Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The_Rob posted:

Cena refers to his titles as people? Cena, are you ok?

Cena and the titles are one. Soon they will fuse into a gestalt being made of gold, leather, and respect. "The Championship is here."

And then everyone dies screaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Little Mac posted:

Cena and the titles are one. Soon they will fuse into a gestalt being made of gold, leather, and respect. "The Championship is here."

And then everyone dies screaming.

The Championship opens its two gaping maws, and a blown out staticky version of Cena's theme plays at ear splitting levels. No one survives.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
At least this ppv gave us "The elbow is coming..." and "You can't see me, fella"...

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
Don't have the network so I didn't see the PPV but I think with Bryan on the shelf, Cena was the best person to win the belts given Rollins has the briefcase. Reigns is still too new to the singles scene and Sheamus is already US Champ. If Brock is scheduled to take the title from Cena at the next PPV, it's the perfect setup for Rollins to swoop in on an injured Cena after he wins the championship back.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Hammerstein posted:

At least this ppv gave us "The elbow is coming..." and "You can't see me, fella"...

I was also a fan of Ryback yelling "I still got it!" while he charged up for the meathook with the crowd chanting Feed Me More.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I like to think that WWE would have us believe that Damian Sandow was actually Paul Revere/Abe Lincoln/Susan B. Anthony ripped from time and they were actually really big jerks that deserved to be beaten up and humiliated.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

@JohnCena
Call up the interweb machine, tell em' it's time to hate us again #thechampishere
4:18 PM - 30 Jun 2014

Look how happy he is, you can really see how much the WWE championship means to him.

John Cena

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
John Cena is really cool and I'm glad he is WWE Champion.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Chris James 2 posted:

@JohnCena
Call up the interweb machine, tell em' it's time to hate us again #thechampishere
4:18 PM - 30 Jun 2014

That image is messing with my head. He looks like a flat standee.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
Guys I love John Cena

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

The_Rob posted:

Cena refers to his titles as people? Cena, are you ok?

I'm sure he's referring to the Cenation, you dense blockhead

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

EugeneJ posted:

I'm fine with Brock's title reign being dragged out to Wrestlemania, and Bryan can win the belt back then

WM's going to be a Brock-Taker rematch.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I was 95% sure Cena was going to win beforehand. When Kane was holding the ladder for Orton at the end I knew what was coming. Cena runs in as if nothing happens, double rapadoo and THE CHAMP IS HERE!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

There's no other logical payoff to Myclientbrocklesnarconqueredthestreak. That said, man, I like Taker but he looked like Father Time in the last match.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Here is my fantasy booking for tonight. Seth tries to cash in on Cena, Ambrose brutalizes Seth. Cena does a dumb THIS IS MY SERIOUS VOICE JACK promo against Ambrose for his poor sportsmanship. Ambrose brutalizes Cena.

e: but for realsies though, it'll be Cena and his new Lil Buddy Dean Ambrose vs Rollins, Orton, and Kane.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

projecthalaxy posted:

Here is my fantasy booking for tonight. Seth tries to cash in on Cena, Ambrose brutalizes Seth. Cena brutalizes Ambrose.

Then he cradles me in his strong giving arms

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

There's no other logical payoff to Myclientbrocklesnarconqueredthestreak. That said, man, I like Taker but he looked like Father Time in the last match.

That'll happen when you get a concussion in the first minute or so.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Not even that, he physically looked like he drank from the wrong Grail.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

projecthalaxy posted:

Here is my fantasy booking for tonight. Seth tries to cash in on Cena, Ambrose brutalizes Seth. Cena does a dumb THIS IS MY SERIOUS VOICE JACK promo against Ambrose for his poor sportsmanship. Ambrose brutalizes Cena.

e: but for realsies though, it'll be Cena and his new Lil Buddy Dean Ambrose vs Rollins, Orton, and Kane.

I really hope they keep Seth and Dean FAR away from Cena except in the case of Rollins cashing in and Dean jumping him; I know Cena tagging with Dean is supposed to give him a rub, but I just have a hard time buying Dean having any interest in being part of Cena's Superfriends.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

John Cena is the biggest heel of the decade.

