Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Pube Factory posted:

Yeah, let me rescue this random dog that someone threw away when i have no idea if it's gonna be an rear end in a top hat and bite my face off instead of paying for a breed that i know will respond a certain way or not shed or not grow to be a size that requires more time and exercise than i could feasibly give it because i live in a tiny apartment in the city or something

Yeah because rescues don't do any behavior testing or any of that stuff at all. They just take in random strays and keep them in cages and ignore them until some rube comes in and takes them. That's exactly what they do.

-said someone who has never been to shelter or rescue in his life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

adopt like five dogs at the same time and see which one is the best fit and then just turn the other four loose on the streets or have them put down

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Pube Factory posted:

Yeah, let me rescue this random dog that someone threw away when i have no idea if it's gonna be an rear end in a top hat and bite my face off instead of paying for a breed that i know will respond a certain way or not shed or not grow to be a size that requires more time and exercise than i could feasibly give it because i live in a tiny apartment in the city or something

if you think buying a specific purebreed guarantees you an exact predictable set of all of those parameters you are exactly the kind of stupid idiot who buys a $2000 dog and then dumps it at the shelter in 6 months when it's not exactly like the brochure

just get a cat

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 28, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

poverty goat posted:

if you think buying a specific purebreed guarantees you an exact predictable set of all of those parameters you are exactly the kind of stupid idiot who buys a $2000 dog and then dumps it at the shelter in 6 months when it's not exactly like the brochure

but how can they be a good boy if their blood isn't pure? Are you telling me hitler lied to us all this time?

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Umm they gave my rescue free behavior training. And you know you can meet and play with the dig before taking it home, right?

Pube Factory
Jun 10, 2001
Pretty much the only thing I'm good at is growing these beautiful, thick pubes

poverty goat posted:

I forgot that dogs havent been bred to display specific traits that some people would find desirable since like forever

Anyway, here's a vid of my weiner dog that i had for 11 years and loved unconditionally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37-jJMJ3kUA

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

get a mutt or gently caress yourself.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Yeah because rescues don't do any behavior testing or any of that stuff at all. They just take in random strays and keep them in cages and ignore them until some rube comes in and takes them. That's exactly what they do.

-said someone who has never been to shelter or rescue in his life
my uncle just got an akita from a shelter that seemed like a great dog until temperament issues started showing up like the dog barking like crazy and growling whenever someone knocks on the front door, or someone that the dog isn't that acquainted with walks in without my uncle there. he has two young kids in the house. the other day i walked in and the dog actually started biting my pants. they haven't hit the dog or anything, but this issue has been ongoing. perfectly nice usually, but random spurts of aggression keep popping up. plus the dog is extremely skittish outside. clearly got abused. it's hard to predict what you're going to get, and some people just aren't willing to deal with that risk, especially if they have small children around.

i have a shelter cat. she's wonderful. perfect pet. but i wouldn't tell people to go gently caress themselves if they want a breeder animal if they actually go through the right channels and find a breeder that knows that they're doing.

Dolphin fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 28, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dog rescues do fine, worthy work and rescue dogs are fine, worthy dogs

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Pube Factory posted:

I forgot that dogs havent been bred to display specific traits that some people would find desirable since like forever

Anyway, here's a vid of my weiner dog that i had for 11 years and loved unconditionally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37-jJMJ3kUA

working dogs have been bred since the dawn of civilization but useless vanity dogs have really only been a thing for a couple of centuries so the genes and gene pools aren't always quite what one might hope

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Pube Factory posted:

It's really ignorant+stupid to think that just because your purebred dog ended up being a good fit it means that you need to get a purebred dog to get a good dog. I guarantee a ton of dachsund mix rescues would have played with the stupid bug just as cutely and earned your love just as well as your pure blood master race dog.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's really ignorant+stupid to think that just because your purebred dog ended up being a good fit it means that you need to get a purebred dog to get a good dog. I guarantee a ton of dachsund mix rescues would have played with the stupid bug just as cutely and earned your love just as well as your pure blood master race dog.
no one's saying that. different strokes for different folks and all that.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Dolphin posted:

no one's saying that. different strokes for different folks and all that.

its not just different strokes, you're actually kind of a piece of poo poo if you don't adopt for vanity/ignorance reasons

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

poverty goat posted:

its not just different strokes, you're actually kind of a piece of poo poo if you don't adopt for ignorance/vanity reasons

but how will he get all the facebook likes if he shows off his mixed race puppy instead of the pure most popular breed of the week puppy?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

a little known pure bred "hack" is to drain all the blood from a pure bred dog of your choice and then replace a mutt's blood with it. the "mutt" will gain the powers of the pure bred but without the inherited genetic weaknesses

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think purebred dogs are ok if you're breeding for maximum dog

get a caucasian shepherd, OP

Pube Factory
Jun 10, 2001
Pretty much the only thing I'm good at is growing these beautiful, thick pubes

I never said anything like that though :shrug:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Oh I like these. :3

Corgi / husky cross:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 28, 2017

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

those will loving eat you accidentally

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
when u get the dog please give him or her a pet for me :3:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

flerp posted:

when u get the dog please give him or her a pet for me :3:

:yeah:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
What's the cooldown period for making a parody thread? I already got 2 saved up:

"I am going to eat a puppy"

"I am going to get a pussy"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
big dogs are awesome and i was very sad to learn that they have very short lifespans plus a pretty good chance of dying at any point in their lives by doing normal dog stuff.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

a bone to pick posted:

gently caress everyone telling you to get a pure-bred anything.

get a mutt or gently caress yourself.

uh greyhound rescue

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Dog people are psychotic example # 384732: "your pet was sourced in a manner different from the manner which is my preference, therefore you should die"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

walgreenslatino posted:

Dog people are psychotic example # 384732: "your pet was sourced in a manner different from the manner which is my preference, therefore you should die"

nah, people wish you specifically were dead for all sorts of reasons.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

walgreenslatino posted:

how hard is it to understand that if you like an animal you don't want it to be raised in inhumane conditions? People who breed for profit are 90+% scumbags who should die, whether they do it with dogs, cats, fish, or whatever.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I'm hoarding artisanal purestrain dogs while rescue mongrels rot on the vine :twisted:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ElectricSheep posted:

uh greyhound rescue

yeah sure, there are exceptions.

I just think it's wrong to force animals to gently caress their siblings for multiple generations to make money off their retarded offspring.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
get an Afghan they are majestic

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VikingSkull posted:

get an Afghan they are majestic

that dog looks like it just killed a balrog

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
my first dog was an afghan and her name was Aja

she was a good dog and I miss her dearly

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

now imagine you're a small child and that movie comes out and you watch it the first time it runs on HBO and that is on the couch with you

I was a lucky boy :3:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Lol that's a good dog

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

myDad posted:

Lol that's a good dog

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mystic

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

how hard is it to understand that if you like an animal you don't want it to be raised in inhumane conditions? People who breed for profit are 90+% scumbags who should die, whether they do it with dogs, cats, fish, or whatever.

its more that there's literally no need to breed dogs as pets because irresponsible peoples' dogs breed all the time by accident, and also lots of dog owners are irresponsible pieces of poo poo who lose or abandon their pets, and many of these great dogs are put to sleep in shelters because people buy breeder/pet shop dogs instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

To get them to look like that it takes like 2 days worth of grooming and conditioning.

Then you bring them to the beach to show them off and they immediately smell the one pile of washed up dead fish somewhere and go roll in it.

• Locked thread