Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Driving exactly the speed limit is acceptable under one circumstance only, when you're trafficking huge amounts of drugs. They should be able to pull you over for going the speed limit and give you a ticket if they don't find big ol' bricks of something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The big one is don't drive drunk.

I was lovely at it, thank Christ I never hurt anyone.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
There is no ethical driving under capitalism.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

IT isnt real work posted:

I understand that lane splitting on my motorcycle is illegal but I do it anyway, it's stupid that I'm expected to wait in a big conga line of chuds even though my bike fits in between lanes. people get so mad when I cruise passed them between lanes lol :cool:

I wish splitting was legal here. I would do it all the time. But since it's not, and because people here are massive gaping assholes with an axe to grind against anyone they perceive as getting something more than them, and because I don't want to be vehicularly murdered by the rage of said gaping assholes, I just sit in line and wait to get run over by a Soccer Mom texting in her Escalade, like a good boy.

Three Olives posted:

I drive an electric car so I judge you all smugly for ruining our planet when I drive.

gently caress yo planet.

bag em and tag em posted:

bad form, the correct response to someone blocking traffic while texting is to kill them. Kill them right in the loving street.

Username/post combo win.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 24, 2018

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jay_Zombie posted:

because people here are massive gaping assholes with an axe to grind against anyone they perceive as getting something more than them

Lol nice persecution complex

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Blue Train posted:

Lol nice persecution complex

Possibly. I haven't been... whatever, evaluated in a while. There's probably a good bit wrong with me.

Least I'm not running over people because they got ahead of me in line.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Laslow posted:

Driving exactly the speed limit is acceptable under one circumstance only, when you're trafficking huge amounts of drugs. They should be able to pull you over for going the speed limit and give you a ticket if they don't find big ol' bricks of something.

Well yeah, that and if there is fog. Maybe when it is snowing and the road is slippery. How about if it is raining so loving hard you can't see the lane lanes? If traffic is at a standstill should cars still be trying to go the speed limit? That would be cool. Maybe the circumstance when there is a big sinkhole in the middle of the road? Do you think going faster than the speed limit will allow you to jump it?

dk2m
May 6, 2009
i’m the guy in the truck that is 6 inches off your back bumper. your ho hum beige toyota is now my bitch; in suburbia, it’s all about the alpha and beta. i’m gonna follow you home and cuck you right in front of your kids

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Neutrino posted:

Well yeah, that and if there is fog. Maybe when it is snowing and the road is slippery. How about if it is raining so loving hard you can't see the lane lanes? If traffic is at a standstill should cars still be trying to go the speed limit? That would be cool. Maybe the circumstance when there is a big sinkhole in the middle of the road? Do you think going faster than the speed limit will allow you to jump it?

In all of those circumstances you would be going under the speed limit not exactly

Ohyesitsme
Apr 12, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was in Vermont, and on a perfectly straight bit of road someone had put up official looking signs saying "Go slow, deaf children cross here".
Does being deaf stop them using their loving EYES to see if a car is coming?
We're not talking ear to the railroad tracks stuff, it was a long, straight road. So I floored it, as any right-minded soul would do.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Road-based eugenics is fine

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
yesterday some guy gunned it when he saw me trying to merge into his lane, despite this he still only had to brake when I was entirely finished changing lanes. he then pulled up next to me and was sincerely upset I had "cut him off". dude you sped up! there was a ton of room! and I still wasn't close to you!

people are in their own world it's nuts.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Each and every single one of us needs to be killed then

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

500 good dogs posted:

also for anyone who drives you, there should be a secret code that you flash and the driver knows they can go balls to the walls crazy driving to get you there fast

Uber app has a thing that monitors g forces and speed and if you gently caress up too much you don't get paid for the ride. Lol

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
When I need to make a left turn I make sure to come to nearly a complete stop before getting into the turn lane.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

numberoneposter posted:

Convertible Le Baron with 9/11 TRUTHER and HONK IF YOU LOVE ANIME sticker

yea dude

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
There can be no ethical driving in caritalism, OP.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Spinster posted:

The big one is don't drive drunk.

I was lovely at it, thank Christ I never hurt anyone.

I was great at it which is exactly why I should never ever drive drunk again.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Can we discuss how dumb people are who think they're supposed to hit the brakes if they start to slide on ice

Ohyesitsme
Apr 12, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sponge Baathist posted:

When 2 lanes merge into 1 just wait in the one that ends until it ends so you dont have to use your turn signal and can cut in front of everyone else

I never use my turn signals, it's nobody else's business where the gently caress I'm going. Nosey wankers.

The_end
May 17, 2014
Ethical drivers hit every cyclist they see.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Shamino posted:

Uber app has a thing that monitors g forces and speed and if you gently caress up too much you don't get paid for the ride. Lol

big if true...

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If there's a bit of a gap between you and the car in front of you, and you see someone trying to turn into the lane, just loving slow down a little so they can get in the lane.

Is there an entrance to a shopping center to the left or right of you? DON'T loving BLOCK THE ENTRANCE.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
I love watching assholes drive up the wrong side of the road because there's too much traffic in the way.

The_end
May 17, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

Is there an entrance to a shopping center to the left or right of you? DON'T loving BLOCK THE ENTRANCE.

