Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

I didn't learn about necrotizing fasciitis until I started working in the operating room. It's just not something that people talk about or something? But we dealt with it a ton and yeah it can kill. People would get it from little splinters or just swimming in a pond with a little cut and then in a couple of days it just starts liquifying your soft tissues under the skin at an alarming rate. A sweet source of existential dread. Flesh eating disease just... all over the place everywhere.

Yeah, i had like rollicking night terrors while i was in continuing care where i would wake up and take swings at staff or the IV with the antibiotics, cause of that loving wound. poo poo is probably the most traumatic nightmarish thing ive gone through other than having my braincase bashed in in 6th grade.

Also the sepsis and being sick basically undid 3 years of rehab as far as stamina and ability to walk around went. Im basically at square one on that after having a coronary 3 years ago.

I dunno, 2020 sucked real bad,, 2021 has tried to kill me and two family members with a lot thrown at us, im guessing 2022 is when an asteroid hits earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Wish it was you?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My right ankle hurts all the time which sucks cuz I walk to and from work and also stand also day cooking

drat!

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I got severe Ulcerative Colitis to the point where food couldn't pass thru anymore. Was hospitalized for 2 months with a procedure to remove some of my intestines and colon. Now have a colostomy bag. I had lost so much weight the surgeon took 3 tries closing my belly up as he "had nothing to work with". Have a deep scar running from center of chest down to my waist, it's like an inch wide.
Ended up tearing my connection to the stoma (parastomal hernia) due to heavy lifting from the only job that responded. Dealt with it until a small hole opened in my center scar and started leaking blood and a discharge. Eventually got so sick, I had waste now coming out of the hole and collapsed at work.
More surgery, had to go to Boston for it and they re-sited the stoma to the other side of my stomach. So my shirt never comes off in public.
Now it's a no pain meds/alcohol as I got some kidney damage from getting dehydrated due to my stoma using a lot of my moisture. I manage better now but have low kidney function.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I low sided my moto and slapped my left knee into the pavement. No break or tears but a nasty bone bruise that gets inflamed every now and then resulting in what feels like a super tight patella. I have had xrays and mri confirming that it's not broken or tissue damage. It will be fine for months at a time and then come back for a half a week. Icing and rolling/stretching and anti inflammatory pills work, but I have to be on top of it.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
The first 15 minutes after i wake up are thr worst 15 minutes of my life

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Pancreas don't work so I'm a diabetic. Currently eating a chocolate bar btw.

In High school Auto shop class, I hosed my back up and herniated a couple discs. Hasn't bothered me for a while, but there was a time when I pretty much had back pain for over a year straight.

I have "uncountable" numbers of tumors on my kidneys. Both of them. According to the biopsy they did on one of those tumors, 'they' are not cancerous.

Just had an ultrasound a couple weeks ago and get to find out in another 2 weeks or so if they have grown or not.

Apparently, there are so many of them, that if they tried to remove all of them I would pretty much be left with no kidneys.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Strained my Achilles driving a few months ago. Around the house, it's fine, but I'm having to wear an ankle brace if I'm driving for more than 30 minutes or on my feet for any length of time.

Glaucoma runs on my mom's side of the family. I have a feeling my days of not having eye trouble will soon end.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Torn bone in left knee and right ankle from a freak unicycle event when I was in my early teens

Sciatica and a lifelong slight limp on my right hip

Low blood pressure so I need to be careful yawning or I will pass out

A tic disorder that doesn't help the sciatica or my dignity when I'm out and about

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
goons with sciatica, i cured mine by rigorously exercising on an elliptical everyday. its gets your hip/butt muscles big as if you were running without the physical spinal shocks of stomping down on your legs.

for disclosure i was in my twenties at the time, ymmv.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
This is what my left scapula looked like AFTER it healed.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

EA Sports posted:

goons with sciatica, i cured mine by rigorously exercising on an elliptical everyday. its gets your hip/butt muscles big as if you were running without the physical spinal shocks of stomping down on your legs.

for disclosure i was in my twenties at the time, ymmv.

I've been having success with regular Thai massage/ physio /aided stretches and regularly bike riding

Gone from being a grumpy gently caress that was self medicating to being a chill person who sometimes sleeps through the night

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
loving some of the oldass reg dates in this thread

I've never had any major injury or illness but i'm discovering that protracted high stress wrecks all your poo poo pretty thoroughly, and the lack of any true bodily adversity has made me a huge baby

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Not my dick :(

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

My right shoulder is constantly in a flux state between being kind of sore and gasping in pain agony because my son weighs nearly 40 pounds and constantly needs to get picked up and carried because "no no no I no wear pants to school today HOW DARE YOU TRY TO PUT PANTS ON ME" or he's just too ornery to climb up the stairs himself.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Tarkus posted:

I have sciatica in my right leg that gets worse as the day goes on. I thought I found the key to getting rid of it but I was wrong. The pain is excruciating some days.

Inversion table was the only thing that helps me with nerve pain in my back and legs.

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!

Dixville posted:

My right side of my jaw pops every time i chew. Sometimes it hurts pretty bad. Especially if i try to eat something chewy. Right now it's not hurting but it seems to come and go at random.

Hey this is from a couple of pages back, but if you have dental insurance go see a dentist. I had this same problem, and eventually my mouth just got stuck open. Dentist fixed the issue and gave me a weird retainer to wear at night that keeps my jaw in place. She said if I didn't do that my mouth could get permanently hosed - stuck open and in constant, agonizing pain.

