Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Fast good is great. You don’t have to cook after work, you don’t have to wash dishes, you get your food real quick. Nice and easy for those of us who want to die after a day in the life of capitalism.

But it’s awful for you. Tons of sugar, tons of starches, extremely low fiber, zero veggies, massive portion sizes (sometimes), maybe even low quality ingredients. That’s no way to live.

What if there was fast food that was both convenient and didn’t ruin your health and waistline? What kind of food would it be? What would it look like? Is it even possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vessel From Denny
Nov 20, 2007
chipotle, OP

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Tokyo Joes

just don't look at the sodium content

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
You're looking for Taco Bell, beans are fiber, the oats that replace the meat are fiber, the Baja Blast provides motility.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Just buy a salad

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Not only is it possible, it's probable. Just roll through a McDonald's drive through and order anything on the menu. You'll feel like a million bucks for merely a couple singles.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Subway is probably the closest you're going to get to healthy fast food, aside from ordering any of the lousy salads that are at all the major burger joints.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
It’s perfectly possible, it’s just not actually what you want.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
It's easy to not get too many calories at fast food places. Don't get fries, and don't get drinks. If you do only do it occasionally as a splurge.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Try Huel or Soylent, OP.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Live Mas, OP

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

This. Fresco or whatever it is at Taco Bell is probably the closest you can get to actually healthy fast food.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Resting Lich Face posted:

This. Fresco or whatever it is at Taco Bell is probably the closest you can get to actually healthy fast food.

Power Menu Bowls are criminally underrated.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
There are tons of street style noodle joints pretty much anywhere you could possibly be living in and if not healthy at least they aren't massive empty calorie bombs like the burger stuff.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Is it possible? Yes.

Would anyone buy it? gently caress no.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

serious norman posted:

Try Huel or Soylent, OP.

don't those have a bunch of lead in them

e: on the topic of healthy drinks I tried a V8 today and man that poo poo isn't good. why is it so salty. what the gently caress am I drinking, salty tomato juice

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

the people i know that eat clean get chipotle bowls with extra protein op

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

It's easy to not get too many calories at fast food places. Don't get fries, and don't get drinks. If you do only do it occasionally as a splurge.

a burger without fries just don't feel right. for me it's usually a cost saving measure rather than a health concern, but i'm never happy about it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Down here adding fries past 8pm makes the food take 3x longer to get.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Nurge posted:

noodle joints

quote:

aren't massive empty calorie bombs

:hmmyes:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

All I want is family mart style meals in the US.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Also it’s not just calorie count. It’s vegetable content, carbohydrate content, micronutrients, fiber.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

LOOTHSE THE TORTILLA

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Subway wraps five days a week for months is a good way to not want to eat fresh for a long while, OP

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
My holy grail is cheap AND healthy fast food or microwave dinners. Considering the economies of scale of buying and cooking in bulk vs buying individual ingredients and cooking for yourself I would hope such a thing was feasible, but alas.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
You can kind of do it at Taco Bell. Kind of.

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Doesn't exist here. :(

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I just buy a burger and eat it without the bun. You can get an Arby's roast beef in a bowl if you asked. There, a healthy tip from the lovable trash man Edgar.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

Also it’s not just calorie count. It’s vegetable content, carbohydrate content, micronutrients, fiber.

Power Menu Bowl either regular or veggie.

If you want that protein, double up on the chicken. Hold the avocado ranch sauce.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Boston Market has some good rotisserie chicken and the sides are a-ok though you should probably get the sides by the bucket instead of getting a plate since they can be stingy with how much they give you.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

AlexanderCA posted:

My holy grail is cheap AND healthy fast food or microwave dinners. Considering the economies of scale of buying and cooking in bulk vs buying individual ingredients and cooking for yourself I would hope such a thing was feasible, but alas.
I'm always irritated by that. Like it's pretty easy to make a huge delicious curry, and it's a meal you can freeze without it losing its deliciousness, and it's easy to pack into a single serving container because it's shapeless, and it costs me about $2 in ingredients per person-meal, why the gently caress can't I buy really good frozen curries for like $1.50 a meal because economies of scale. Instead I can get kinda bad frozen curries for like $3.50 a meal for the most part.
Trader Joes used to have a good shelf-stable eggplant curry for $2, but it got replaced with something poo poo.

(And yeah, sure, I could make more in one go and freeze it but then I'd have 10 meals of the exact same curry in the freezer, when I want to be able to have 10 different curries in the freezer.)

Edit: I could get more curry-per-money from a takeaway place near my house in the UK than I can from a frozen food section in the US.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

TV Zombie posted:

Boston Market has some good rotisserie chicken and the sides are a-ok though you should probably get the sides by the bucket instead of getting a plate since they can be stingy with how much they give you.

Is healthy fast food possible?

Yes, but also, order the Mashed Potatoes by the 16 ounce bucket.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Idk had a Carls jr chicken salad today and apparently it's only 320 cals?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

CaptainPsyko posted:

Is healthy fast food possible?

Yes, but also, order the Mashed Potatoes by the 16 ounce bucket.

Haha. I'm not sure how big their sides are but..they are pretty delicious and have comparatively healthier offerings than other fast food places.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Grilled chicken Wendy's sandwich hold the Mayo and get one of their salads as the side option. That's relatively healthy.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Jimmy johns lettuce wrap sammys are drat good

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

n8r posted:

Grilled chicken Wendy's sandwich hold the Mayo and get one of their salads as the side option. That's relatively healthy.

also a baked potato is better for you than than fries* for an in-between option

*I have no idea if this is accurate

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

roomforthetuna posted:

I'm always irritated by that. Like it's pretty easy to make a huge delicious curry, and it's a meal you can freeze without it losing its deliciousness, and it's easy to pack into a single serving container because it's shapeless, and it costs me about $2 in ingredients per person-meal, why the gently caress can't I buy really good frozen curries for like $1.50 a meal because economies of scale. Instead I can get kinda bad frozen curries for like $3.50 a meal for the most part.
Trader Joes used to have a good shelf-stable eggplant curry for $2, but it got replaced with something poo poo.

(And yeah, sure, I could make more in one go and freeze it but then I'd have 10 meals of the exact same curry in the freezer, when I want to be able to have 10 different curries in the freezer.)

Edit: I could get more curry-per-money from a takeaway place near my house in the UK than I can from a frozen food section in the US.

americans are scared of brown people food

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Stevie Lee posted:

also a baked potato is better for you than than fries* for an in-between option

*I have no idea if this is accurate

gently caress no it ain’t. Both fries and a baked potato are a whole loving potato. The oil is nowhere near as bad as the starch here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what about the butter on the potatoe [baked]