Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
Dominos went from shittiest pizza chain to the best.

Pizza Hut is mostly trash.

Papa John's I wont eat on principle. gently caress John Schnatter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

To be fair it was less about the presence of ranch and more about the volume I was using per dip. And also the garlic sauce I got with it which was probably not great for me either but boy did it taste good.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

C-Euro posted:

To be fair it was less about the presence of ranch and more about the volume I was using per dip.

Phew, ok. I just went through the hassle of defending ranch in another group and I wasn't sure if I was ready to do it again so soon.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pizza update: this thread convinced me to give Domino's the first try in a while, and Brooklyn style w/extra cheese, pepperoni, and mushrooms? Not bad.
(also it had this weird syrupy sweet smell like Chef Boyardee sauce so I wasn't expecting much, but it actually tasted fine)

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Technowrite posted:

Dominos went from shittiest pizza chain to the best.

Pizza Hut is mostly trash.

Papa John's I wont eat on principle. gently caress John Schnatter.

You be nice to Shaq!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

The handmade pan crust is the best at Dominos, assuming they don't gently caress it up and undercook it.

but if I'm going to get any lovely pizza chain, it's gonna be Little Caesar's. The $6 extra most bestest is pretty good around here for the price.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I usually get either Hungry Howie's or Jet's.

Pizza Hut somehow fools me into trying their latest gimmick 2-3 times a year but it's always terrible. Domino's is reliable for something cheap, I've learned not to get Papa John's even at half-price because "local sports team did a thing".

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Pizza hut should have kept selling their pretzel crust then I would order more often. The Little Caesars pretzel crust comes with some gross cheese sauce instead of tomato sauce so I'm not ever getting it again.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Where does papa Murphy's go in this thread? I love their thin crust dough. Very high quality ingredients as well.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Papa Murphy’s does have good crust and toppings, but their sauces really suck. The tomato based ones are really pasty and taste really strongly of dusty dry herbs. The white sauce turns into grease when you bake it.

But man if you ever want as much food as possible for your money go get a stuffed pizza on $10 Tuesday. Those things are loving huge

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

We got dominos and Pizza Hut and Hell. Hell is the best of the franchises but domino’s is ok too. I haven’t had a Pizza Hut in years but they’re probably still crap.

Plenty of good local places too but that’s for another thread.

I had hell pizza tonight with some corn nuggs. I’m currently going into carb coma mode.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Today is National Pizza Day in the US. Please consider your local chain pie shop on this holiest of days.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

I worked for Papa John's doing deliveries for a few years. Nobody was allowed to work more than 39.5 hours in a week. If anybody hit 40 hours, they were immediately fired along with their manager.

One day we were cleaning the back room and a little chunk of tile on the corner of the wall and floor broke off, and about 100 cockroaches all came scurrying out. The manager didn't close the store down and we kept making pizzas like nothing had happened.

I'm shocked I never got robbed. It helped that I didn't use the car topper (which advertises that you carry cash and free food) and I carried a big gently caress-off maglite to every house at night. Also gently caress John Schnatter, dude's a piece of poo poo. Also the pizza is trash.

I usually just make my own pizza but there's a place across the street from my apartment that's pretty good if I'm feeling lazy, and they just started selling Indian food too.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Seriously, how did Papa John's get so popular?

People like to poo poo on Dominos and Pizza Hut but I've legit never had worse pizza in my life than PJs.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

People liked that garlic butter enough to make up for their poo poo dried out crust and terrible fuckin cheese.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Seriously, how did Papa John's get so popular?

People like to poo poo on Dominos and Pizza Hut but I've legit never had worse pizza in my life than PJs.

It's popular because for a large chunk of the US, the only pizza options are places like Papa John's or Dominos. People just get used to it and like it eventually.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ever start drinking rum and coke and realize you only have about 1/4th the amount of coke you need for the evening and order pizza delivery with a 2 liter to rectify the situation?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
PJs was my ex wife's fave pizza.

Since my divorce two things have happened:

1. I always have sex with a different woman on my ex's birthday.
2. I never, ever eat Papa John's.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

bird with big dick posted:

Ever start drinking rum and coke and realize you only have about 1/4th the amount of coke you need for the evening and order pizza delivery with a 2 liter to rectify the situation?

no, the answer to that is rum on the rocks

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Crusty Nutsack posted:

no, the answer to that is rum on the rocks

gross

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i think i would take a digornos over most, if not all, the national chains

Finally I found the person who they claim exists in those commercials.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Wiseguys has a couple of locations. Pizza good, lasagne and garlic knots :discourse:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I worked at two different dominos, one was a franchise and one was corporate owned. The franchise one had way better pizza because they made their dough fresh in house rather than having it delivered by a truck plus they didn’t put the lovely seasoning in the pan pizza pans that always burned and was too crunchy. This was all before dominos big revamp though so I’m not sure if these difference can still exist.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
The dominos near my moms work was great because you could get 12 large cheese or veggie pizzas WELL DONE and they’d actually make them well done and everyone could eat them since they’re halal kosher and hindu compatible. And all the desi coworkers and kids would just throw down a ton of sriracha on their slices

