Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

pixaal posted:

OP as someone who owns a company that is barely able to pay employees as is, how will we afford to pay people more to work less, which means I need to hire more people and also pay them more.

All these people will make no money and work no hours

looks like you will have to close up your business and get a job (hopefully that business doesn't also close)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pick posted:

actually, they'll work FEWER hours for MORE money. easy mistake.

Sorry, you're already done. :fork:

You get one gaffe and one Dean scream. You blew them both in one go.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Pick posted:

actually, they'll work FEWER hours for MORE money. easy mistake.

Who will pay them more money? I do not have more money to give.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I'm concerned that working less hours and making more money will give people more time to do crime. Is there some way to stop this from happening?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Well since people who do crime are already working fewer hours, they’ll be making lots of money and so less likely to do crime. Makes sense to me.

In that vein, how will you ensure prisoners will not be rewarded with more money for their fewer work hours? Also what about ILLEGALS?!?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
What if I only want to work less and make more money, but want other people to still work more for less money?

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Now this! THIS I can get behind. This op guy, I think he's on to something, he's going places. He's got the moxie to be a real contender I tells ya

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

pixaal posted:

Who will pay them more money? I do not have more money to give.

You will because YOU will work fewer hours, for more money!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

What if I only want to work less and make more money, but want other people to still work more for less money?

Thank you for your strong voting history!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Like how many hours are we talking about here? If it’s a couple of hours a month I don’t really care that much.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would make all public water fountains pump out mad dog 20/20 but the choice of flavor would be purely democratic through an app.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Pick posted:

You will because YOU will work fewer hours, for more money!

But who will pay me more money? We currently don't have a product and need time to finish developing it so we can sell it to make money in the first place.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I'm literally running on a platform

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

I'm literally running on a platform

Woah there, kind of stealing my thunder much?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

A platform? Like Mario?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just like Mario, can only go right and not left.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

pixaal posted:

OP as someone who owns a company that is barely able to pay employees as is, how will we afford to pay people more to work less, which means I need to hire more people and also pay them more.

All these people will make no money and work no hours
Sorry, but if you can't afford to pay people a living wage you don't deserve to be in business at all.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I like the idea of working less for more money. However, I don't like the idea of THOSE people working less for more money. You know whom I'm talking about. They're already lazy enough as is.

I will vote against anyone trying to give them better lives even if it goes against my own interests.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yeah gently caress the Dutch!

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

I'll vote for you if you can guarantee me and only people like me will work less for more money.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm a single issue voter, what is your stance on abortion and killing the rich?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Incorrect. The right answer was "Gayness" or "Penis-fart", OP.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Who What Now posted:

That's TWO issues.

Unless you're only going after the rich who aren't born yet.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Id probably vote for you Pick but not the year of this mega democratic clusterfuck, and not while bernie is a possibility.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Would I need to donate a pound of flesh for your insatiable hunger for raw human flesh?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

regardless of her qualifications “pick pick 2020” has a nice symmetry to it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

free hubcaps posted:

regardless of her qualifications “pick pick 2020” has a nice symmetry to it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

you'll have way more time to do abortions, or stop people from doing abortions, when you work fewer hours for more money!

you will have more time and energy to kill the rich, or stop the rich from being killed, when you work fewer hours for more money!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Who will be your running mate?

How many hours will they work, and how much money will they make?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BrigadierSensible posted:

Who will be your running mate?

the year's most topical deformed cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
Where can I donate to your campaign? Any donation would just be like an investment in the future because I'd be making more money working fewer hours.