Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

steyer keeps agreeing with sanders lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
gently caress you Liz

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.
This is a hell of a strategy from Tom. I'm honestly curious how it'll play out...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ManBoyChef posted:

this. This is absolutely true. thats exactly what I needed too. a soft place to land and someone to believe in me. It really helps to do the work because beating the cycle of homelessness and addiction is an incredibly difficult task. Locking people up in treatment is not helpful here.
People don't WANT to live in addiction and misery, it's just so much easier than the uphill battle. The middle class are starting to struggle now, I can't imagine how bad it is for someone who's legitimately homeless.

There's so many abandoned schools and hotels around in most cities, convert them into shelters. I don't understand why running a private prison should be more profitable than training a new workforce and having the gratitude from the people they've helped out pay it back.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

mcmagic posted:

Steyer spent 150 million dollars to try to be Bernie's friend. Vice President

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Steyer with the chair lol

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

You're goddamn right you have you agree with Bernie, Tom. Go nuts buddy

mcmagic posted:

Steyer spent 150 million dollars to try to be Bernie's friend.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
*Straight at camera, big smile* : "I gotta agree with Bernie Sanders"

Steyer-Bernie is some kind of tsundere thing I don't understand because I do not respect anime

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

Pictures of ballots are illegal and spoil it in my state. Check your laws.

I mean, cool and good that you made me double check I didn't include any information that could identify my ballot.

But I didn't. So SUCK IT VOTING POLICE!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I bet Tom Steyer drops out and endorses Bernie this week

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Yang zoning out

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Star Wars reference? Sorry boys, I'm jumping ship. Steyer 2020 !!!!

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

mcmagic posted:

Steyer spent 150 million dollars to try to be Bernie's friend.

I'd spend money to be Bernies friend, but I dont have too. I'm already his friend.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Bernie should say "If I can win over a billionaire and he wants to be my friend, why does anyone doubt me uniting this country?"

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Steyer: We can't be the Empire of the world, we have to be the baby Yoda of the world

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I think Steyer might like Bernie more than I do

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

It’s pretty funny that the only billionaire that wants to support Bernie seems to be Steyer.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I like the idea that Steyer is trying to replace Harris in the Senate. I'll take it. He should give away most of his wealth though.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

I'd spend money to be Bernies friend, but I dont have too. I'm already his friend.

I'm gonna donate annyways

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda
Vote for Amy!

Who does that?!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Can't believe Steyer said Bernie is a toydarian, racist af

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

That's actually a good zinger from Amy. No worries. There's no more where that is from.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

lmao at Kolobuchar's "who does that" about Trump twice in one answer.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

ignored itt as much as the primaries have ignored the issue

none of the candidates we currently have are well equipped to discuss Asian American issues imo, especially not in a way that will resonate with the demographic. politicians focus on black and Latino people bcs they have a long history of being represented in mainstream American debates about race inequality in a way that Asian Americans don't, bcs the latter are treated like model minorities most of the time regardless of actual conditions. it's dumb and should change

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

denmark doesn't have a king atm it's got a queen regnant

for shame klobb

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Steyer is absolutely setting up to run in California later

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Home alone trivia?!?!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Name dropping their senators again goddamn.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Why is Klob looking down at the edge of the stage for every statement, it's so goddamn awkward

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Hairy Marionette posted:

Vote for Amy!

Who does that?!

*smacks you in the face with a phone*

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hellblazer187 posted:

I like the idea that Steyer is trying to replace Harris in the Senate. I'll take it. He should give away most of his wealth though.

Good news!

Wikipedia posted:

In 2010, Steyer and his wife signed The Giving Pledge to donate half of their fortune to charity during their lifetime

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Klob workshopping some Trump material for her Netflix special

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

SirKibbles posted:

Steyer is absolutely setting up to run in California later

To primary copmala or take over for that dying sack of human poo poo?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Who is richer, Bloomberg or Steyer? Both are richer than Trump, right?

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
Stop defending the lovely trade deal, we already had a lovely trade deal.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I really feel like anyone trying to say anyone other than Bernie won this debate is going to look absolutely insane, however Steyer has come off really well. And Pete very obviously ate poo poo and weaseled around and got called on it.

This has gone incredibly well for Sanders. Really couldn't have hoped for better.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I know I have some bias but I feel like Sanders is lapping the competition here?

(I'm not counting 2% Steyer as competition).

Kirios fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 8, 2020

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Steyer doesn't want to be VP, he wants to be first dog. He just wants Bernie to pat his head and tell him he's a good boy. I love it.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It's probably because their victimization by systemic racism is not quite as clear-cut.

In what regard? Historically? Presently? You're gonna hafta downplay a whole lot of issues to sidestep it at any point in our timeline and yet we do constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

drat, Steyer has just been on fire. This has been a shockingly good debate for him...