw it right in the trash after making it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

they should make an anime where the animators throw it right in the trash after making it

Oh, you are a Rick and Morty fan too?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

uber_stoat posted:

Paprika is good but Tokyo Godfathers is substantially better.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Teikanmi posted:

The guy who wrote the book of that movie advocated going over to Korea and bukkake'ing the comfort women memorial statue girl :lol:

lmao nice to see Korea built a statue to remember the last time their women got hosed by dicks above 4"

ltugo
Aug 10, 2004

If there was a grading scale for torture I would give sleep deprivation and waterboarding a C-.
I liked it, but then again so did my daughter and she's 11.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

everyone shat themselves over this film but it totally blows. ohhh anime-kun we swapped bodies and we're going to high school uguuu get the gently caress outta here.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I SHOULD KNOW because I am a highly esteemed animator- just ask anyone.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

song of the sea is a cool and good cartoon to watch with your children, for example. watch that instead.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Colonel Cancer posted:

Oh, you are a Rick and Morty fan too?

yes i care deeply about cartoons

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Schweinhund posted:

I'm not 6 so I don't watch cartoons.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

cuz the guy who made it died. rip anime.

Wow, how did I not know this? Rip anime indeed.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Creamed Cormp posted:

lmao nice to see Korea built a statue to remember the last time their women got hosed by dicks above 4"

:eyepop:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

...crossed with Amelie. And fortunately, there is not Mabel in this film.

an anime thats some disney channel cartoon crossed with the most obnoxiously twee french movie of all time? def gonna watch this...

NOT :grin:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bitmap posted:

everyone shat themselves over this film but it totally blows. ohhh anime-kun we swapped bodies and we're going to high school uguuu get the gently caress outta here.

I normally don't mind if people enjoy films that I don't, for example the animation thread right now is talking about Balto, which is a pretty bad film, but I've never been so shocked by how bad a film was before. Seriously, just everyone it felt like said that this was good, and it wasn't even average, it was really really bad

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Ehhhhhhhh?!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Related: 5 Centimeters per Second is a delusional fantasy scenario for emotionally stunted anime drinkers.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

you can drink anime? does that mean i can inject it straight into my veins

ltugo
Aug 10, 2004

If there was a grading scale for torture I would give sleep deprivation and waterboarding a C-.

Pick posted:

I normally don't mind if people enjoy films that I don't, for example the animation thread right now is talking about Balto, which is a pretty bad film, but I've never been so shocked by how bad a film was before. Seriously, just everyone it felt like said that this was good, and it wasn't even average, it was really really bad

I think you might be stuck in those awkward, cynical years between teenage naivete and middle-aged nostalgia. Check back ten or twenty years and you might like the movie better.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

you can drink anime? does that mean i can inject it straight into my veins

You want to reduce it first to a thick, viscous base called OVA if you want to inject it.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005
I remember hearing about it last summer, found no way to watch it, forgot about it.

ps. If you want your god drat thing to be popular, try making it available for people to watch it somehow, instead of showing it once, getting perfect reviews, then never show it again, anywhere.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Spidder posted:

I remember hearing about it last summer, found no way to watch it, forgot about it.

ps. If you want your god drat thing to be popular, try making it available for people to watch it somehow, instead of showing it once, getting perfect reviews, then never show it again, anywhere.

It's in theaters right now and has been for the last 3 weeks or so.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Waltzing Along posted:

Go ahead and talk about how much anime sucks.

ok

*inhales sharply*

*dies suddenly*

ltugo
Aug 10, 2004

It's in 123 theaters nationwide so good luck finding one. It was never in more than 300 or so.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Pick posted:

Your Name is anime La La Land. A terrible film that press tricked everyone into thinking was worth good. Baffling stuff.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
check this one out:

aniGAY

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

also, "eeeeeeeeh?" boy gets a date by helping a coworker has been... harassed! all the other coworkers, who are men, are upset and go "eeeeeeeeeeeh?" when they find out he got a date, because they wanted to bang her instead. "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh???"

p¡ck

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I have a pretty uncommon name so it doesn't get brought up much in conversation. It's slightly jarring whenever there's more than one person with my name in a room because it can be hard at first to figure out who they are talking to.

frogge fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 2, 2017

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Did the take out all the Japanese music and replace it with nu-metal like they used to do?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bitmap posted:

Your Name is anime La La Land. A terrible film that press tricked everyone into thinking was worth good. Baffling stuff.

People flip their poo poo at like 30 seconds where it is animated like a more interesting independent animation that would have been funded by the national film Board of Canada in the early 80s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Gaunab posted:

Did the take out all the Japanese music and replace it with nu-metal like they used to do?

Same base songs, just sung by what I believe is an Irishman.

• Locked thread