DessertStorm
Aug 9, 2013

The fact that Pizza Hut charges more for their Original pan pizza shows a) how good and nostalgic that pizza is, and b) how horrifically bad that pizza is for human beings. Either way, that Original Pan Pizza is the best of any chain.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

DessertStorm posted:

The fact that Pizza Hut charges more for their Original pan pizza shows a) how good and nostalgic that pizza is, and b) how horrifically bad that pizza is for human beings. Either way, that Original Pan Pizza is the best of any chain.

I used to love it but the one near me doesn't cook it enough or have a well done option on the website, and I'm surely not picking up a goddamn phone.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I had a Domino's ultimate pepperoni and a philly cheesesteak pizzas delivered last night and also some chicken wings because I forgot that Domino's chicken wings are rubbery trash. Pizzas were good though. And only $31 for both, extra large, thats before tax and tip and $3 delivery though.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Make sure in the "Notes" or "Extra Information" box or what ever it's called, you put in that Dominoes/local chain sends their cutest delivery boi :wink:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Marco's any good? Asking for a friend

Spanish Inquisition
Oct 26, 2006
LISTEN TO THIS SHITTY SONG BY MY SHITTY BAND! used tire.mp3

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is Marco's any good? Asking for a friend

my friends and i used to eat a "white cheezy" after coming home from a road trip. it was alright. better than domino's imo

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The Marco's old world pepperoni is legit.

The last two times I've ordered Domino's one item is hot, the other one is room temperature, what's up with that.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Ordering me some pizza. Hells yeah.

Gonna get me some Marcos. Best delivery here that actually shows up hot (there's a local chain that's awesome but slow delivery and I'm a lazy gently caress so I'm not gonna go to pick it up).

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 9, 2020

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
The chains: Domino's, Papa John's, Pizza Hut and Jet's.

Jet's is by far the best, but also the most expensive. It's got that thick, buttery crust like Pizza Hut was when I was a kid and good sauce, with stretchy cheese and decent toppings. I really like their BBQ pizza with extra sauce, well done for a nice caramelized finish.

Domino's is ok, I like the pan crust but it's sort of more airy than anything and not as good cold or leftover. Papa John's is only good IMO for meat based pizzas. Their veggie toppings don't merge as well with the sauce.

I actually live out of a Pizza Hut's range at the moment. I do have strong nostalgia vibes from the 90's birthday parties of my youth, but let's get real. Pizza Hut just isn't serving that quality of pizza anymore. Oh, but they used to be the gods of pizza. Pan crust that was thick, golden brown and crunchy with mozzarella strings and crispy cups of pepperoni...

As far as local joints go, I usually get Roman's philly cheesesteak pizza with jalapenos. But my absolute favorite is Castrillo's greek pizza with pesto sauce. It's green olives, red olives, garlic, red pepper flakes, onions and spinach. There's also a local place with a white sauce, shrimp, bacon and lemon pizza that is good as hell.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I'm a Dominos person through and through. A loyalist. I once took it upon myself to rescue a Domino's driver from a snowbank for this reason (well, his 96' Caprice wagon got stuck and I was moved by his plight to dig and push him out out of pity, but also loyalty. I was incredibly committed to this at the time and also extremely high. The guy was probably me from the future.)

I usually go to Papa Murphy's if it's not being delivered. Pizza Hut usually makes me sick (which is not a normal food thing for me, but sometimes I still think it's 1993 and want to experience that again, that place that will never exist again) and Papa John's is too expensive for what shows up. Oh! We also have Mr. Jim's here, which is the weirdest place. The website's from 1998 and makes no sense, it's run and owned by Scientologists (AFAIK.) It's actually pretty good. I guess that's my number 2.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

As long as Pizza Hut has the $20 box, we will order their mediocre pizza on broke nights. Otherwise we get Marcos and their wonderful garlic butter flavored, non-Papa dipping sauce.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I remember last week when I could get Domino's, Pizza Hut, Hell, Pizza Pomodoro, Heaven and Sal's.

Now, no anything delivery. No takeout.I might make one tonight though. Probably margarita, cause that's about all I gots.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Papa John's does that thing where they put toppings in first then the cheese. So one time when I picked up my slice all the cheese and toppings slipped right off and and I got left is a sad, flat, flaccid dick. And that's my Papa John's story.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
around here we have Jets Pizza and it's pretty good.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
what is the best dominos pizza crust, i like the pan pizza medium, but sometimes i go brooklyn large

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

what is the best dominos pizza crust, i like the pan pizza medium, but sometimes i go brooklyn large

I usually get the thin one. Way less calories.