Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

YeahTubaMike posted:

there was some sort of meme thing where people would type "h*ck" to over-censor themselves and that poo poo annoyed me too

also the whole "heckin' doggo doin' me a concern" bullshit needs to die, but maybe this is more for the "poo poo people say that makes you think they're a douche" thread
H*ckie!
I saw that thread after posting in this one.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Frick (or even worse, "frack" like in that battlestar show) annoys me a lot more than heck.
I've never seen frack outside of BSG and in the show i was mostly amused by how blatant they got with things like motherfracker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
when people choose to hide details. like saying youre buying drugs and i pitch in and then revealing to me moments before using it was not the drug i thought it was. inviting me out and not telling me that there is an additional 3-5 people at the event. inviting people to the house, and they hang out all day and sleep on the couches. like i dont even have an issue with the people, but maybe i would plan my day or choices differently if i knew everything. which is why i think they (housemates) dont tell me....

also taking my independence as a sign I think im better than them (also the housemates). When i come home i can do a lot of things, like read or play video games or play the bass; if I dont watch tv with my housemates they seem to become personally insulted. its all they do and we dont even have the same taste in shows. they have started to make jokes that i dislike them. your insecurities arent my problem dog.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

which is why i think they (housemates) dont tell me....

I'm pretty sure this is the case. It happens a lot where people who are lonely or whatever oversell the invitation and assume that you will feel obligated to stay even though it's not what they described when they invited you.

This is why I will never live with housemates again unless it's a last resort. Way too often they become clingy as hell and you and the rest of the housemates are their entire social life.

Anyway the only time I had the "inviting me out and not telling me that there is an additional 3-5 people at the event" thing happen in an annoying way was when I got asked out to dinner by a girl at church when I was younger. It was clearly meant to be a date but when I showed up there were like 6 people and they gave me the hard sell on joining their youth prayer group. I said I'd join and went home and then never went back to that church again. That certainly annoyed me but I don't think it qualifies as "but you probably shouldn't".

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
Shouldn't bother me but it absolutely loving does: people who poo poo in public restrooms. Whenever the smell hits me, I get so irrationally angry.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

30 year old white guys who say "fam" or "my dudes"

We hang out with this 19 year old white kid that says "headass" so much, I'd think that he was being racist if I didn't know him well.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

People chewing with their mouths open or making any kind of sound whatsoever eating. Might not be a good example because it's not culturally accepted anyway, but it's not like they're harming anyone so it shouldn't be a problem. It still makes me incredibly angry.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

MNSNTZR posted:

We hang out with this 19 year old white kid that says "headass" so much, I'd think that he was being racist if I didn't know him well.

loving hell, white people stole "headass" too? can't have nothin'

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

MNSNTZR posted:

Shouldn't bother me but it absolutely loving does: people who poo poo in public restrooms. Whenever the smell hits me, I get so irrationally angry.

Counterpoint: people in a group who have a phobia about doing this when necessary and either leave early or even worse make you drive them home so they can poo poo in the apparent only safe toilet in town.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Counterpoint: people in a group who have a phobia about doing this when necessary and either leave early or even worse make you drive them home so they can poo poo in the apparent only safe toilet in town.

Please tell me this is the XD-vocalizer person. If it is, move over herr hitler we have a new champion!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Streak posted:

People who stand still on escalators

people who stand on moving walkways like at airports should literally be executed

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

standing on walkways/escalators doesn't bother me as long as they keep right

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
moving walkways are designed to allow you to traverse distance faster, not be a fat gently caress and stand there

god forbid you have to walk anywhere, ever

also execute people who cant take their cart to the cart return thing in parking lots. a bloo bloo i have to walk 20 feet.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Chinatown posted:

moving walkways are designed to allow you to traverse distance faster, not be a fat gently caress and stand there

god forbid you have to walk anywhere, ever

also execute people who cant take their cart to the cart return thing in parking lots. a bloo bloo i have to walk 20 feet.

People who take an escalator instead of the stairs after an 8 hour flight. I will never understand how they can not feel like moving their legs.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Icochet posted:

Please tell me this is the XD-vocalizer person. If it is, move over herr hitler we have a new champion!

