Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
ethical driving only itt.

carpool lane all by your goonsome self? DEATH SENTENCE.

driving faster than me? DEATH SENTENCE

driving slower than me? DEATH SENTENCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
slowing down for school zones? DEATH SETNENCE

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

I'm a good driver

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I am Otis posted:

I'm a good driver

wyd?

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

What's that mean?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I am Otis posted:

What's that mean?

wyd = wow your driving!

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
driving will be the second thing I make illegal after heterosexual sex

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Texting?
That phone's going right up your rear end, right now.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
should make it illegal for canadians to drive in arizona

almost hit someone with an alberta plate the other day who decided to turn from the left lane instead of the left turn lane that motherfucker

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
no driving if you are old

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

BloodRed posted:

driving will be the second thing I make illegal after heterosexual sex

sorry that your too poor to buy a cool car

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
ah drat i thought OP had decided to stop posting

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Just like there is no ethical consumption under capitalism there is no ethical driving in the current state of global affairs. I still sat in a car with a friend today being driven from point A to point B in relative comfort and safety and was glad for it but I'm also aware of how gearing our society around the use of the personal automobile has severely damaged society and how much of an advantage one has if they have the means to acquire a reliable vehicle.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

berth ell pup posted:

me too but i ran out of anyrthing else to do sry

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

berth ell pup posted:

go take one of the av gift certs i just posted in the glitchy avatar thread so you dont look so naked

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Driving home today, there was a lady out on the side of the street furiously gesturing "2-5" (as in 25 mph, the speed limit) at all the cars driving by. I was going 30, so I flipped her off.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Low score on the previous hole drives first, op

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
cars should be powered on pig blood that sprays out the back onto the road thus feeding bugs and critters

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Nut to Butt posted:

Driving home today, there was a lady out on the side of the street furiously gesturing "2-5" (as in 25 mph, the speed limit) at all the cars driving by. I was going 30, so I flipped her off.

DEATH SENTENCE

its like, they buy a house on the busiest street in the city and then put up a bunch of signs like "drive like your kids live here" first: lmao @ having kids, second: maybe dont buy a house on an 8 lane highway if you dont want your kids to get hit by a car???

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Big Beef City posted:

Low score on the previous hole drives first, op

this but unironically and low score means fastest time to destination

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I got honked at repeatedly by a bitch idiot truck driver that was behind me and didn’t understand that since our side had a stop sign and the oncoming traffic doesn’t then they have the right of way even if they’re turning left and I’m going straight (admittedly an uncommon situation).

I tried to convey this information by giving him the finger out my sunroof but I’m not sure he got it.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
did you know that there is literally no difference between the stop or yield signs at all?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Amateur Saboteur posted:

did you know that there is literally no difference between the stop or yield signs at all?

imagine a meme, if you will

the virgin yield sign (looks super lame)

THE CHAD STOP SIGN (looks super cool)

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i hate anyone who waves me to go first when we get to a 4 way stop at the same time and they legally have the right of way

just fuckin go dude

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Coming to a complete stop to make a right hand turn where there's no signage, and no cross traffic is cool and nice for those behind you (think maybe turning into a driveway from a rural road or just down another one in a suburb or something).

Bonus love points if it's the entrance to a business and you decide that rather than accelerate to get into the parking lot, you will simply roll at idle speed for some reason right at the cusp of the entrance while deciding that, 'yes, moving ahead straight forward IS what I want to do', while other people are stuck on the road behind you waiting to get into the same entry way

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Hey! Motorcycle guy comin through. Mind if I get in here? Ah I see you're a motorcycle rider too. With this handsign I now declare us brothers.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Big Beef City posted:

Coming to a complete stop to make a right hand turn where there's no signage, and no cross traffic is cool and nice for those behind you (think maybe turning into a driveway from a rural road or just down another one in a suburb or something).

Bonus love points if it's the entrance to a business and you decide that rather than accelerate to get into the parking lot, you will simply roll at idle speed for some reason right at the cusp of the entrance while deciding that, 'yes, moving ahead straight forward IS what I want to do', while other people are stuck on the road behind you waiting to get into the same entry way

similarly, don't bother touching the turn signal until you've stopped completely; we don't want you to have an accident from haivng to manage too many different controls

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

when i move left a bit for a lane splitter in california and the motorcycle guy gives me a peace sign or a thumbs up its the best feeling in the world

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Skateboard??? Nah too much needless expenditure of energy let's be lazy as gently caress instead

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Sourdough Sam posted:

Hey! Motorcycle guy comin through. Mind if I get in here? Ah I see you're a motorcycle rider too. With this handsign I now declare us brothers.

Oh hey watch out for me because I'm driving a literal death trap and I intend to weave in and out of cars so I can go faster but seriously it's totally your responsibility to keep me alive while I make these choices.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Oh, another really polite thing that I love is when there is a lot of traffic on a decent thoroughfare near where I live and it has a lot of round abouts, so when it gets heavy, it's usually quite slow, but moving. So this is a great time for you to stop in the middle of the road entirely and wave the person sitting at the exit of the KwikTrip gas station parking lot who's waiting to get out right on in. Because causing even further backups farther down the main road really helps everyone, especially when theres an alternate exit to that gas station parking lot to a road that has little to no traffic on it and that person leaving knew drat well what decision they were making.

This is so smart and thoughtful of you to stop traffic for them all the god drat loving TIME DURING AFTER WORK HOURS WHEN IT'S BUMPER TO BUMPER FOR LIKE 1.5 MILES ON THAT loving ROAD YOU loving IDIOTS

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
GET THE gently caress OUT OF MY WAY rear end in a top hatS!!!!!

DOA
Nov 17, 2016
driving while playing music so loud i wake up when they drive by my house? death by firing squad

cyclists taking up all the road? death by hanging

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

DOA posted:

driving while playing music so loud i wake up when they drive by my house? death by firing squad

lmao get a load of this SQUARE

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I loving hate people who brake way early at a light. This is doubly true because on my commute there is a merge lane I have to get in going to the right but then there's a lane going straight that leads up to a red light but people brake way loving early which leaves me less room to get in the lane I need to get in to go to work.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Tell my chauffeur. Driving? Myself? Pffft :smuggo:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I'm just waiting for the inevitable "ethnics in driving" parody thread

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

500 good dogs posted:

DEATH SENTENCE

its like, they buy a house on the busiest street in the city and then put up a bunch of signs like "drive like your kids live here" first: lmao @ having kids, second: maybe dont buy a house on an 8 lane highway if you dont want your kids to get hit by a car???
It's a residential street less than a quarter mile long with a threeway-stop intersection in the middle and stop signs at both ends. They had those speed-scold signs up a while back, but no-one is tearing through there.

Cops routinely set up a speed trap on one end (there's a long line-of-sight on the downhill slope of an intersecting minor arterial road) and a... stop-compliance trap at the 4-way stop intersection at the other end.

I believe the state is currently investigating the feasibility of temporal displacement fields that send you backwards in time relative to your traveling speed. The cops are really enthusiastic about the safety potential of what they're calling "reverse interest" from the time of the offense.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Rico: Why did you judge me?

Judge Dredd: You killed innocent people.

Rico: A means to an end.

Judge Dredd: You started a massacre!

Rico: I began a revolution!

Judge Dredd: YOU BETRAYED THE LAW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Tire just exploded on side of the road not kiddin

• Locked thread