Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
please do something nice for the homeless. it's rough out there. also many of us are americans and it will be winter soon, which is a hard time to be outside.

if you want to donate, there's the charitynavigator ranking for organizations that help the homeless. sorry, I'm not super familiar with which ones are best firsthand.

maybe also go to your local homeless shelter and ask what they'd like, or donate directly if they are reputable

There are many homeless people and how to help them is not always obvious. Some professionals know how to help the homeless.

last night, I was headed home on the road and they had to divert the road because a homeless guy was hit by a truck on the bridge. this made me sad but ultimately made sense because I drive by that area every day and there's no pedestrian way to get there, you have to cross the business freeway in the state, but there was sort of a protected area there and it was raining super hard

anyway please help, it's a national crisis. help in your own country if not american also please. or donate to america's homeless if you don't have homeless because you're in sworway or finmark or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

McRib is coming back soon so I figure I'll buy a few and hand them out to the local homeless

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

you broke my grill posted:

McRib is coming back soon so I figure I'll buy a few and hand them out to the local homeless

thanks

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

yeah I will next time I see one gently caress Pick

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I tell them to get a job.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I tell them to get a job.

Tell them to get a home

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Homeless people often won’t eat food from random people because they are afraid of being poisoned. More McRibs for me, I say.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
How many meals could you have given the homeless for the price of your fursuit pick? How many?

Me, I give my "reward" for donating to local public radio to provide meals to the homeless instead of a dumb coffee mug

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I let my wife stay in my house even though she doesn't have a job and doesn't pay rent

she's basically homeless without my charity

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

1redflag posted:

Homeless people often won’t eat food from random people because they are afraid of being poisoned. More McRibs for me, I say.

And yet Donald Trump only eats McDonald's because he's scared of being poisoned by the white house kitchen staff

Really makes you think

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Donate any guns you may have to the homeless imo.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

The nice thing I do for the homeless is not call the cops on them if they're sleeping in their cars on my street because gently caress that's gotta be rough and better in a car than on the sidewalk, but if they could keep from shrieking and pounding on their cars at 3am and waking up the whole block every other night I might do more for them. Guy refused all the help I offered anyways.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Here's a nice depressing documentary on where you go when you die homeless and alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwN_rfOoIuA

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
It's nice to help but do you have fake homeless people in the US? Teenagers/early 20s people who go into the city during the day then take the money they beg to some creepy gently caress who buys drugs with it and probably fucks the underaged ones

It was a real problem here a few years ago, not so sure about now

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

That's literally a rightwing lie hth

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

luncheon meat posted:

It's nice to help but do you have fake homeless people in the US? Teenagers/early 20s people who go into the city during the day then take the money they beg to some creepy gently caress who buys drugs with it and probably fucks the underaged ones

lol at posting this

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

i jack off my homeless son

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Not gonna get into my personal poo poo, but this a good thread idea, and we should help those who will be living outside this winter.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Most states have a Foodbank, and they're stupid easy to volunteer for.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

luncheon meat posted:

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Maybe it'd be fun to do a thread about working at the food bank on Thanksgiving or Xmas.
I've done it on Thanksgiving for several years. It's awesome.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

luncheon meat posted:

You suck. Wild guess: you're from Australia?

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

I live in California where the narrative is that homeless people are all addicted to heroin and poo poo everywhere and are terrible and will murder you if you look at them the wrong way so my nice act is to treat them like regular human beings. It's not much but boy howdy, judging by what I've seen people say in local facebook groups, it's completely unheard of.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I'm telling you, doesn't matter what state you live in: your local food bank is a good place to volunteer.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
I brought like 8 shirts and 3 pairs of pants to a homeless shelter once and the guy that took them from me rolled his eyes and said "That's all?"

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Three Olives posted:

I brought like 8 shirts and 3 pairs of pants to a homeless shelter once and the guy that took them from me rolled his eyes and said "That's all?"

Bring more. Donate some money?

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Check your ballot measures and elected officials carefully. Mr. Dick voted down a tax increase for hotel stays. He could give out $20 a day everyday and still not do a fraction as much good as blocking that tax did.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I work really early so the homeless are mostly still asleep when I'm walking past. I sometimes put care packages of junk food and liquor next to them as a cool surprise for when they wake up.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

It's really easy to put together a basic care kit relatively cheaply:
-good quality dark color backpack
-high quality socks
-gloves and hat
-wet wipes
-dark color blanket
-Meal replacement bars that won't melt
-Water, gatorade
-A small first aid kit containing bandaids, gloves, alcohol prep pads, condoms
-A small quality of life item (a comic book, a deck of cards, a pack of cigs, etc. personal item)
-For women, maxi pads

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

my dog died im sad posted:

You suck. Wild guess: you're from Australia?

yeah, idk why I suck tho. I'd get approached by them every day, kids with iphones asking for money or sitting around in clean clothes smoking cigarettes next to their little cardboard signs that said they were pregnant. the "leader" was pretty well known around town before this poo poo started too

I guess it's a myth where you are and that's cool but lol this place is stupid

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I drive past a homeless dude who is legit crazy every day but he is also on Twitter (has his @ on his sign) anyways he is "Lady Gaga's homeless boyfriend and he has proof, Google it" and dang man idk if that is best practice but thanks Ronald Reagan

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I bet he goes home to his McMansion and welfare queen wife every night, amirite?

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
try not to play this song around homeless people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guBsPkUkPQg

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

luncheon meat posted:

yeah, idk why I suck tho. I'd get approached by them every day, kids with iphones asking for money or sitting around in clean clothes smoking cigarettes next to their little cardboard signs that said they were pregnant. the "leader" was pretty well known around town before this poo poo started too

Do you kick them in the balls, or what?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm giving the homeless weed

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

you don't need ah ome to get high as hell

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

And yet Donald Trump only eats McDonald's because he's scared of being poisoned by the white house kitchen staff

Really makes you think

Yeah I'm sure that's the main reason

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

luncheon meat posted:

gonna kindly ask you not to doxx me

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

luncheon meat posted:

I have a really cool solution.
Don't denegrate the poor and gently caress off forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

luncheon meat posted:

You're thinking of Oliver Twist it's a work of fiction