Seriously this. I can't wait for Brock Lesnar to kick his rear end.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Renaissance Spam posted:

I really hope they keep Seth and Dean FAR away from Cena except in the case of Rollins cashing in and Dean jumping him; I know Cena tagging with Dean is supposed to give him a rub, but I just have a hard time buying Dean having any interest in being part of Cena's Superfriends.

eh, he gets to beat up seth rollins i'm sure he's game

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Renaissance Spam posted:

Being Cena's friend doesn't work well for most people. On paper it should legitimize them but usually it makes them the Usos.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Being Cena's friend doesn't work well for most people. On paper it should legitimize them but usually it makes them the Usos.

Normally I'd agree but I think the Usos have just been getting better and better and their current friendship with Cena has only been a help - their match with Harper and Rowan on the PPV was excellent.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

DeathChicken posted:

Not even that, he physically looked like he drank from the wrong Grail.

I think his age works with his gimmick, honestly. The problem is that he needs to knock off the stupid motorcycle riding for a while. When he first returned in 2014 with the goatee he was all old and pale and poo poo. Then on his next appearance he clearly had been riding all weekend and looked like a loving lobster all the way through WM30.

Also he needs to finish on a good match, if he seriously retires on that wet fart I am going to be steamed. I mean he doesn't even need to get very physical, just retire on a decent match storyline-wise.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
What the hell is a "rapadoo?" Like, I see what it means via context, but where did the word come from?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

RacistGuidingLight posted:

^^^ This

If they want to do the requisite "every story in the tag match" bit, let it happen later on with some more buildup; let teaming with Cena be Dean's only way to get his hands on Seth after weeks of being stymied. Then it's an alliance of convenience which fits Dean's persona as opposed to "Oh boy oh boy I get to be Cena's buddy for a month!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shine posted:

What the hell is a "rapadoo?" Like, I see what it means via context, but where did the word come from?

If I recall it's because the very first thing you hear in his theme, and thus when he wins, is RRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAPADOOOOOOO and since it sounds like (or means, gently caress I speak French ok?) 'rapid', and a Rapadoo win involves him basically coming from nowhere to suddenly win, it sounds funny.

edit: It mainly means 'cena won and I'm mad tho', though.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Shine posted:

Rapadoo is the first word in Cena's theme. Trumpets then "RRRRRRRRAPADOOOOOOOO". What is the definition? I don't know. Probably an old Spanish word for "guy that always wins".

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MUGAxpI0Bc

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Shine posted:

Nothing. The actual non-word, according to MOP's suit against WWE over the wholesale lifting of Ante Up's intro, is Brrrr ABADO which means nothing.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Glad to see the old scratch logo getting phased out. It stopped being cool in 2003. And I bet Cena will be on the cover, maybe Bryan.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
It's actually Amadou, a reference to the Amadou Diallo shooting in 1999. Gob Bless John Cena for helping to stamp out police brutality.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ante Up was a cool song when i was 10

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Liar Lyre posted:

Glad to see the old scratch logo getting phased out. It stopped being cool in 2003. And I bet Cena will be on the cover, maybe Bryan.

Stephanie McMahon is unveiling it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

god i hope triple h is on the cover

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Want to see some actual gameplay. Hope 2K has clamped down on quality control so we don't get another steaming pile of Yukes garbage.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Bryan as the cover would make sense outside of the kayfabe 'holding Bryan down' thing but maybe Lesnar this year since he did something at Wrestlemania I can't remember what.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Bryan as the cover would make sense outside of the kayfabe 'holding Bryan down' thing but maybe Lesnar this year since he did something at Wrestlemania I can't remember what.

They could do basically what they did with Punk in 2012 where they reveal a fake cover and Bryan says "haha that's not the real cover" and ruins their parade by unveiling the real one if that's what they wanted to do. Realistically, I expect it to have multiple people on the cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Xenoletum posted:

Want to see some actual gameplay. Hope 2K has clamped down on quality control so we don't get another steaming pile of Yukes garbage.

We're gonna. And by "we" I mean anyone who's gonna buy it. They had a year to make the thing. They might have tweaked the engine a bit but in such little time they couldn't have done more than put in new assets and give it a new interface.

• Locked thread