No, just some guy who used to hang out with us in highschool. It's a really weird+awkward half hour ride home in your car knowing the guy in the seat next to you really badly has to take a poo poo.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ort posted:

People who take an escalator instead of the stairs after an 8 hour flight. I will never understand how they can not feel like moving their legs.
In Germany you'll get physically shoved to the right if you're chilling on the left on an escalator

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
You aren't gonna starve to death, you aren't a toddler or a fuckin dog, why is sharing food so hard? Like yeah, maybe if someone you don't know that well takes food off your plate without asking, that's pretty rude. But going to a restaurant and ordering some different food to share amongst friends/family? It's pretty drat sad if you refuse to take part in that and steadfastly just order your own food and only eat that. That's antisocial as gently caress dude

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Music videos where the artist feels the need to put on an entire full length motion picture before they get to the music

Like this poo poo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bimd2nZirT4

Like thanks rear end in a top hat, now I can't play your music video at my party, nice job.

Dolphin fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 27, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Bardeh posted:

You aren't gonna starve to death, you aren't a toddler or a fuckin dog, why is sharing food so hard? Like yeah, maybe if someone you don't know that well takes food off your plate without asking, that's pretty rude. But going to a restaurant and ordering some different food to share amongst friends/family? It's pretty drat sad if you refuse to take part in that and steadfastly just order your own food and only eat that. That's antisocial as gently caress dude

It's more the fact that they were perfectly capable of ordering it themselves if that's what they wanted. Obvious exceptions include what has already been mentioned like ethiopian places or "tapas" restaurants, but I avoid those because they are for people with friends.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Music videos with distracting sound effects to go along with the visual action that are not part of the actual song

Any music artist whose breakout hit is a cover version of an already popular song (lazy and unoriginal- even better if it's an acoustic cover)

The sound of other people chewing- more specifically lip-smacking (I know my chewing makes sound but I deliberately don't smack my lips because of how much it bothers me when others do it)

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

Oh hey, we're sitting inches from each other for hours on this flight (let's be real - you're spilling into my seat) - must be a great time to eat some stinky cheese!

You're not gonna starve in 5 hours, do you really have to do this to your seatmates?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

It's more the fact that they were perfectly capable of ordering it themselves if that's what they wanted. Obvious exceptions include what has already been mentioned like ethiopian places or "tapas" restaurants, but I avoid those because they are for people with friends.

I dunno I in general think family style is the best way to dine out and basically always do it that way with the people I eat with. everyone gets a dish and you share it. There's obviously some restaurants where that's impractical (though it'd be bomb if a family style dinner opened up) but even then if the gf and I are getting burgs or sandwiches or something we'll cut ours in half and share.

It feels like the only reason not to do this is if you're the kind of picky eater that shows up to a Chinese place and just wants to eat nothing but a plate of fried rice "without the peas or carrots'.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
if someone makes it clear beforehand that we'll all be eating family-style and taking bits from each others' plates, that's fine. don't just invade my space out of nowhere to steal my food. why is this so difficult for people to understand?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

YeahTubaMike posted:

if someone makes it clear beforehand that we'll all be eating family-style and taking bits from each others' plates, that's fine. don't just invade my space out of nowhere to steal my food. why is this so difficult for people to understand?

family style is dishes in the center you spoon to your own plate, like you know, a family would eat at thanksgiving.

I don't think anyone is saying it's okay to grab food off other people's plates, that's just weird if you're not like their girlfriend or something.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

family style is dishes in the center you spoon to your own plate, like you know, a family would eat at thanksgiving.

I don't think anyone is saying it's okay to grab food off other people's plates, that's just weird if you're not like their girlfriend or something.

No, there are at least a couple people saying it's ok ITT.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

No, there are at least a couple people saying it's ok ITT.

maybe we're all talking past each other, I was just here to call the dude who didn't like communal dishes because he's afraid people will eat all the good stuff and leave him with dreaded vegetables a manchild.

grabbing food off someone's plate without permission is hella rude but a separate issue. And tbh I've never had a person I wasn't sleeping with do that, dunno where you find these people.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

He's a little more extreme about it than the rest of us tbh. In my experience most of the plate grabbers are people on pseudo-diets where their order is for show and they really want you to order fries, or cheap rear end people who want to split a single dish between the two of you.

Basically my opinion is: If you want fries, any amount of fries, just order them with your meal. Nobody will judge you, you don't even have to eat them all, but you aren't fooling anyone with your fake diet with your hand darting around the table every few seconds.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

ArbitraryC posted:

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno I in general think family style is the best way to dine out and basically always do it that way with the people I eat with. everyone gets a dish and you share it.

