Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
The only good sports are hockey, MMA, and Canadian football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Christ I am so hard right now.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I often wish that someone would shoot me when I'm forced to go to a baseball game. So are these congressmen really victims or are they the luckiest men on Earth?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

If this guy was on medicaid he should just claim that he was acting in self defense.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Not sure what was going on with security when the guy apparently walked right up to a congressman and asked their political affiliation before walking over to the other congressmen and starting to shoot.

That's because this probably didn't happen.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Take your terrorist to the game day

Shooter had a .357 average

.223 more likely.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Who What Now posted:

I often wish that someone would shoot me when I'm forced to go to a baseball game. So are these congressmen really victims or are they the luckiest men on Earth?

When you go to a baseball game, pretty much the only excitement is whether you're going to catch a fly ball, so I'd say Scalise is probably pretty happy right now. He should have the shooter sign the bullets.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
if you are going to try to rampage on our poo poo rear end politicians get some range time in first smdh

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Can we all agree at least that baseball sucks

theres no common ground with you whatsoever.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/alexandraerin/status/874994309556310016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I am for gun control unless the guns are being used to shoot people I disagree with.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
I really like baseball and think it is the best and most American sport.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

big nipples big life posted:

I am for gun control unless the guns are being used to shoot people I disagree with.

I think guns should be registered and gun owners should get proper training and licensing before they're allowed to attempt political assassinations.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

turn off the TV posted:

If this guy was on medicaid he should just claim that he was acting in self defense.

That's because this probably didn't happen.

http://www.newsweek.com/alexandria-shooting-live-updates-rep-scalise-shot-virginia-baseball-field-625517

quote:

"A guy...walked up to us that was asking whether it was Republicans or Democrats out there," Representative Ron DeSantis told Fox News Wednesday morning. "And it was just a little odd then he walked towards the area where this all happened."

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Please send this person a copy of TurboTax and call it good.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I think guns should be registered and gun owners should get proper training and licensing before they're allowed to attempt political assassinations.

that would definitely help them commit instead of attempt

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

cda posted:

I really like baseball and think it is the best and most American sport.

I would disagree and suggest that "shooting people" is the most american sport

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
All these dudes on the news right now talking about how great it is that the incident was ended quickly and they're keeping the community safe. Like anyone outside of those directly associated with Congress doesn't wish the guy was still shooting.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

I like representatives that don't get shot playing a dumb game for preteens.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

moose face posted:

I would disagree and suggest that "shooting people" is the most american sport

Then what happened today is truly the most American thing that has ever happened.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Yeah and there's zero indication that this guy was the shooter beyond that they were both present at a baseball game.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

While this is a good own, this person retweets Arthur Chu a lot, so please be careful if you are considering following this account.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

cda posted:

Then what happened today is truly the most American thing that has ever happened.

God bless america

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

While this is a good own, this person retweets Arthur Chu a lot, so please be careful if you are considering following this account.

lmao if you actually follow people on Twitter or use it in any substantial way

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ah yes, when i want to know the truth i listen to a politician

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I would believe it if the guy said "I thought it was a little suspicious when I saw someone at a baseball game" instead.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Lol @ Rep Mark Meadows, "the worst in humanity today [...] certainly not the appropriate time" to start a debate on policy over gun control and background checks.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wonder what they'll do if it turns out the shooter is a republican voter angry about the republican health care bill. Would it be considered an act of self defense?

But seriously, people shouldn't have guns and it's good that nobody was killed (as far as I know).

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost
Hopefully we'll be smart enough to deal with this the same way we've dealt with last year's shootings at Minnesota State, Northern Arizona, USC, U of Georgia, Bethune-Cookman University, Lane College, Delaware State, Johnson C. Smith University, U of Florida, Wichita State, Texas Southern, Savannah State, Delta State, Montana Tech, and a half-dozen community colleges:

By finally making it illegal to ban guns from baseball games.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

In the field, shooting at the congressmen.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
The appropriate response is the creation of a Zardoz head anything less is some pussy rear end poo poo.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Republicans will learn nothing from this.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

turn off the TV posted:

I would believe it if the guy said "I thought it was a little suspicious when I saw someone at a baseball game" instead.

a baseball game played by politicians

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
"Police say it is much to early to determine motive."

Lol. Yeah, gonna be real tough to crack this one

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

rezatahs posted:

if you are going to try to rampage on our poo poo rear end politicians get some range time in first smdh

wouldnt have been such a piss poor shot if it was a republican attacking liberals

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

VideoTapir posted:

Republicans will learn nothing from this.

What should they learn, that baseball is dumb?

Surely you don't mean anything else, as that would be victim blaming people that were shot.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Rasta_Al posted:

"Police say it is much to early to determine motive."

Lol. Yeah, gonna be real tough to crack this one

A lot of hair splitting is going to happen as people attempt to evade blame.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Nazzadan posted:

What should they learn, that baseball is dumb?

Surely you don't mean anything else, as that would be victim blaming people that were shot.

""""People""""

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Is this what baseball practice shooting means?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Practically shooting baseballs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Shooting baseball practice