Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Resident Evil: Doom House

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poohs Packin posted:

Resident Evil: Doom House

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sure the movies are bad but Milla Jovovich needs to put food on the table too

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Treecko posted:

Hit me up when they do the RE2 one. Unless there's Leons and Burk I don't have the energy to care.

Jk I am 100% going to watch this. The first films should have followed the lore too.

This is basically 1 and 2 combined from what I've seen. Leon and Claire end up at the mansion.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
TBH the laser gate, the robot voice, and the soundtrack were the biggest stars of the 1st movie.

When netflix spinoff?

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008

Vampire Panties posted:

TBH the laser gate, the robot voice, and the soundtrack were the biggest stars of the 1st movie.

When netflix spinoff?

Every time I have to go into the crawl space I still say "you're all going to die down here" and I didn't even like the movie

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
It's been almost 20 years (!!) since I saw the first Resident Evil movie but I remember actually liking it okay overall and my main frustration was how little time it spent in the mansion.

I had hopes for the second one as it brought in more familiar characters and settings, but when Milla Jovovich started pulling combos on Nemesis (and gained psychic powers at the end?!) I knew the movies had committed to going in some... other direction. Only saw bits and pieces of the rest

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

This is an angle I hadn't considered!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Milla Jovovich movies own tho

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ya I loved the one where she stabbed some bad guys with a katana and also shot them in a vague futuristic dystopia

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

One time Milla Jovovich showed me her boobs behind the shed and she told me not to tell anyone but now I am but whatever she totally did

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Sure the movies are bad but Milla Jovovich needs to put food on the table too

I think the first one is watchable

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I liked the one where Mila ended up in Atlantis and the T-Virus infected the merpeople there

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

deep dish peat moss posted:

I liked the one where Mila ended up in Atlantis and the T-Virus infected the merpeople there

I cried during sex after that one. Too real.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I had resident evil 2 on the play station but i didnt play it because it was roo hard and scary the zombies always ate me and i died 2 spoopy ):

Anyways, i would totes go see this movie if thst hot chick was still in it tho she was mad bangable

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've only seen bits and pieces of the films but from what I saw... I'd be willing to believe that.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I checked out Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City, and enjoyed me some good ol' honest B-movie horror fun. The movie looks great on the big screen (even the moments with iffy effects work feel like they're part of the visual flavor) and I appreciate the movie keeps a straight face for as long as it does, only getting tongue-in-cheek at the end (I would've preferred it keep it strictly sincere the whole way, but I admit it was amusing regardless) and a couple comic relief moments.

Full disclosure: I almost literally wrote this movie back in the day, with serious overly-ambutious plans to submit a spec script to Constatin Film with exactly this movie's RE1&2-running-in-parallel setup (I even had Claire as the protagonist, too) just before they went ahead with the first Jovovich film. Watching this movie was pretty cathartic so I obviously have a huge bias!

Though seeing it firsthand does make me realize that maybe cutting between the two storylines possibly wasn't 100% the brilliant idea my younger self thought, as it sometimes feels like they're just interrupting each other. It also lead to some streamlining of the cast - Wesker and Barry have been composited into a single character, for instance, and fans of Leon and Jill might not be too keen to see these two headliners in other games used as this movie's Hudson and Vasquez.

But hey, it's genuine live-action Resident Evil on the big screen. I didn't know I still needed this in my life... hell, I still don't know if I did, but I'm glad I got it anyway.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Stray observation: there's a surprising amount of gratuitous beefcake in this movie. There are attractive women too, but only the men get treated like sex objects. One moment in particular features a naked Wesker grunting and writhing in pain and the way the camera frames him it almost looks like he's having an orgasm.

My guess is either the filmmaker(s) tastes leaked onto the film or some market research revealed that this had particular appeal to Resident Evil fans.

Not saying there's anything wrong with it! Just something I noticed is all.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Stray observation: there's a surprising amount of gratuitous beefcake in this movie. There are attractive women too, but only the men get treated like sex objects. One moment in particular features a naked Wesker grunting and writhing in pain and the way the camera frames him it almost looks like he's having an orgasm.

My guess is either the filmmaker(s) tastes leaked onto the film or some market research revealed that this had particular appeal to Resident Evil fans.

