Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

in n out is over rated. little bitch burgs with toothpick fries. habit grill is far superior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
was she wrong, though?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Detective No. 27 posted:

Just lol if you live in a state without carne asada fries.

:yeah:

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Whoever invented steak fries was a dumb bitch.

"Hey everybody knows the best part of fries is the crispy outside so how about we make the crispiness occupy as little of the total volume of the fries as possible so people can really concentrate on the undercooked hard center of the potato."

Idiot.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I'm a fat gay idiot and my life is a toilet

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Dogmeat posted:

Yeah but considering they give you one of those hockey puck things to tell you when your order is ready and the lack of drive thru means they aren't exactly fast food and more like Five Guys.

A valid point, but it's worth the extra effort to get something that tastes like actual food IMO.

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

Same.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

fletcher posted:

One of my favorite pics from the 20x20 day was the random grandma that told me what I was doing was a very bad idea

I'm glad you recorded your burger saga for posterity.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

same

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ROFLburger posted:

in n out is over rated. little bitch burgs with toothpick fries. habit grill is far superior

agreed. oops didn't see the end there, habit burger is some poo poo.

Whataburger is way better

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Lol, just lol if u don't order well done fries and get a whole grilled onion + chopped chilis on your burg

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
if it isn't a shanty on the side of the road that is using grease on a grill with 30 years worth of flavor built up on it I don't wanna eat there

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Jim Barris posted:

I'm glad you recorded your burger saga for posterity.

I am glad you are enjoying the pictures!

I did it for that sweet sweet internet forum cred. In this case I think I first posted about it on the [H]ard|OCP forums :D (and Genmay shortly after)

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma m鑽e
College Slice
I've got In-N-Out, Five Guys, and Whataburger all within a mile of me :smuggo:

In-N-Out is drat good for a $2 burger

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma m鑽e
College Slice

Lol

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

weak wrists big dick posted:

if it isn't a shanty on the side of the road that is using grease on a grill with 30 years worth of flavor built up on it I don't wanna eat there

That'd be Zubie's. I must have eaten there a hundred times. They tore it down on my birthday.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

How bout 83 years?

also..oops!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Wish I had cool hole-in-the-wall places like this near me, all I have around me is fast food and "gourmet" burger "boutiques".

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

a bone to pick posted:

Wish I had cool hole-in-the-wall places like this near me, all I have around me is fast food and "gourmet" burger "boutiques".

I've been burned by the hole in the wall places so many times. I don't understand how you can gently caress up a burger so bad. I'm looking at you, Giant Burger in Arnold, CA. Not only does your food suck but you treated us like poo poo as well.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

How bout 83 years?

also..oops!

lol

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

This is true though my local place closes fairly early and also for most holidays so it's nice to have options.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The one time I went to In-N-Out they gave my order to someone else and didn't want to remake it because as far as they were concerned they had done their part. I got them to eventually but gently caress em

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i always get a lemon-up if im getting in-n-out while hungover

:discourse:

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Here in Florida we get Sonic, Hardee's, Checker's, Five Guys, and Burger-fi. Florida is burg-heaven.

There's a reason a lot of Florida people are overweight.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I Brake For MILFs posted:

Here in Florida we get Sonic, Hardee's, Checker's, Five Guys, and Burger-fi. Florida is burg-heaven.

There's a reason a lot of Florida people are overweight.

Dude Sonic is loving trash. Absolute disgusting trash. I was kinda shocked at how bad it was when I went there.

Hardee's/Carl's Jr. is pretty bad too, on par with Jack in the Box. I will certainly eat at one of those over McDonald's though, if options are limited.

Five Guys is just awful as well.

Hopefully Checker's and Burger-fi is decent, I've never heard of those. Based on the others it sounds like you live in some sort of Burger-hell.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Sonic, while being terrible, is pro-tier drunk food. IMHO.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Nothing beats White Castle for total tonnage of food.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Can everyone stop talking about places that aren't on the east coast? I can't go to them so don't talk about them maybe??

pork steaks
May 30, 2017

a lovely boy
Everything at Sonic tastes the same

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

Sonic, while being terrible, is pro-tier drunk food. IMHO.

honestly sonic has the most boring burgers out of any fast food place imo

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

pork steaks posted:

Everything at Sonic tastes the same

Yeah it's weird even the hotdogs kind of taste like their boring burgers I dunno what the hell is going on with that place

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bob James posted:

Nothing beats White Castle for total tonnage of food.

i ate white castle for the first in las vegas a few months ago and yeah it was great drunk food highly recommend

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Each White Castle is a holy shrine.

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax
real talk from a real burgerhead, white castle is especially also very much my poo poo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

white castle is good af and its southern cousin krystal is not bad either

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

If it isn't Burgerville I don't care

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Aesop Poprock posted:

Can everyone stop talking about places that aren't on the east coast? I can't go to them so don't talk about them maybe??

Maybe don't live in a food desert?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
only been to one in-n-out and it was the one in irvine right next to the corp HQ so ofc it was ok...but really its just a really good regional burger joint and thats all - which im totally ok with, i wish we had more of that around here

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
5 guys better, burger AND Fries

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
White Castle can only be truly enjoyed with a friend while on a drug bender, as seen in the box office hit Animal House

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク

Solice Kirsk posted:

I get that, and they're a chain, but the way people out west talk about it you'd think it was better.

By the by this double burger, fries, and slaw is $5.99 at a little place in Chicago:

The Choppak from Choppers. I know it's not a "chain" so the comparison isn't 1:1, but still. In-N-Out is still second behind Checkers in my mind.

Best burger in Chicago is Mr Gyro on Clark and Division. Throwin out Culvers as far as chain store. I eat at the original one all the time in Sauk City Wi where Mr Culver himself will and run food out to cars every now and then. Super decent company with great values and employee treatment and it shows in the food they make.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 28, 2017

• Locked thread