Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Phish was invented by the CIA and disseminated among the youth to convince them that jam bands suck rear end, and so they will avoid all the best drugs

Payment Day posted:

Drugs and the associated jam bands are disseminated by the cia you mean
Both these things are true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit
There is no department of the government that is working against jam bands

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Explain this thread then carpetbagger

Lena Dunham
Sep 19, 2017

Terrapin Station is a badass song

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Impossible in a world where Steam-Powered Giraffe is walking around being steampunk.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Robokomodo posted:

Impossible in a world where Steam-Powered Giraffe is walking around being steampunk.

I don’t blame bad gimmick bands for making a living milking weird nerd conventions for money in the slightest

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Likewise you can’t blame the Grateful Dead for being on a bunch of drugs and playing music for people on drugs

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah definitely but I also don’t have to listen to it

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit

Lena Dunham posted:

Terrapin Station is a badass song

The endorsement the song deserves, from a guy who payed to be Lena Dunham online

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Payment Day posted:

The endorsement the song deserves, from a guy who payed to be Lena Dunham online

:master::vince::boom::iceburn::boom::vince::master:

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Likewise you can’t blame the Grateful Dead for being on a bunch of drugs and playing music for people on drugs

Try and stop me

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Payment Day posted:

I also don’t blame Lena Dunham for being a living sack of flour who is sexually aggressive towards Japanese men and molested her sister actually wait yes I do

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Okay, living "sack of flour":

:golfclap:

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Schweinhund posted:

:siren: people have different tastes in music :siren:

This shocking news! I'm going off-grid immediately!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
"Sugar Magnolia," Workingman's Dead, and American Beauty comprise most of my Dead listening, and I'm pretty big fan of those songs and studio recordings. But I can't really make it through most Dick's Picks albums. Live Dead is an okay live album by them. I think there are some Dick's Picks from the early 70's I could put on, actually.

My city has an amazing local radio station that I cannot complain about whatsoever. Except one DJ who likes to sprinkle precious Dead live sets into what is otherwise a completely blues slot. Really don't get it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Aesop Poprock posted:

I was actually shocked when I heard a song on the radio the other day that I liked and the host said it was the Grateful Dead. No idea what it was called though but I spent a decent amount of time trying to get into them and hating everything in my teenage druggy years

they had a good cover of whiskey in the jar at the very least

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

my dog died im sad posted:

studio stuff is ok - good. live, my god is it horrible.
"Dicks Picks" is a blight upon the human race.

ugh fucken dicks picks

i was hangin with this chick, she had like grateful dead shoelaces and poo poo, and one day she starts talking dicks picks and im like "whaaa" and she explains some moron made a billion bootlegs of a million dead shows and she really wants to complete her dicks picks collection so I start looking around online and I find a massive torrent of dicks picks just gigs and gigs of dicks picks and i waste all my bandwith on dicks picks for days, then I put these fucken things, these fucken dicks picks on a thumb drive and give em to her

so as a thank you for dicks picks now she's fucken blowin me and instead of swallowing, or at least going into the bathroom first to spit, she grabs MY FUCKEN SNAPPLE and spits into it. took the cap off and everything. then goes "oh i thought you were done with it"

ITS A GLASS BOTTLE HOW DID YOU NOT SEE THAT THERE WAS HALF A SNAPPLE LEFT

YOU AND YOUR FUCKEN DICKS PICKS

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gatekeeper posted:

ugh fucken dicks picks

i was hangin with this chick, she had like grateful dead shoelaces and poo poo, and one day she starts talking dicks picks and im like "whaaa" and she explains some moron made a billion bootlegs of a million dead shows and she really wants to complete her dicks picks collection so I start looking around online and I find a massive torrent of dicks picks just gigs and gigs of dicks picks and i waste all my bandwith on dicks picks for days, then I put these fucken things, these fucken dicks picks on a thumb drive and give em to her

so as a thank you for dicks picks now she's fucken blowin me and instead of swallowing, or at least going into the bathroom first to spit, she grabs MY FUCKEN SNAPPLE and spits into it. took the cap off and everything. then goes "oh i thought you were done with it"

