Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

They should just skin cyberpunk to be the matrix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Poohs Packin posted:

They should just skin cyberpunk to be the matrix

see that woman in the red dress? see how she's robotically standing upright with her arms pointing straight out at 90 degree angles? that's how you know you're in the matrix

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Mac and Cheese posted:

see that woman in the red dress? see how she's robotically standing upright with her arms pointing straight out at 90 degree angles? that's how you know you're in the matrix

You notice how when you got out of the cab you couldn't hang up your cellphone and were teleported into a building that doesn't exist and then fell through what you THOUGHT was the street? You think that's AIR you're breathing?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

They call me Johnny Matrixhands

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why would they remake saints row 4?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
wow I didnt even know they made a max payne 3

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

wow I didnt even know they made a max payne 3

It's really good

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

https://youtu.be/MuFM90tjOVg

It has this really terrible song in it

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

sigher posted:

They shouldn't even be making more films, to hell with more games.

They should be working on technology to unmake the two sequels.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

SEX. AHORA

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

https://youtu.be/MuFM90tjOVg

It has this really terrible song in it

:dance:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Matrix vs Predator

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I'm with you OP. They should. Unfortunately I don't think anyone knows how to make games anymore. It seems like most game studios are top-heavy in management class people who don't really do any real work or coding, and things are cobbled together through an ecosystem of game engines and game engine store assets. The few who are unfortunate enough to be competent end up being over-worked to exhaustion then fired... so, while I definitely think it would be cool to have a new matrix game where you were able to have a unique immersive experience, we'd probably just get another cyberpunk 2077 style disappointment-- Neo could summon a GTA style car, I guess, and maybe climb a tour to unlock things on a map, things like this. I don't think they should do that though, they should make it cool and good, but I'm not sure anyone can. Either way, I agree, they should make a new one.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I hosed da matrix

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
imagine four matrices on the edge of a cliff

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I guess just play shadowrun the matrix pretty much stole a ton of poo poo from it.

I do want a (press b to eat steak and pontificate on the nature of reality) cutscene though

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
the matrix was loving incredible to my 12 year old brain and if somebody had made an actually good game while the hype for the franchise was high it would be one of those things you see on Steam now like ah poo poo I remember that game. and it turns out it's still fuckin cool today. and you feel a little bit of your teenage self in there again, and for a while you get to have a moment for yourself where it's actually okay to think people in slick trenchcoats doing cool karate moves and shooting guns everywhere is fun and good. you don't have to make insecure ironic jokes about it to convince your friends and fellow posters you're not a loser with the worst flaw of all - bad taste. it owns. it's not ashamed to be what it is. it's Pure.

but that's not the world we got.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i just saw that the matrix has a 5.5 on imdb. Do all these people think they're too cool for the matrix? Because they're not.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I would have ficked the whole Matrix up if it were up to me

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

There's very little linear algebra in this matrix movie

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Can't believe the devs nerfed Induce Orgasm it's a loving trash tier skill now

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

rain dogs posted:

they shouldnt even make a new matrix movie. that franchise is deader than star wars

Speaking of dead franchises, the Magic Mike franchise is shockingly dormant

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Welp, ganked loading into Sewage Tunnels again. Same rear end in a top hat as usual chain casting Induce Orgasm at the zone entrance before you fully load in, and then all his little buddies beat you to death with sticks as your character writhes helplessly on the ground in ecstasy.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
The best but about the matrix game was when the Wachowskis appeared and explained that the movies ending wasn't videogamey enough, so they rewrote it.

Then we see the final battle but all the agent smiths jump on each other's shoulders to form a giant agent smith and pull a pair of sunnies off a billboard and place it on their face.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
oh, and when you defeat agent smith it plays we are the champions by queen

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
incase you thought I was joking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1XhcSyVr-A

Isometric Bacon fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 19, 2021

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The Bramble posted:

Casting Induce Orgasm on Agent Smith, he keels over midfight and gets trashed by Morpheus Flying Knee move

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Matrix 4 but get M Night Shyamalan to direct it.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

The Bramble posted:

It's ok you can still hack people's buttholes shut

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

"We salute your excellence in the gaming field" :allears:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Making yourself really big in a dodge-tank system seems counterproductive.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

hi im neo and welcome to matrix!!!

*plays jackass theme song*

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
[Neo voice]: I'm in

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
There is a matrix online server emulator

https://mxoemu.info/

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Half of the tension in the Matrix was having to find a specific payphone somewhere in the city while avoiding the Agents, how's this gonna work when everyone has a smartphone with wifi access.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They had phones in the original. They needed a hard-line for some reason (location accuracy?).

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

HardKase posted:

There is a matrix online server emulator

https://mxoemu.info/

in as Kneeoh

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

This should be the sub title of "MATRIX IV"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

goatface posted:

They had phones in the original. They needed a hard-line for some reason (location accuracy?).

You've got it correct, and yet they used cell phones all the time none of it made sense, I think the 'hard line phones' were supposed to be tethered, wired connections to the 'real' world but that doesn't make sense since their boats or whatever float around and aren't actually connected to anything, I mean think about it, you'd need a wireless signal for them to communicate back to their home base one way or the other, why you'd need a 'Dr. Who' style phone to get 'out' makes no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
you can't transmit the soul over a wireless connection, only via twisted pair copper, that's laid out in the bible and the biblical passage is referenced by the merovingian in part 2