Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Super Size Me 2 is on Amazon Prime.

Watch it to understand why healthy fast food is not possible. (Not if the place serving it wants to be successful.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Telebite posted:

Watch it to understand why healthy fast food is not possible. (Not if the place serving it wants to be successful.)

nah

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Telebite posted:

I’d rather eat a stinky turd from a BK bathroom mate. I’ll pass.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Telebite posted:

That guy was a moron.

He ate a Big Mac meal and threw up. I'd slam those down as a 5'11" 160lbs 16 year old.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
seriously i already linked healthy fast food

muscle maker grill is just as fast as subway

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What's the point of Supersize Me 2? I thought he covered the fast food issue in the first movie.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

TV Zombie posted:

What's the point of Supersize Me 2? I thought he covered the fast food issue in the first movie.

After that movie, fast food restaurants started to try to market themselves as making their menus healthier, or offering healthier options. The point of Super Size Me 2 was to expose how this is all marketing BS and fast food restaurants are exactly the same. So it's mostly about exposing the marketing, and what really goes on in the production and marketing of fast food. Obviously he can't get actual companies to talk to him about this, so he actually opened his own chicken restaurant and showed everything that goes into buying and raising your own chickens and marketing the food. There's a thing about how all chicken sold in the USA is the product of 5 large corporations (deemed "big chicken"), and the actual people who farm for them are kept from making a lot of profit by being forced by the big 5 to constantly "upgrade" their facilities and needlessly spend money, as well as how the farmers are forced to compete against each other, with the "winners" being determined by the big 5. One farmer who obviously is sick of this BS is the one who worked with him for this movie, and they showed about how during the production of the movie he was put into last place.

The movie was produced in 2016, the restaurant that was opened only was open for 4 days, YouTube Red bought the distribution rights, then #metoo happened and Morgan Spurlock apparently admitted to rape, so this movie got shelved for 4 years.

Anyway, the movie / documentary is not bad. I thought it was eye opening. They didn't show chickens being slaughtered, but they showed how "broiler" chickens grow so big so fast that some percentage of them die from heart attacks before they are slaughtered, so they show that. I thought it was interesting when the farmer says how if they didn't die of heart attacks it would indicate a problem because they aren't growing fast enough, so having some chickens die of heart attacks before slaughter is something they want to see.

Telebite fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 10, 2020

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

AlexanderCA posted:

My holy grail is cheap AND healthy fast food or microwave dinners. Considering the economies of scale of buying and cooking in bulk vs buying individual ingredients and cooking for yourself I would hope such a thing was feasible, but alas.

I know this is like hella old bit Michael Angelo frozen meals are amazingly high quality and very cheap for what they are (brands of less quality often cost twice as much). Give em a go.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Resting Lich Face posted:

I know this is like hella old bit Michael Angelo frozen meals are amazingly high quality and very cheap for what they are (brands of less quality often cost twice as much). Give em a go.

There baked ziti is high tier poo poo...

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
The eggplant parm is better than any eggplant parm I've had including scratchmade.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Coolguye posted:

seriously i already linked healthy fast food

muscle maker grill is just as fast as subway

Never heard of this before. None in my state :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Resting Lich Face posted:

My kid likes taking those to school for lunch.