ITS A GLASS BOTTLE HOW DID YOU NOT SEE THAT THERE WAS HALF A SNAPPLE LEFT

YOU AND YOUR FUCKEN DICKS PICKS

This is the most upsetting story I’ve ever read. Literally no part of this is pleasant and I feel ill

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Aesop Poprock posted:

This is the most upsetting story I’ve ever read. Literally no part of this is pleasant and I feel ill

to you, it's an upsetting story

to me, ITS MY LIFE

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If you’re still banging the Grateful Dead groupie who spits your own cum in your drink than I am sincerely disappointed

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Aesop Poprock posted:

If you’re still banging the Grateful Dead groupie who spits your own cum in your drink than I am sincerely disappointed

oh no now im banging the 40 year old mother of two who thinks a 31 year old mentally ill man should have a crack at dadhood so she spits my own cum in between her thighs and i have to bop her nose like a dog

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

but ol' Snapplecum Garcia left an indelible print upon my existence :(

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Gatekeeper posted:

oh no now im banging the 40 year old mother of two who thinks a 31 year old mentally ill man should have a crack at dadhood so she spits my own cum in between her thighs and i have to bop her nose like a dog

:jerky:

...okay. Keep going.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Don't think I've ever heard one of their songs and have no desire to.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gatekeeper posted:

Ah so you’re the gatekeeper of the worst women alive to protect other men. Godspeed

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jul 19, 2018

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aesop Poprock posted:

If she swallows she’s you’re girlfriend. :sissies:

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit

Woden posted:

Don't think I've ever heard one of their songs and have no desire to.

There is worse stuff out there but it is just so bland and stupid that the amount of influence it has suggests that americans might not be as cool as everybody says

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit
Greatful dead heads love to collect massive dick picks

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Hollywood is cool. Americans as a whole though are dweebs

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

do the grateful dead have any real influence on anything or anyone besides Phish and Ben and Jerry's and cumspitting snapplewasters?

like who the gently caress else cares about them?

america just romanticizes the drugs they did in the 60s so they can differentiate between themselves and black people with their crackerhos and the garteful dead is the epitome of white potsmoking acid retards

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

"hey look at me i ate a peyote in my dorm room in college and listened to cherry Garcia on the transistor radio with my brown eyed girl, so gently caress black people and gently caress the city (except Spago, Wolfgang puck cooks a mean rabbit)"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This song is REALLY hosed up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-olDjUy4540

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

"Beverly, our mortgage rate is so high, or our property taxes or whatwver, just so high!!"

"not as high as we were when we listened to the grateful dead and I let you put it in my mouth that one time even though my mom said only Spaniards and sailors do that and i shouldn't date either"

"bev, dear, your mom is a oval office"

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

"Beverly, i just heard the grateful dead on Sirius XM radio!! have you seen my old felt hat and banjo??"

"Kurt, dear, we donated them to goodwill"

"Beverly, stop touching my poo poo"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol if you ever hear the live recordings of Pigpen-era Dead looool you can almost listen to the Grateful Dead ironically if it was just the best of the worst of Pigpen.

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit
Goon Project: make a fake gratefull dead song about Jimmy Carter to own the boomers

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
the boomers already hate jimmy carter more than any human being alive except maybe hillary

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

"Kurt, dear, that John Mayer boy is playing a concert with the grateful dead here in scottsdale! lets go see them! we can get dinner at Talavera first!"

"Beverly, dear, Talavera is where I take women I still gently caress. you? you get Chelsea's kitchen. the one in the airport."

"can we still see the grateful dead afterwards?"

"yes but youre sucking my dick first..."

"ok Kurt, honey"

"...and no spitting!"

"Kurt, dear, come now! I'm not a... *looks left and right to make sure they're alone even though they're in their living room* ...a negress!!"

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Literally the only reason they were popular was because hot chicks and acid went to their concerts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit
Let's be honest, the band's music sucks.

• Locked thread