Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
That dog loving owns

e: The dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Me, when I haven't had enough sleep.

No, I'm lying, it's me the rest of the time, too. It's like my monitor's not even on.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

edogawa rando posted:

Has there been a thing about pitbulls recently in America or wherever?

somehow a pitbull got aboard the iss and killed the first child astronaut.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

flubber nuts posted:

somehow a pitbull got aboard the iss and killed the first child astronaut.

Oh no! Is the child astronaut OK?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Even ignoring that they're the most dangerous breed by a VERY wide lead, they're ugly as poo poo

You could have got a cuddly golden retriever or something, but no, you got the "badass" looking one because you've been convinced that's the macho choice

Naturally, they're the most popular dog with trashy people

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Even ignoring that they're the most dangerous breed by a VERY wide lead, they're ugly as poo poo

You could have got a cuddly golden retriever or something, but no, you got the "badass" looking one because you've been convinced that's the macho choice

Naturally, they're the most popular dog with trashy people

Golden retrievers all get cancer.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

theyre dogs op

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
The only ethical way to dispose of unwanted children.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Wizard... Master?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I LOVE MY PITTY THERES NO BETTER DOG BREED ON THE PLANET MY LITTLE PIT BABY IS NAMED ALFA ROMEO AND HES JUST THE MOST LOVING PROTECTOR A GAL COULD HAVE AND HE JUST RUNS AROUND IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND HES ONLY BIT SOMEONE TWICE BUT THEY WERE PLAYING BASKETBALL TOO CLOSE TO HIM HES MY EVERYTHING AND IF YOU DONT LIKE PITBULLS YOUVRE GONNA HAVE SONE REAL PROBLRMS.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Here's a picture of a dangerous Pitbull

Haha, just kidding it's a picture of the musical artist "Pitbull" hahaha

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I’m embarrassed to say I liked this band when I was in high school because just look at this song and video
https://vimeo.com/77533457

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Euthanize all pits in shelters.
Make a law that any pit owner must carry documentation stating their pit has been spayed/neutered. Heavy fines and dog is impounded and spayed/neutered at owners expense.
Any pit that shows up at a vet doesn't get to leave until it is spay/neutered.
There will be no licensed breeders of pits.

The problem will be gone in 10 years or so.

Yes, there are lots of good pits.
But there are a lot of pits that all of a sudden, out of nowhere, randomly attack things after being a good pit for years. Sometimes even the owner with no provocation.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Oh my mom has a deaf pitbull also, who was used as a breeding dog. I strongly told her not to get it but she is a bleeding heart. I’m waiting for the day the dog randomly bites her

I won’t bring my wife around my moms house lmao

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think he's Miami's favourite son OP. Was a really good sport doing a walmart concert in Alaska.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
There are fewer tiger attacks than pitbull attacks, ergo we should all own tigey boys.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't think i'd eat one. i'm pretty sure i'd need some serious coercing (violence, massive payment) or extreme circumstances (e.g. starvation) to even consider it.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i don't think i'd eat one. i'm pretty sure i'd need some serious coercing (violence, massive payment) or extreme circumstances (e.g. starvation) to even consider it.

Two dollars to lick it

Ten dollars to touch your nuts to it

(I don't make the rules)

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
If your defense of a breed is "they're wonderful dogs, they just need a good owner in order to not become chaotic murder machines", it is not in fact a particularly good breed. Plenty of breeds *not* predisposed to that.

That being said, most pitties are really nice, and they have a high level of confidence that can make them really, really sweet and sociable dogs. I don't generally associate them with making my job harder, which is my standard for which breeds suck.

German Shepherds can go gently caress themselves though. Neurotic, terrified animals that see everything as a threat every minute of their life. The perfect police dog in that respect.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I once approached an owner of a pit bull on a leash and asked if I could pet her.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Whether it's because of bad owners being more likely to own them, or because there's something in the breed that causes it, at the end of the day they seem to attack and maim kids and people more than other dogs. Whether I throw a cup of piss in your face, or piss directly onto your face from my wiener, at the end of the day you're still covered in my warm stinky piss.

So just ban them imo.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Any animal capable of inflicting fatal injury, easily, is not a pet.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Mr 305
Mr Worldwide

he doesn't play football but he's touched down everywhere

everywhere?

everywhere

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Cute and I want to kiss them op

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Cute and I want to kiss them op

YES THANK YOU KIND SIR BLESS YOU MY PITTY LOVES TO KISS AND CUDDLE

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I was a mailman for a year. Also FedEx for a year. I have been bitten by four dogs (nothing serious), none of which were pitbulls. Some dogs aggressively defend their homes. Most don't. City dogs are more aggressive than country dogs.

Also without fail every dog that acts super aggressive without their owner around will have an owner who says "they wouldn't hurt anyone" when they are present.

This 30lb guy gets rejected by apartments constantly.

Twigand Berries fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 22, 2022

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Well when someone owns a chimp and one day the chimp suddenly decides to rip the owner's face and cock plus balls off and replace the face with the cock and balls and vice versa using advanced machinery like in the 1997 movie Face/Off, we don't blame the chimp do we? That's an amazing feat of medical science it just did.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

MY chimp is a sweet little baby boy actually and he loves me and my family and he would nevAARAGHGHG OH GOD MY FACE AND GENITALS

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Love dogs but pit bulls suck rear end

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
dog breeds are dumb as hell

mutts for life

let the dogs bang

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Pimpcasso posted:

dog breeds are dumb as hell

mutts for life

let the dogs bang

hell yeah. my sister adopted a mutt from the streets of porto alegre in brazil and brought him back to the UK and he's a legend. just a top quality dog all round.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

AHH F/UGH posted:

They suck and so do the people who own them usually

Pimpcasso posted:

mutts for life

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit
Don't have a problem with pit bulls, but I do have a problem with the kind of people who get them.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sure they're ok if they have good owners but so many do not, and for whatever reason they hurt a lot of people, and all other dogs are great, so I have no issue with a ban

also i saw a little girl get her nose eaten off by one when I was a child so that colours my opinion.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MassiveSky posted:

Don't have a problem with pit bulls, but I do have a problem with the kind of people who get them.

this seems p fair compromise

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

also while we're at it ban pugs imo.

cruel and sad af that they've been bred into being mutated little balls of health problems and suffering because people think it's cute.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
They're very ugly dogs. Absolutely unlovable even if they're chill

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Like looking into a god drat mirror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't choose a pit bull as a pet because they are unfortunately used as rear end in a top hat signals and I don't want to signal that I am an rear end in a top hat

This is true of many things that are not inherently bad. There are nazi haircuts and fascist boot laces and cool symbols that are now hate speech and I don't want to display those things either even though the thing is not in any way intrinsically bad.

BigBadSteve posted:

:agreed: But there's zero reason to bring more pitbulls into the world, and ceasing to breed them would literally result in fewer small pet dogs torn apart and innocent children and adults maimed and killed.

"Oh but my dear poochie pitbull wouldn't hurt a fly, so all pitbulls are good, let's have more of them" is loving self-centred and moronic.

Banning breeding them doesn't mean putting down all existing ones, paranoid owners' opinions aside.

If you have a pitbull, get it desexed, ffs.

I have thought about it and agree with this take.