Sorry i will not cause an accident because some jackass wants to turn left.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

The_end posted:

Sorry i will not cause an accident because some jackass wants to turn left.

maybe I didn't explain myself properly:

Let's say harry wants to get to papa johns off of thaxton road:

harry is coming from the right, so he'll have to take a left. If thaxton road's right lane has a lot of traffic people are going to fill up every empty space, meaning harry will have to brake and wait for the lane to start moving before he can get his god drat pizza.

harry is the green car trying to take a left. look at how much traffic has been caused because of that one rear end in a top hat blocking the entrance to papa johns, if he only pulled forward or knew when to brake so he wouldn't block the entrance then everything would be fine.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

i hate anyone who waves me to go first when we get to a 4 way stop at the same time and they legally have the right of way

just fuckin go dude

ugh i know

there should be like 30 questions about how 4-way stops and right of way work on the drivers test and get rid of stupid poo poo like "what's the minimum fine for a DUI" what the flying hell does that have to do with anyone's ability to drive like a not-jackass

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I've driven around 200,000 miles just commuting on I-80 in the last 6 years and the worst things are, in no particular order:

People passing other people going 0.5 mph faster than them which if there's even a moderate amount of traffic will back poo poo up for 2 miles and you'll end up doing 45 for 5 minutes.

People that just sit in the left lane like assholes, no matter what speed they're going.

Due to either of the above, there being a big loving conga line in the left lane and one or two assholes always see this and don't give a poo poo and storm up to the front of the line in the right line and then cuts someone off.

That place in town where it goes from 3 lanes to 2 and the two through lanes will be slow as gently caress and assholes pull into the exiting soon lane, storm to the front of the line, and then cut someone off.

e: forgot assholes driving on the shoulder when it gets really backed up, but that doesn't happen that often.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 25, 2018

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

a bone to pick posted:

harry is coming from the right, so he'll have to take a left. If thaxton road's right lane has a lot of traffic people are going to fill up every empty space, meaning harry will have to brake and wait for the lane to start moving before he can get his god drat pizza.

harry is the green car trying to take a left. look at how much traffic has been caused because of that one rear end in a top hat blocking the entrance to papa johns, if he only pulled forward or knew when to brake so he wouldn't block the entrance then everything would be fine.

Yeah that poo poo sucks. Occasionally it happens in a way that's kinda unforeseeable but 99% of the time it's just people being being idiots or assholes.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

when you need to turn left across two lanes of traffic, and someone stops in one of the lanes to “let you go”. there’s still another lane i gotta wait for, and now you’re wasting everyone’s time.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Here's another one that's a dick move. Not sure if it's illegal in this case? I'm guessing it's technically legal unless there's a sign posted saying it isn't, but I'm not 100% sure.

Traffic is lovely so all the red cars are backed up, blue car path goes by everyone and makes an obnoxious turn using road that only exists for the black path, nearly causing accidents when rejoining the red cars.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
we need to end the charade of speed limits. i have literally never been pulled over for going 5 over the limit, and i have driven literally 300,000+ miles in the past 20-odd years

just post the actual number that will get you pulled over for exceeding gdi

The_end
May 17, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

You should not be eating at Papa John's anyway.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

we need to end the charade of speed limits. i have literally never been pulled over for going 5 over the limit, and i have driven literally 300,000+ miles in the past 20-odd years

just post the actual number that will get you pulled over for exceeding gdi

10km leeway on highways and 0 leeway in town duh

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
that papa johns looks soo biiiig. i never been to a papa john is it like the costco of pizza? wtf?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

10km leeway on highways and 0 leeway in town duh

wait do canadian cops seriously pull you over for going over the limit in town???? lmao

everywhere in america you can go 5 over the limit literally everywhere, even in school zones

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Smythe posted:

that papa johns looks soo biiiig. i never been to a papa john is it like the costco of pizza? wtf?

I pulled that street randomly from texas, everything is bigger in texas.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

veiled boner fuel posted:

I've driven around 200,000 miles just commuting on I-80 in the last 6 years and the worst things are, in no particular order:

People passing other people going 0.5 mph faster than them which if there's even a moderate amount of traffic will back poo poo up for 2 miles and you'll end up doing 45 for 5 minutes.

People that just sit in the left lane like assholes, no matter what speed they're going.

Due to either of the above, there being a big loving conga line in the left lane and one or two assholes always see this and don't give a poo poo and storm up to the front of the line in the right line and then cuts someone off.

That place in town where it goes from 3 lanes to 2 and the two through lanes will be slow as gently caress and assholes pull into the exiting soon lane, storm to the front of the line, and then cut someone off.

e: forgot assholes driving on the shoulder when it gets really backed up, but that doesn't happen that often.

Similar thing here on hwy 41. It's 3 lanes (4+ when on-off-merge things come into play through most of the city)

The whole goddamn thing is 70mph. I would say at LEAST 20-30% of drivers, of all ages and sexes that I see, are doing 60-65, max, regardless of lane, even if no one is near them.

loving STOP DOING THAT. I'm not asking you to do 90 in a 70. Just...at least do like 70-72 in a 70, and if people want to pass you, fine. I get there's gonna be people going like 85. That's on them. but for christ sakes could you at least meet the speed limit on an open three lane interstate when you're in the middle lane?

(sub argument: out of state drivers seem ESPECIALLY bad at this, for some reason, people from outside of the state seem content to drive in the middle lane of 3 doing, literally 55 in a 70, and you pass them expecting to see Grandpa Joe headed to see his cottage up north or something, but, no, regardless of state or whatever, it's just some random aged/sexed person, crawling along, and the speed is WELL marked as being 70. I always imagine these people thinking "Golly these folks drive like MANIACS" as people swerve to get around them while they're doing the posted speed limit)

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 25, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

precision posted:

wait do canadian cops seriously pull you over for going over the limit in town???? lmao

everywhere in america you can go 5 over the limit literally everywhere, even in school zones

I don't know how it works in the rest of Canada but most Toronto cops won't pull you over unless you're going 15-20km over the limit. And thats non-highway speeds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the only acceptable excuse for going less than the speed limit on the highway is if your car literally can't go that fast or whatever

• Locked thread