Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
i live in a buttfuck town with no good/reasonably priced local places so we can only talk about the chains

papa john's was our mainstay for a good long time before they hosed up our order and also papa john is a garbage-rear end person who sucks so lmao gently caress him.

then we went to dominos until they hosed up our order and were late as hell and that sucks

i haven't had pizza hut since they were giving away like loving baseball bats and matching balls. those bats got ruined pretty much immediately because concrete.

little caesars exists and that's about the extent of my experience with it

papa murphys isn't delivery its take and bake and god drat does our oven suck a wet rear end at pizza but it's also like half the loving price of the big delivery places so that's what my mom gets all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
round here we got:

- a good-rear end local place run by an elderly turkish couple that absolutely refuses to skimp on toppings

- another local place that i haven't been to in years, think it's run by stoners

- an italian restaurant chain that does delivery and has/had actual mafia ties

- dominos that i occasionally swing by for a five-dollar ham-and-cheese on the way home from the pub. ordered delivery from there once and they were like two hours late

- run-down pizza hut that i've never been to but a friend worked there as a teenager and he quit via a furious twenty-message-long SMS

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
the next town over has a joint called, no poo poo, redneck pizza

it's right next to an oil refinery, like everything else in the town

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I’m outside the delivery range of the nearest buttfuck town so I drive 20 minutes other way if I want a pizza. I spotted a scrub fire driving to get one the other night so I’m not a lazy dickhead I’m a hero. They only just got a subway and the community group is making hushed noise that 2020 might finally be the year they get Uber eats

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Between the three big chains:
Dominos is pretty good, I haven't ever had anything bad from them and their 5.99 deal is real good.
Pizza Hut is incredibly inconsistent and ranges from ok to gross.
Papa John's is the worst pizza I have ever had, every time.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

We got Dominos and Pizza Hut like everywhere. Pizza Hut is real boring. Dominos is usually pretty good but also I got like the worst food poisoning I've ever had from them so rip eating them again. Our local chain is Little C's, formerly Little Caesar's, no relation to the American one. They're not bad.

The real poo poo is all the independents though like this one.

Family joint, 40 something years old I think. Got like three or four generations working there.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Feb 4, 2020

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
NIGHT FLIGHT PIZZA MOTHERFUCKERS

they made massive 'zas and plainly catered to the drunk / stoned community and were open all night. this was in Omaha. they served a pizza so big you had to tilt it to get it through a normal door. sometimes you could swing by and ask if they had any 'zas that someone hadny picked up and they might just give them to you for free

i don't think they are in business anymore though :smith:

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
holy poo poo they opened back up! not all night anymore just till 2AM though

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Only dominos here they are the best of the cardboard pizza anyway.

Mad Emu Sex0r
Sep 30, 2004

Comeon guys. Im cool now, right?
moved to Pittsburgh and the amount of local mom and pop italian cuisine and pizza shops is rampant. tons of chain stores as well. my bucket list is to try as many as possible.

Pelegrinos smelled like it was on fire but really good
Bellasarios was bad especially cold(important test)

im done typing

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I ordered dominos the other night and my pizza was made by Jesus. I’ll stick with the lord

Mad Emu Sex0r
Sep 30, 2004

Comeon guys. Im cool now, right?

Tetramin posted:

I ordered dominos the other night and my pizza was made by Jesus. I’ll stick with the lord

im probably biased to Dominos from running one but if you take care of your food it can be really loving delicious

if your store is friendly enough for a 14" Pizza made with Medium Dough stretched to a Large, with alfredo sauce, spinach, chicken, mushroom, onions and/or tomatoes, with provolone cheese and bacon caramelized(mixed with Mango Habanero sauce) bacon thrown on top(Chicken Carbonara)

other most requested off menu pizza made was a philly calzone

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
We only have a couple of pizza chains here but a million independent places run by various middle eastern people. They pretty much rule the fast food pizza market

There's a great place near me, used to order from there all the time when I was working long hours. Nothing fancy but they don't skimp on toppings and don't make the pizzas too greasy

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Pizza hut's garlic knot stuffed crust pizza is legit, but it only comes in large, so I'd suggest sharing unless you feel like gorging on leftovers after the novelty wears off.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Domino's is the best of the chains around these parts. I like that their pizza tracker gives me an idea of what my order will be like when it gets here based on the name attached to preparing it. Joshua knows what's up with a 'double cheese' topping. The rest of them have a lot to learn.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

whatever one has the best sale because they all kinda suck.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
pizza hut used to be the best one but since dominos reinvented their entire menu and stopped being complete garbage theyre actually pretty good and im not sure which of the two i overall prefer

