Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

1gnoirents posted:

tooooooooooooo laaaaaaaaate

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Protect us from memes.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
ESPN is retarded and anyone who would care that this guy's name is Lee is 10x worse

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I'm glad ESPN is dying.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

My name is Darth Vader and they won't let me talk about the baseball game

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bob James posted:

I'm glad ESPN is dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFUUBLp27VQ

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I care a lot about organizational minutia and college football announcers those are both very interesting topics to get mad about

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Bob James posted:

I'm glad ESPN is dying.

replace ESPN with these guys IMO

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
everybody in this thread, including myself is a nazi

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
:jerry: what's the deal with VA universities and asian people?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
when will political correctness end :(

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Literally 5 seconds of Googling reveals the entirety of the story, namely that Lee was involved in the decision/nobody wanted to be made into retarded memes, but ended up Streisand-effecting themselves. http://www.snopes.com/2017/08/23/robert-lee-espn/

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
If he'd just changed his name to Joseph Goebbels this tragedy would never have happened

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
maybe if he didnt choose to be named after a racist

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Terrific Accident posted:

How do you eat with the mask on?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

Literally 5 seconds of Googling reveals the entirety of the story, namely that Lee was involved in the decision/nobody wanted to be made into retarded memes, but ended up Streisand-effecting themselves. http://www.snopes.com/2017/08/23/robert-lee-espn/
nobody has time to google

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

get that OUT of my face posted:

nobody has time to google

especially not when the facts get in the way of my gut feelings!

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Googleing is for nazis

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

13Pandora13 posted:

Probably gonna regret this but lol

He was "involved in the decision." Just like when my boss tells me to do something, and I "decide" to do it

"Hey Rob we just fired 30% of our talent a few weeks ago. By the way we think it would be best for everyone involved if you sit this game out. Don't you agree?"

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
we could call him by a nick name or we could fire him and he'll agree to it? well which one is cheaper, what does a nick name marketing team cost these days?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Sara Lee snack sales are plummeting!

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bob Lee Swagger was an american hero idiots, the top sniper who ever sniped

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

13Pandora13 posted:

Lol if you believe Snopes

Snopes is now 50% owned by an ad agency (Proper Media)

Snopes was founded by a husband and wife team who are now in the middle of a contentious divorce in which founder David Mikkelsen has been accused of embezzling $98,000 of company money to spend on “himself and prostitutes”.

Snopes has a hired team of suspect fact checkers who collaborate to debunk falsehoods that are trending on the internet.

These fact checkers reportedly have no editorial oversight and do not follow standard journalistic procedures.

Snopes doesn’t have a formal screening process for hiring fact checkers and for evaluating applicants for any potential conflicts of interest.

Since 2016, the Snopes founders decided to go political and immediately tried to curry favor with the media establishment while pushing their own political agenda.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blast of Confetti posted:

asiants arent minorities theres a lot of them in china probably more than white people, even

Hmm sorry this isn't purestrain GBS until people post this unironically

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

cda posted:

Or maybe: https://twitter.com/yashar/status/900219648473522178

He's calling other games. He's still working exactly the same amount.

I think it would have been less of a thing if they just let him do his job normally and this is either a really stupid decision or some furious backpeddling. Probably the former really, but either way very dumb.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
lol he literally couldn't avoid beocming a meme.

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

remember when quentin tarantino replaced Bruce lee with Uma Thurman and everyone loving loved it?

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Something something Umpire Strikes Back

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
I thought of a funny joke about a sportscaster named Adolf Q. Hitler but it's too inappropriate to post.

• Locked thread