Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

WatermelonGun posted:

I quit smoking cigs about a year and a half ago and lemme tell you

I still miss it

why? Tobacco is a lovely drug, gets you high like once per day tops, and just turns your lungs into an ashtray the rest of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Rock Puncher posted:

why? Tobacco is a lovely drug, gets you high like once per day tops, and just turns your lungs into an ashtray the rest of the time.

On the plus side, it brings you closer to death

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I can tell you are an educated man. Do you like Vonnegut? Let's chat.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Rock Puncher posted:

it made me look cool

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

if i die im bringing reality with me

WatermelonGun posted:

it made me look cool

the other option is you get to make sick hand gestures by harnessing the power of fire

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
i smoke two types of pipes and they both start with the letter c

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fallows posted:

i smoke two types of pipes and they both start with the letter c

:thunk: crack and corn cob?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I never understood why pipe tobacco smoke smells so nice while every other tobacco product is loving awful. I used to smoke pipe but switched to cigarettes because cleaning it is a pain and kinda gross.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Stalizard posted:

Pipe smoking is pretty enjoyable but the trick is you have to do it where nobody will ever be able to see you because if they do, you instantly and forever become that fuckin guy

Bertrand Russel?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I will smoke a cig maybe once or twice a month if I'm at a bar, cause there are still bars here that are cool with it and its a fun social thing. I will never understand cigars or pipes, the dumb things you're not supposed to inhale

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Sekenr posted:

a pain and kinda gross

but enough about nicotine

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Pipe Smoking: Cool, enjoyable, and relaxing as heck when done off the beaten path in nature or on a river bank or someplace where you can kick back and enjoy peacefully. However, it sucks rear end in loud places like big cities and parks and balconies.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

I will smoke a cig maybe once or twice a month if I'm at a bar, cause there are still bars here that are cool with it and its a fun social thing. I will never understand cigars or pipes, the dumb things you're not supposed to inhale

This like asking why people like wine when you can just drink vodka

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

he moved to Kublai Khans pleasure dome
would make an excellent name for a certain subforum

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
Smoking a pipe out back in the nice weather is very relaxing

don't smoke flavoured tobaccos or do it in public though

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

This like asking why people like wine when you can just drink vodka

I've asked this question before as well, except with whiskey

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Just do bonghits of some hosed up asian tobacco with like 10x the nicotine we get in the west. Combine with a pot of black coffee to really get your blood pumping in the morning.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

bloom posted:

Just do bonghits of some hosed up asian tobacco with like 10x the nicotine we get in the west. Combine with a pot of black coffee to really get your blood pumping in the morning.

I'm confused, people smoke tobacco out of bongs????

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Smoking_Dragon posted:

Used to know someone who would do it when they were out of weed and desperate(weed is expensive af here so it's not uncommon to mix it with tobacco no matter how you smoke it). Tried it myself and it's not what you'd call a pleasant experience. Something to try if you want to feel how a proper nicotine overload is though.

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Smoking_Dragon posted:

Vietnamese tobacco has a retarded amount of nicotine in it, poo poo flavor, and they smoke it out of bong pipe things.
Their locally grown coffee has a higher percentage of caffeine, and also poo poo flavor. They have mastered ruining natural drugs.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
I don't know what they do different between pipe and cigarette tobacco but pipe tobacco tastes way better to me. I don't really smoke in public, aside from the pipe shop where I get the tobacco at, because it's dorky as gently caress.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

:thunk: crack and corn cob?
A corn cob crack pipe would be funny as hell.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Honky Dong Country posted:

Feels good man.

But nah I just like tobacco in general. Cigarettes, cigars, pipes. I like them all.

I do pipes in fall & cigars in Spring/Summer. Sometimes I go months, months months without tobacco. Unless I have a drink to go along with a smoke I just can't be bothered to smoke.

Never got into cigs or chewing tobacco. Think I dodged a bullet there.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sekenr posted:

I never understood why pipe tobacco smoke smells so nice while every other tobacco product is loving awful. I used to smoke pipe but switched to cigarettes because cleaning it is a pain and kinda gross.

"Most pipe (and cigar smokers) are not nicotine addicts, but connoisseurs who enjoy the taste, smell and ambience of pipe smoking. Generally pipe and cigar smoke is not inhaled, but rolled around the mouth. Whereas cigarette smokers are typically nicotine addicts who want the cheapest, fastest, biggest hit.

For this reason pipe tobacco is usually very high grade, matured, often skilfully blended to enhance the character and sometimes anointed with flavourings. Hence it smells really good. Cigarettes on the other hand consist of cheap tobacco, paper and additives that increase the intensity of the nicotine hit. Thats why they stink."