:confused: yes, family-style is different, but i was going by your definition

ArbitraryC posted:

I was just here to call the dude who didn't like communal dishes because he's afraid people will eat all the good stuff and leave him with dreaded vegetables a manchild.

this is a good point, lol

quote:

grabbing food off someone's plate without permission is hella rude but a separate issue. And tbh I've never had a person I wasn't sleeping with do that, dunno where you find these people.

you lucky bastard

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

He's a little more extreme about it than the rest of us tbh. In my experience most of the plate grabbers are people on pseudo-diets where their order is for show and they really want you to order fries, or cheap rear end people who want to split a single dish between the two of you.

Basically my opinion is: If you want fries, any amount of fries, just order them with your meal. Nobody will judge you, you don't even have to eat them all, but you aren't fooling anyone with your fake diet with your hand darting around the table every few seconds.

I think secret eaters had an episode with a lady who did this constantly and that was why she was fat, like she'd have reasonable servings for herself then eat double that off other people's plates.

The show called her a "mealtime magpie" it was p funny.

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
Drivers that change lanes or turn without signaling.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

YeahTubaMike posted:

:confused: yes, family-style is different, but i was going by your definition
I don't get it? Like yeah one person orders a plate of fried rice, another person orders the brocolli beef, and so on, the dishes go to the center with serving utensils and everyone gets their own plate to serve onto. This format is p common in a ton of restaurants.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

never seen again posted:

Drivers that change lanes or turn without signaling.
This is something you actually should be annoyed about. Unsafe driving makes me insane.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
you should share your food

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
stupid olds who slow WAYYYY down like 100 yards before their driveway and take the absolute maximum amount of time to pull into their stupid driveway with their chrysler its like eat poo poo old man river

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

I don't get it? Like yeah one person orders a plate of fried rice, another person orders the brocolli beef, and so on, the dishes go to the center with serving utensils and everyone gets their own plate to serve onto. This format is p common in a ton of restaurants.

I have never seen it except in ethiopian/indian or tapas places, or in italian places on kitchen nightmares after gordon redoes the menu. I think it's much, much more common for people to order individual dishes for themselves. In europe there are more often things that are meant to be shared by 2-4 people but it's pretty rare to have a group of friends with the same tastes in food.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is something you actually should be annoyed about. Unsafe driving makes me insane.

I always use my signals and tend to go a bit out of my way to incorporate other drivers who do but I can sort of understand why a lot of people don't. A lot of people will actively try to block you when you signal you wanna get in their lane and it can be an annoying deal in areas with poorly designed roads.

Everyday on my way to my gf's side of town I get on a freeway that starts me on the left and I need to get 3 lanes to the right within 1 mile to get my exit, usually I just speed like an rear end in a top hat so I can duck and weave through traffic but if congestion is bad enough and I'm stuck behind slow people while trying to get over I'm basically at the mercy of someone letting me in.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

ArbitraryC posted:

ah, okay, i see what you mean now, i was envisioning people just ordering a bunch of entrees and picking at each others' plates. the last time i went to a restaurant, it was family-style japanese bbq, and it owned.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The only time I block people from getting in my lane is if they go past where the merge lane ends and drive up the side of the road and try to cut in before the guardrail starts. I will do everything in my power to prevent you from getting in because gently caress you, merge like everyone else.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

My new coworker stinks and its infuriating.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
My coworker always basically takes days off without using any vacation or sick time by saying her "stomach is messed up" and she's gonna "work from home" and then the next day she'll come in and be like "ugh I'm so exhausted I worked yesterday EVEN THOUGH I WAS SICK" like she's just the hardest working employee the world has ever seen and it really cheeses me off. we all know you're just sitting around playing with your cats

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I have never seen it except in ethiopian/indian or tapas places, or in italian places on kitchen nightmares after gordon redoes the menu. I think it's much, much more common for people to order individual dishes for themselves. In europe there are more often things that are meant to be shared by 2-4 people but it's pretty rare to have a group of friends with the same tastes in food.
Pretty much any Asian cuisine, Ethiopian, often middle Eastern, tapas, fish places where they throw a billion crawfish or shrimp or whatever in front of you, appetizers, communal dishes are extremely common in general and it's part of having friends and family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Professor Latency posted:

My new coworker stinks and its infuriating.
Tell him he smells like a walrus in heat and his manstank is making you horny

• Locked thread