Not saying there's anything wrong with it! Just something I noticed is all.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

the trailer for this looked really fun and i want to see it. i've never been a super huge fan of the RE series despite grabbing them all through the years in various sales, i finally beat RE7 and REmake last year during the pandemic and they were honestly pretty cool

one of my college roommates though was an *insane* RE nerd so i picked up a bunch of game lore junk through osmosis, i know they would have squealed like an idiot the first time "ITCHY...TASTY" showed up during the teaser

i only ever saw one of the original movies (Apocalypse) and only once at that but close to two decades later i still remember a few dumb quotes from it

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I looked this up, never got around to Resident Evil 5. Does the rest of the game have this John Williams-sounding music in it?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I checked out Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City, and enjoyed me some good ol' honest B-movie horror fun. The movie looks great on the big screen (even the moments with iffy effects work feel like they're part of the visual flavor) and I appreciate the movie keeps a straight face for as long as it does, only getting tongue-in-cheek at the end (I would've preferred it keep it strictly sincere the whole way, but I admit it was amusing regardless) and a couple comic relief moments.

Full disclosure: I almost literally wrote this movie back in the day, with serious overly-ambutious plans to submit a spec script to Constatin Film with exactly this movie's RE1&2-running-in-parallel setup (I even had Claire as the protagonist, too) just before they went ahead with the first Jovovich film. Watching this movie was pretty cathartic so I obviously have a huge bias!

Though seeing it firsthand does make me realize that maybe cutting between the two storylines possibly wasn't 100% the brilliant idea my younger self thought, as it sometimes feels like they're just interrupting each other. It also lead to some streamlining of the cast - Wesker and Barry have been composited into a single character, for instance, and fans of Leon and Jill might not be too keen to see these two headliners in other games used as this movie's Hudson and Vasquez.

But hey, it's genuine live-action Resident Evil on the big screen. I didn't know I still needed this in my life... hell, I still don't know if I did, but I'm glad I got it anyway.

Full disclosure: you're the worst poster on the forums. Shut your yap.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Big Beef City posted:

Turn on your monitor

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

keep trying buddy, maybe THIS time you’re an obnoxious no-content shithead it’ll be funny

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

"Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City" promises to be lovely in an authentically Resident Evil way and not just a "Milla Jovovich stars in another one of her husband's random action movies" way.

https://imdb.com/title/tt6920084/

why would anyone wanna watch this without Mila.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rockman Reserve posted:

keep trying buddy, maybe THIS time you’re an obnoxious no-content shithead it’ll be funny

one day it might dawn on you that I'm not trying to be funny.

Where as Sidney here puts a lot of effort into posts that suck rear end.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

one day it might dawn on you that I'm not trying to be funny.

okay well then if you’re actually this stupid and miserable all the time that actually is pretty hilarious so carry on

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rockman Reserve posted:

okay well then if you’re actually this stupid and miserable all the time that actually is pretty hilarious so carry on

Have another probation melting down defending South Park. This will teach me the central tenants of how not to be stupid and miserable, Obi Wan.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

And so I wake in the morning and I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream from the top of my lungs
"What's going on?"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Gettin sassy in here

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

Where as Sidney here puts a lot of effort into posts that suck rear end.

Hey it's the 2020s, alot of folks are into rear end sucking especially when a lot of effort is put into it, don't judge.

Sentinel posted:

Half the movie will realistically show the tracking down of keys for doors in highly inconvenient locations.

McGavin posted:

The line "You were almost a Jill sandwich!" better be in this movie.

Both of these get shout-outs.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Extra row of tits posted:

This looks like a cheap Netflix movie and will have zero appeal to the public.

Called it.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Big Beef City posted:

One time Milla Jovovich showed me her boobs behind the shed and she told me not to tell anyone but now I am but whatever she totally did

I don't think those qualify as boobs.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Hasselblad posted:

I don't think those qualify as boobs.

Woah we got a boob expert here

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Nooner posted:

I had resident evil 2 on the play station but i didnt play it because it was roo hard and scary the zombies always ate me and i died 2 spoopy ):

Anyways, i would totes go see this movie if thst hot chick was still in it tho she was mad bangable

Nooners last sentence is really all that needs to be stated and I think the thread can close

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
I liked the Milla Jovovich movies

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
the new one isn't available on a streaming service yet so i put on the first jovo movie, gonna marathon the first two maybe

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Before watching these movies you should eat psychedelics and then go do something else.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
About this bad house, this residence of evil, that people inadvertently enter much to their own detriment; I think it should be condemned. I'm sure there's a local council that would be more than happy to sign what ever legal documents that need to be signed to have it torn down if they were informed of its negative effects on local health rates not to mention land values.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
i completely forgot that Coal Chamber of all bands is on the Resident Evil movie OST