Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/839422729120006145

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/jasoncolebr/status/839344691283963904

he gone

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Wow are they expecting Dak to crash that hard/

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/839438375866220544

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/839437890052554752

Redskins west

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Holy poo poo they really are Redskins west, awful owner and decades away past of glory included. They both even had a QB who ran all over the league in 2012 and then went belly up.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/839446942023368705

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/839444980942966784

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Agreed. Kinda expect the Dolphins to try the comp picks route again this year. If Stills gets >$10m and Branch gets $8m, that could be a 3rd and a 4th if they can manage to avoid ufas to full the rest of the roster.

I'm just curious who they might be targeting, given the numerous holes and lots of cap room even after extensions for Landry and Alonso (and hopefully Sims)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

Agreed. Kinda expect the Dolphins to try the comp picks route again this year. If Stills gets >$10m and Branch gets $8m, that could be a 3rd and a 4th if they can manage to avoid ufas to full the rest of the roster.

I'm just curious who they might be targeting, given the numerous holes and lots of cap room even after extensions for Landry and Alonso (and hopefully Sims)

I think we will be slow movers in free agency. Like maybe one bigger signing and then a bunch of bargain hunting.

The mantra repeated by the front office and Gase is, "We aren't going to be the team that wins free agency anymore. It doesn't work."

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They've been upfront about trying to get a starting guard in FA though.

I'm fully expecting a trade for CB though. If only a LB were available

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Is this the same Andre Branch that was drafted by the Jaguars and was shitawful for his entire tenure there?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Is this the same Andre Branch that was drafted by the Jaguars and was shitawful for his entire tenure there?

Yeah he had a decent year for us playing across from Suh and Wake (imagine that!)

He ain't worth 9m per year tho

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/839464918386638848

https://twitter.com/JasonColeBR/status/839451712498847744

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

I think we will be slow movers in free agency. Like maybe one bigger signing and then a bunch of bargain hunting.

The mantra repeated by the front office and Gase is, "We aren't going to be the team that wins free agency anymore. It doesn't work."

Agree again. I'm just not sure who they'd go for. I mean, if Stills is getting $10m and the top guards are getting $9m, I'm totally fine with throwing $12m at hightower and signing 3 bushrod style canny vets at guard.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

shirts and skins posted:

I still can't believe Kenny Britt got over 1000 passing yards on the Rams last year. I have a hard enough time believing the Rams even had 1000 passing yards.
Don't you mean receiving yards or am I getting whooshed

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

The Patriots? :psyduck:

Have they ever blown that kind of money on a free agent WR in recent history?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ehud posted:

Yeah he had a decent year for us playing across from Suh and Wake (imagine that!)

He ain't worth 9m per year tho

Yeah well overpaying dolphins pass rushers seems to be the new thing.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Tom Brady needs guys who can rack up YAC and make him look good.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Volkerball posted:

Tom Brady needs guys who can rack up YAC and make him look good.

I don't know, that's really been a losing formula for them.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The Patriots are paying Tom like a million dollars this year, right? Just use that money for a one year deal with Jackson and see if they can get another Martellus Bennet, if that exists. Or they might be picking up a running back and shoring up the line.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Don't you mean receiving yards or am I getting whooshed

Yeah, that's the one, hahah. Kind of a critical distinction I guess?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Alter Ego posted:

How much was Moss earning when they traded for him?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
If DeSean becomes a Patriot I will finally be ready to believe he is a member of the crips.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How much was Moss earning when they traded for him?

He cost like a 7th tho

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Atrocious move.

Like seriously. I get he's probably a good locker room guy, but Jahleel Addae blows as a football player. He can't cover at all, and he's not that good of a Big Hitter either - he whiffs on tackles constantly and he's as liable to injure himself as he is the guy he's trying to blow up. He's not like fuckin Kam Chancellor or Rodney Harrison like the Chargers' FO pretends like he is; he's just a lovely player.

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 8, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/839484603786223617

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Curious to see the #s but I'm pleased.

edit: 2yrs, $12m. I dig it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Makes sense for both. Marshall didn't want to leave the New York area.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dang. That's a good deal.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

tarbrush posted:

It was a dumb rear end idea last year. The Dolphins don't have the depth to approach free agency that way- they've pretty much got to find key low to mid-end free agents and they can't narrow it down to guys who don't meet the formula.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

ODB, Marshall and Shepard is a pretty boss receiving corp. If they can address their oline with that defense, they could be a scary good team.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

wow I loving hate the Eagles gently caress

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

Dang. That's a good deal.

Yeah, that's a real smart signing.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Catfish Noodlin posted:

It was a dumb rear end idea last year. The Dolphins don't have the depth to approach free agency that way- they've pretty much got to find key low to mid-end free agents and they can't narrow it down to guys who don't meet the formula.

It is the only correct way to approach free agency if you want long-term sustainable success. That is my one gripe with how the Bears handle free agency. They aren't getting comp picks in return.

Name the big free agency players with Super Bowl rings in the last ten years?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Giants all of a sudden being Free Agent savants is strange and I don't like it.

Seriously last year is one of the best free agencies I can remember for any team.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Jets, the lovely loving Giants' farm team.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Sataere posted:

It is the only correct way to approach free agency if you want long-term sustainable success. That is my one gripe with how the Bears handle free agency. They aren't getting comp picks in return.

Blount is a pretty fat guy.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Alter Ego posted:

The Patriots are going to low-ball every big name they're connected with in free agency/trade rumors and sign none of them.

Then they're going to sign like 1,000 scrubs nobody cares about.

If 1-2 of them turn into nice role players everyone will declare them personnel super-geniuses again.

If they don't then everyone will forget the Patriots 2017 off-season ever happened at all.

That's pretty much how this works 90% of the time. :patssay:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sataere posted:

Darrelle Revis, Peyton Manning, Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, Charles Woodson, Anquan Boldin, and a whole bunch of B-tier guys.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Marshall finally gives the Giants the big-body threat they haven't had since before Hakeem Nicks totally broke down. Cool beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

sean10mm posted:

The Patriots are going to low-ball every big name they're connected with in free agency/trade rumors and sign none of them.

Then they're going to sign like 1,000 scrubs nobody cares about.

If 1-2 of them turn into nice role players everyone will declare them personnel super-geniuses again.

If they don't then everyone will forget the Patriots 2017 off-season ever happened at all.

That's pretty much how this works 90% of the time. :patssay:

The risk that Brady falls off a cliff has got to change the calculus a bit, no?

What I'm saying is JCharles 4.5mil make it so.

• Locked thread