GORILLA BASTARD fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 22, 2018

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
anyone else smoke while on the toilet?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Magius1337est posted:

I think you may need to see a doctor

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Magius1337est posted:

a joke appears!

q: what smokes while on the toilet?

a: The Mask after eating at White Castle

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Does anyone smoke Mcclelland?

I smoke very, very rarely and it takes me forever to get through pipe tobacco but every time I look, this brand catches my eye but they have like 500 varieties and they all sound cool as gently caress but I dunno where to start with them

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

"Most pipe (and cigar smokers) are not nicotine addicts, but connoisseurs who enjoy the taste, smell and ambience of pipe smoking. Generally pipe and cigar smoke is not inhaled, but rolled around the mouth. Whereas cigarette smokers are typically nicotine addicts who want the cheapest, fastest, biggest hit.

For this reason pipe tobacco is usually very high grade, matured, often skilfully blended to enhance the character and sometimes anointed with flavourings. Hence it smells really good. Cigarettes on the other hand consist of cheap tobacco, paper and additives that increase the intensity of the nicotine hit. Thats why they stink."

welp turns out cigarette tobacco is literally the shittiest "tobacco" when really it's like the particle board equivilent full of stems and dust and other additives:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2040350/

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
and, the gist of the article, is that they put poo poo like ammonia and other poo poo so you get a lot more nicotine in cigarette tobacco to get higher/addicted to it

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hahahaa not even the monopoly gguy had a pipe but sure a bunch of 'goons' definmnitely are all sitting aroudnt he thread puffing and and sweatting down some of the good stuff. Hhaha yeah let me just set my room temperature hot dog on my lap so it doesnt get dusty and Ill go select a pipe from the pipe room real quick

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Dog Jones posted:

Hahahaa not even the monopoly gguy had a pipe but sure a bunch of 'goons' definmnitely are all sitting aroudnt he thread puffing and and sweatting down some of the good stuff. Hhaha yeah let me just set my room temperature hot dog on my lap so it doesnt get dusty and Ill go select a pipe from the pipe room real quick

What does the Monopoly man have to do with this? Are there people who smoke pipes because they want to emulate him? That's hosed up..

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Magius1337est posted:

welp turns out cigarette tobacco is literally the shittiest "tobacco" when really it's like the particle board equivilent full of stems and dust and other additives:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2040350/

How loving stupid would you have to be that you don't realize that of all the tobacco you could be using, cigarettes are literally scraped off the garbage pile tier bullshit?

This is like thinking having to buy something at a gas station so they let you into the men's room so you can lick the urinal cake is ok. Dude you can buy better candy. It's still not good for you, but, ...poo poo.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Magius1337est posted:

I'm a pussy who can't finish a cigar in one sitting

drat right you're a pussy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pawn 17 posted:

I was outside da club and I began to pack my pipe. A VERY attractive lady walked up to me and began to ask about my pipe and complimented me about how cool it was. I slowly stroked my pipe as I looked her directly in the eyes. She went in for a kiss and my fedora bumped against her head, causing it to fall to the ground and expose my receding hairline. I screeched in fright and she instinctively jumped backwards. Unfortunately an Uber driver was racing by at that very time and struck and killed her. I gave her a viking funeral as I thought it appropriate.

lmao

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Smoking_Dragon posted:

Yeop. I've done it as a 20 year nicotine addict with some kind of chinese tobacco and I felt like my heart was going to burst out of my chest afterwards.

Not recommended.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Big Beef City posted:

How loving stupid would you have to be that you don't realize that of all the tobacco you could be using, cigarettes are literally scraped off the garbage pile tier bullshit?

This is like thinking having to buy something at a gas station so they let you into the men's room so you can lick the urinal cake is ok. Dude you can buy better candy. It's still not good for you, but, ...poo poo.

IMHO, as a cigar/pipe smoker I have never haunted the exteriors of office buildings or hide in my car while the party continues in the backyard.

When I wish it I will light up a toro sized cigar & watch as other men soon follow my lead. We will tend to drag the beer cooler while we distance ourselves away from children & the women so...mission accomplished.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Magius1337est posted:

Back when I smoked in the house the best part of my day was that first cigarette in the morning while going poo.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Magius1337est posted:

I'm terrified of ashing on my balls. I've tried it before but I chicken out and dump the smoke in the bowl pretty quick, the risk is too great

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Parts Kit posted:

I don't know what they do different between pipe and cigarette tobacco but pipe tobacco tastes way better to me. I don't really smoke in public, aside from the pipe shop where I get the tobacco at, because it's dorky as gently caress.

A corn cob crack pipe would be funny as hell.

Yeah but you know whats not funny? Getting strung out on crack. Whether its ironic or unironically. :okpos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
I think I've found I like aromatic blends

• Locked thread