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
my favorite pizza growing up from the mall expanded into my hometown and delivers, it's so good. their thick crust uses the "cup" pepperoni, the cheese is stringy like cartoon pizza cheese, crust everything it needs to be. i could eat it every day

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
but uh as for mass chains Domino's probably has the best product right now. Before then Papa, before then Pizza Hut. I remember the hut being the Nut in the 90s, with high quality nomral-melting cheese and the old brown boxes, sturdy brown boxes

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

delivery pizza cheat code: if you live near the store you can go there and save precious dollars on the delivery fee and tip :ssh:

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

me walkin out the pizza joint instead of gettin it delivered

:moonrio: :rock: :homebrew: :homebrew: :homebrew:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If I'm going to drive and pick up food I'm getting something better than chain pizza.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i'm within delivery range of probably 20 pizza places. oh my god so many mom and pop pizza places are actually complete trash, and they're always so loving expensive to boot.

i've found 2, total, that make very good quality pizzas, and they are astoundingly more expensive than the chains, so I guess my answer is "whichever of papa john's and domino's has a better coupon right now"

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

big nipples big life posted:

If I'm going to drive and pick up food I'm getting something better than chain pizza.

ya and lol if you don't tip in the jar when you pick up the pizza, real ostentatiously

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

TheAardvark posted:

i'm within delivery range of probably 20 pizza places. oh my god so many mom and pop pizza places are actually complete trash, and they're always so loving expensive to boot.

i've found 2, total, that make very good quality pizzas, and they are astoundingly more expensive than the chains, so I guess my answer is "whichever of papa john's and domino's has a better coupon right now"
Dominos near me has been running the "order 2 or more of any side or 2 topping medium pizzas for $5.99 each" special for forever and it's all I'd consider ordering.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Brolander posted:

ya and lol if you don't tip in the jar when you pick up the pizza, real ostentatiously

the tip is for the delivery person :sigh:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

We got Dominos and Pizza Hut like everywhere. Pizza Hut is real boring. Dominos is usually pretty good but also I got like the worst food poisoning I've ever had from them so rip eating them again. Our local chain is Little C's, formerly Little Caesar's, no relation to the American one. They're not bad.

The real poo poo is all the independents though like this one.

Family joint, 40 something years old I think. Got like three or four generations working there.

That looks gross also pick up the starburst wrapper from the floor you animal.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

ferroque posted:

the tip is for the delivery person :sigh:

well in this case YOU are the delivery person so this makes no loving sense pal. you gonna tip yourself? ridiculous

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

That looks gross also pick up the starburst wrapper from the floor you animal.

It was delicious. :colbert:

And I did pick it up after the picture.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

What the gently caress is on that pizza

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Pepperoni, shredded ham (the thin strips), mushroom and pineapple.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i loved hungry howies but it fuckin left my area

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Peachfart posted:

Between the three big chains:
Dominos is pretty good, I haven't ever had anything bad from them and their 5.99 deal is real good.
Pizza Hut is incredibly inconsistent and ranges from ok to gross.
Papa John's is the worst pizza I have ever had, every time.

pure facts. Thread over.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Ahh man. I haven't had Pizza Hut in years since we don't have any around here. Normally we order Dominos and rarely Papa John's. Sometimes we get a local place's pizzas, but I don't do them too often because they're really expensive and their portions aren't very gracious for the price.

Back in Southwestern PA I used to stop at a local place called Scott's Pizza Plus and get some FANTASTIC pizzas all the time. I really miss that joint. :(

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i loved hungry howies but it fuckin left my area

hungry howies pizza is good, i like their salads too.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The usual nationwide chains, but good old Mr. Jim's beats em all. He's even got a .pizza web domain, ffs.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The best place around me doesn’t deliver, but it’s worth the 5 minute drive for pickup. The second best place delivers so I’ll do that if I’m too drunk don’t feel like going out. After that all of the local places suck, the Pizza Hut died two years ago. There’s a Domino’s but I’ve never ordered from it.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I get it from the little pizza place a block from my house, the owner is very nice and cool to talk to but I usually get delivery because the delivery guy is chill and always comes here first and I'd like to help him have money to live.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
green lantern pizza its so loving good

they deliver and its pretty loving quick, like 15-20 mins. they make a good detroit style, too:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the local places here are Brothers Pizza, which is absurdly loving expensive and only does takeout (no delivery)

and Zoner's Pizza, which is also ballfuckingly expensive and who I will never forgive for changing their name from "Stoner's Pizza Joint" because that owned

as a result of this I usually end up getting Pizza Hut because they have a $8 carryout large deal, or Little Caesar's if I'm nearby it and just craving a quick pizza

they're both perfectly acceptable, especially for how little i pay vs the local places (i'd be paying over 2x what i do at Pizza Hut for a local one that's only moderately better)