Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I only leash my dog when it's inside. Once we get outside he can do whatever the gently caress he wants. It's a compromise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Nooner posted:

i put my dog on a leash when i take him outside and also sometimes I carry him in a lil backpack if we are going on a longer walk so he doesnt get too tired (:

You should get a doggy stroller.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I used to work at a place that didnt want people having their dogs off a leash. I wasnt allowed to tell then to out their dog on a leash. I had to inform them that we would prefer it. They didnt have to leave if they said no. I wasnt allowed to ignore them.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Dogs are amazing and cute and cool. I am also loving terrified of dogs, genuine phobia. I will hide behind my 5'2" friend when there is a puppy around.

Leashing dogs is good, and I thank everyone who does it.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Colonel Cancer posted:

My parents were murdered by a 15 year old pug you monster
Then they deserved it! :p

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Pajser posted:

gently caress man, why aren't cats leashed? lighten up

outdoor cats kill tons of small animals and are bad for ecosystems

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
my doggies death count: 3 mousies, 2 birdies, sadly 2 escaped kitties. :(

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yo maybe stop letting your dog murder animals

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I had a very outdoorsy dare I say suburban hippie type friend who had a VERY well trained dog who would go on hikes and stay by his side, etc. The dog could carry a six pack of beers in a little vest thing for tailgate time.

Turns out it doesnt really matter how well trained your dog is off leash. This little guy got his back leg chomped by a pitbull because he got too close on accident. Its other peoples dogs just as much as your own. The pitbull owners were clearly dirtbags but my friend could've pulled his own boi back if he was on leash but it was too late. There's no reason for it really aside from some weird sense of satisfaction that dog owners get from treating their pet like their familiar.

I can sort of understand if you are out hiking, but I can't even count the amount of times I've turned a blind corner on a trail and some strange dog is standing there and I'm just like, "welp, sure hope I don't have to fight a dog today". Or the amount of dog poo poo just left on a lot of campsites and trails because people cant be hosed to walk a few feet off the trail and pick up after their dogs.

Dog owners in general are entitled as hell. Walking around with your dog off leash is like rocking a boombox on your shoulder instead of earbuds. You're the only one who feels cool, most other people are gonna be slightly annoyed by it.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Who What Now posted:

Yo maybe stop letting your dog murder animals

LOL JFC how many of those were other people's beloved family pets?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Lascivious Sloth posted:

What the gently caress

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

If you can't keep your animal from killing things it's probably best you stop entertaining the idea that you're responsible enough to be a pet owner of anything other than a lizard in a terrarium and even then I'd recommend against it to be safe.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I trained my dog for off leash walking so I can take him on hikes.

I carry the leash and if people are around I leash him up.

gently caress you.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

abigserve posted:

What the gently caress

in my house :(

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Do you bring home sacrifices to protect you and your family from this hellbeast?

Maybe try telling your dog you're going to the vet and then calling help.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You brought escaped cats into your house for you dog to kill? What's wrong with you?

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
yes

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
hes friendly!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I was in the garden with my cat in a walled off area and this big dog bust through mesh covering on the gate and attacked my cat, and my cat completely hosed up its face with her massive claws and send it running

so you should be leashing your dog to protect it from my cat

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

My dog was a highwayman
Along the sidewalks he did ride
With leash and collar by his side
Many a young bitch lost her tennis balls to his trade
Many of his poo poo piles left a smear on my spade
Some bastard drove over him in the spring of oh-five
But he is still alive

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Don’t worry, my murder dog only kills every other living thing I bring in the house. Other than that he’s really good!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Live, love pitbulls :keke:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If I leash my dog he’ll be within 5’ of me when he’s making GBS threads and neither of us care for that.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I've never had any problems not putting my dog on a leash. He only bites strangers.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Domestic dogs don't have a place in the natural order other than at man's side. They're monuments to our hubris and if you don't keep yours by your side (with a leash) then you both deserve whatever punishment the gods send you.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Plus if I kept him on a leash it'd be a lot harder for him to get away with making GBS threads in neighbors yards.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
Reading the cat/dog opinion threads here made me adopt the positions that all pet ownership is bad or questionable at best, because it apparently gives you some serious brainworms (quite literally in case of cats). It might not, but better not risk it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Joke's on you, I don't have pets and I'm still a nutjob :smug:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i used to go camping with this one group of friends and there was a couple that would always let their dog wander around. it would immediately go to another campsite and start eating their food and take a dump.

im vague on the details but he ended up getting shot by a hunter while the owner was riding around on a 4 wheeler in the woods. poor dog.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

1redflag posted:

My dog was a highwayman
Along the sidewalks he did ride
With leash and collar by his side
Many a young bitch lost her tennis balls to his trade
Many of his poo poo piles left a smear on my spade
Some bastard drove over him in the spring of oh-five
But he is still alive

:perfect:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
here in florida it amazes me the number of people who leave their dog unleased

we literally have coyotes roaming around in the cities here licking their lips at the free meals; like I saw one on my walk a few days ago just chilling at the graveyard I walk by

I seriously need to get a knife or some pepper spray for my graveyard jog; drat coyote is ruining my exercise routine :argh:

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
My wife used to be a vet tech and she saw a lot of dogs injured by traffic because they were off-leash and bolted into the street for whatever reason. Every distraught dog owner would invariably be all "I don't understand, they've never done this before" but that misses the point, dogs are unpredictable and you leash them to keep them safe from even the one time they do something stupid.

So she gets really mad at the non-leashers.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Desperate Character posted:

here in florida it amazes me the number of people who leave their dog unleased

we literally have coyotes roaming around in the cities here licking their lips at the free meals; like I saw one on my walk a few days ago just chilling at the graveyard I walk by

I seriously need to get a knife or some pepper spray for my graveyard jog; drat coyote is ruining my exercise routine :argh:

I see coyotes where I live pretty often, I don't think there's any documented attacks on people where small dogs or children aren't involved :shrug:

Just don't look edible I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I trained my dog for off leash walking so I can take him on hikes.

I carry the leash and if people are around I leash him up.

gently caress you.

Well that clearly isn't the scenario op is describing so cool good for you, sam