Progject
Apr 23, 2006

Hector Delgado posted:

I got severe Ulcerative Colitis to the point where food couldn't pass thru anymore. Was hospitalized for 2 months with a procedure to remove some of my intestines and colon. Now have a colostomy bag. I had lost so much weight the surgeon took 3 tries closing my belly up as he "had nothing to work with". Have a deep scar running from center of chest down to my waist, it's like an inch wide.
Ended up tearing my connection to the stoma (parastomal hernia) due to heavy lifting from the only job that responded. Dealt with it until a small hole opened in my center scar and started leaking blood and a discharge. Eventually got so sick, I had waste now coming out of the hole and collapsed at work.
More surgery, had to go to Boston for it and they re-sited the stoma to the other side of my stomach. So my shirt never comes off in public.
Now it's a no pain meds/alcohol as I got some kidney damage from getting dehydrated due to my stoma using a lot of my moisture. I manage better now but have low kidney function.

Woah. drat.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Wrist tendonitis for the last year. I work as a programmer, I switched mouse hands but it's still hosed. I fear it'll never recover.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Though I had some hosed up muscles here and there, but after 3 pages of reading about Goons’ destroyed bodies, turns out I’ relativelt a-ok.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

I have a fairly rare condition called radioulnar synostosis, in which the bones in my forearms are fused together at the elbow. Because my radius can’t rotate around the ulna, I effectively can’t rotate my forearms. I manage to compensate mostly using my shoulder, but I look super loving goofy doing things like eating with silverware, turning keys, accepting change, etc.

I had to have surgery on each arm as a teenager because my elbow joints grew out all hosed up, and the head of my radius would actually catch in my elbow and lock my arm up. Doctors had no idea what was going on until we did some very specific imaging, and I ended up having the radial head excised from each arm. My doctor explained that my arms are set in a pretty neutral position, whereas some people with this condition have their arms more or less locked palms up or down. There is a surgical procedure to separate the radius and ulna, but when I was talking to my doctor about it he told me it has a high failure rate and is really only worth the risk for people whose arms aren’t neutral like mine.

Learning this made a lot of sense. I had played basketball as a teenager, but couldn’t shoot a ball properly. I had tried playing violin in 4th grade and wasn’t able to hold it properly without being extremely uncomfortable. I can play guitar and keyboard, although keyboard gets a little uncomfortable after a while, so I’m fairly content. It’s never really been an issue for me at work or anything. I’ve had some neuropathy in my right arm for several years now and am probably going to develop carpal tunnel syndrome at some point. I’ve got a little arthritis in my shoulders from using them to compensate so much.

Anyway there’s my hosed up body part, thanks for reading and I am jealous of all you non-hosed up arm havers

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
herniated disc at L5-S1 corrected by a microdiscectomy but every few years something will gently caress it up (like coughing) and I'll wind up on the floor for a day and then it will take 2 weeks and PT to start walking again

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Getting a laser retinopexy. Right now.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
My tummy hurts from eating too much mashed potatoes. It'll probably be fine in an hour or so. A lot of goons itt have it pretty bad but you can't even imagine how much potato i ate

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I have tinnitus in both ears, my right shoulder is droops a bit and I don't know why, but I tend to have pain in my muscles on the right side of my back in one specific spot if I'm at the computer too long typing or playing games.

I'm also very ugly.

FlapjackMcKnuckles
Jan 26, 2010

The left side of my body is pretty hosed, currently on week 7 of recovery after my brain decided to have its own period. I’m in my mid 30’s, had a hemorrhagic stroke that paralyzed everything on my left. I was totally healthy beforehand, save a lifetime of pretty regular migraines. Not 100% sure of the cause, but the best guess now is arteriovenous malformation- aka, bunch of hosed up, weak veins in my braincase. Still have more imaging to do.

Good news is that my left side function and sensation has been steadily coming back. I can walk well with a leg brace, and I’m improving every day. Arm is like a rubber Barbie arm, but even that is getting better. It’s kinda like weight lifting, starting from zero, with a constant feeling of pins and needles in my left limbs.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Icochet posted:

My tummy hurts from eating too much mashed potatoes. It'll probably be fine in an hour or so. A lot of goons itt have it pretty bad but you can't even imagine how much potato i ate

Hang in there, you can beat this!!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Neurological pain means everything is hosed up and I don't know why yet. Stomach, chest, legs, even my tongue. No inflammation anywhere, no markers of any kind of disease, sugar seems fine. Going to see a proper neurologist but most likely just gonna be told "Post-covid, we don't know why your poo poo is hosed". That or MS or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
this was all self inflicted, apparently.

I had a penchant for the headache powders in the morning. Helped with the head, and had some caffiene.

Well, too much of that will tear up your stomach and intestines. I collapsed at work, because I had been bleeding from my lower intestine for about a week and a half. I had a BP of like 70/40 when they came to pick me up. I had lost 2 liters of blood. After about a 4-5 day stay in the hospital I was right as rain. But now, no more headache powders, no more Motrin. Aleve, any of that. Only asprin.

I had passed out the weekend before and slammed my head into the toilet, but uh.. Just kind of assumed poo poo happens. But no, I was slowly bleeding to death without knowing it. I'm fine now, at least!

It's gross, but if you poop black, and you can't place why, get yourself checked out. There are a lot of things that can turn your poop black. Just be aware. Pepto, blueberries, soy sauce, uhhh, and some other things. I was pooping black for about two weeks before poo poo (hah) hit the fan.

e - for clarity, if you're bleeding internally, it'll turn your feces black.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 4, 2021