Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Be the change you want to see in your community. If you want less homeless people buy them a bus ticket to Florida. And donate bindles to the local shelter as a small hint they should be moseying on out of town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i work for a public library. its basically already a homeless shelter, so I'm good OP

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

Like imagine looking at a homeless person and saying "you know what? What you don't need is any financial help. Stay there and just work harder. Also I won't give you the chance to work harder."

Good job on that, you cock sucker.

It sounds like you're the one putting expectations and preconditions on your financial help, now. You're supposed to give them money without thinking it will mske them work harder. Why should they work harder? They don't owe you anything

JK Fresco fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Not everyone needs to get s job guys

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
telling a crazy street person to just get a job is really not very productive. no one is going to hire a hobo off the street with no job history or fixed address. that person needs a bunch of help before they can can even think about trying to get a job

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Just because someone gives you money doesn't mean you owe them anything.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Most street people who stay homeless for more than a few months are hosed for life due to crippling mental problems, complete lack of support network and other nearly unfixable issues and should be institutionalized.

You could do worse with your money than donating it so whatever, donate that poo poo.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Give me money cocksucker

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Put a good selection of tools in your car. Battery powered angle grinder, power drill, a decent set of hex keys, wrenches and screwdrivers should go a long way towards dismantling hostile architecture. These things are designed specifically to make them painful or impossible to sleep on, pushing the homeless even further out of society while letting you, the taxpayer, feel good about not having to think about them.

Statistically a number of homeless people are going to end up sleeping outside no matter what, and sleeping directly on the ground is far more dangerous than sleeping outside on a bench.

e: If you do this you may want to also invest in a bolt-down toolbox for the car and/or at least a solid padlock. Tools are expensive.

e²: It should be noted that this is almost certainly illegal where you live so consider that before going out to smash the state.

Nastyman fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 5, 2019

Master J Plus
Apr 20, 2010

by Hand Knit
Make it illegal to beg/live on streets and to give to vagrants. Herd all the homeless into large dormitories with basic amenities and teach them skills. ID them so they're easy to track/find. Maybe even give them like $500/month in fun money. Bring back asylums for the ones that can't be left alone.

Giving them change/food on the streets just enables the bum lifestyle. The only way to end homelessness is to literally not make it an option.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Pro tip: Buy a coffee and give it to a needful homeless person

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Big Beef City posted:

Like imagine looking at a homeless person and saying "you know what? What you don't need is any financial help. Stay there and just work harder. Also I won't give you the chance to work harder."

Good job on that, you cock sucker.

I volunteer my time, which is worth more than throwing a guy a fiver, so why don't you gently caress off and take your sad brains somewhere else.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If homeless people would just quit being lazy get jobs they wouldn't need to beg. Pull those bootstraps up you schizophrenic diamond

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

central dogma posted:

I volunteer my time, which is worth more than throwing a guy a fiver

is it?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Solice Kirsk posted:

Be the change you want to see in your community. If you want less homeless people buy them a bus ticket to Florida. And donate bindles to the local shelter as a small hint they should be moseying on out of town.

Is this a thing where I can pay for relocation of homeless to warmer places so they don't die of exposure?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

central dogma posted:

I volunteer my time, which is worth more than throwing a guy a fiver, so why don't you gently caress off and take your sad brains somewhere else.

Uh, why aren't you doing both?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People who think you should just throw cash at homeless people have clearly never lived in an area where you get hit up for cash by homeless people 50 times a day.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

veni veni veni posted:

People who think you should just throw cash at homeless people have clearly never lived in an area where you get hit up for cash by homeless people 50 times a day.

You should pay them all you cheap piece of poo poo

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Lol yes, god drat.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

luncheon meat posted:

yeah, idk why I suck tho. I'd get approached by them every day, kids with iphones asking for money or sitting around in clean clothes smoking cigarettes next to their little cardboard signs that said they were pregnant. the "leader" was pretty well known around town before this poo poo started too

I guess it's a myth where you are and that's cool but lol this place is stupid

your confusing beggers with homeless people. there are fake beggars everywhere but its easy to tell which ones are fake. Also if i was losing my house the thing i would hold onto most is a phone. its literally a life saving device and probably the only way to get out of homelessness. how am i getting a job w/o email? loving fast food requires you to submit your application online. you wont get a job with out internet and youre gonna have a hard loving time doing that poo poo from your public library because in alot of countries they dont want you in there as a homeless person so they are gonna move those goal posts on your rear end unless the librarians are chill w/ you.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think someone should buy up all those plastic child- sized dollhouses in front of home depot and give them to the homeless.

:hmmyes:

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I refuse to beg. I deserve your money and if you don't give I'm going to take it

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We need more volunteer strip clubs too.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Nastyman posted:

Put a good selection of tools in your car. Battery powered angle grinder, power drill, a decent set of hex keys, wrenches and screwdrivers should go a long way towards dismantling hostile architecture. These things are designed specifically to make them painful or impossible to sleep on, pushing the homeless even further out of society while letting you, the taxpayer, feel good about not having to think about them.

Statistically a number of homeless people are going to end up sleeping outside no matter what, and sleeping directly on the ground is far more dangerous than sleeping outside on a bench.

e: If you do this you may want to also invest in a bolt-down toolbox for the car and/or at least a solid padlock. Tools are expensive.

e²: It should be noted that this is almost certainly illegal where you live so consider that before going out to smash the state.

While you're at it use those tools to break into stores or houses and give away what's inside to those who need it

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

JK Fresco posted:

While you're at it use those tools to break into stores or houses and give away what's inside to those who need it

This but unironically

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

gently caress yeah we've got some real keyboard revolutionaries up in here. Post the system bro

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

veni veni veni posted:

gently caress yeah we've got some real keyboard revolutionaries up in here. Post the system bro

Look, we're not all morally bankcrupt pieces of poo poo, ok?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
At the very least suck a homeless man's dick once in a while.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I do but only for fun

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Suck dick while volunteering at the strip club imho. Way better than tossing a fiver at someone. Might even get a thank you out of it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

central dogma posted:

I volunteer my time

Work from home?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
speaking of dicks and sucking, I paid a ~50-60 year old homeless woman 8 bucks to not suck my dick. I was drunk+lost and on the phone with my brother who was navigating me home (I didn't have a smart phone with gps back then) and she offered to do it for 20, I said no and she eventually went down to 5 for "anything I want". I gave her all the cash I had (the 8 bucks) and said she doesn't have to do anything besides leave me alone.

It's a pretty good tactic, if she had just asked for a dollar instead of aggressively grabbing for my crotch I probably would have given her much less.

e: also she kept asking if i was gay when I kept turning her down which was kind of rude

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 5, 2019

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Mods please rename this "the self-righteousness megathread" and sticky it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Threads like this attract the worst people and even worse posters. Yes, I am talking about you specifically dear reader.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Yeah, I agree. I'm pro helping the homeless and anti not helping the homeless.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

You reminded me, everyone don't forget to donate to mental health facilities as well.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I refuse, those homeless sons a' bitches can freeze over in the cold for all I care!

What have the homeless done for me lately!?

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Colonel Cancer posted:

Threads like this attract the worst people and even worse posters. Yes, I am talking about you specifically dear reader.

Hot take: people not dying from exposure and starvation is a good thing.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Maybe all these homeless people have structured settlements but they need cash now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

I am firmly convinced that winter is a myth