Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

T.S. Smelliot posted:

lol :yikes: this thread got real weird real quick

It got weird when someone called a guy who smoked weed a drug addicted criminal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

ruddiger posted:

It got weird when someone called a guy who smoked weed a drug addicted criminal.

Is possession a crime where he was?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

theperminator posted:

Worthy of death

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

theperminator posted:

That's the craziest part. Possession of under 42.5 grams in minnesota has been decriminalized for decades. It is literally NOT a crime, just a civil infraction (and they really only ever give you a ticket if you're black, imagine that.)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
it just seems like a crime of hateful passion to only shoot someone 7 times. standard procedure for methodical police protection of themselves should require them to shoot the potential threat in the face and chest reloading until they are out of bullets
how many bullets is just a vague line in the sand with no definite right or wrong unless you stick adamantly to a rule like that and that raises questions

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Why does everyone even care, robots will police us soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrXfh4hENKs

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Nah I was genuinely curious, and cops are worthy of death not innocent civilians.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

"I don't see the problem here," says Minnesota juror

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Buglord
Minority dudes get shot by minority cops because most PDs will happily hire any trigger-happy idiot who gets off on authority, regardless of skin tone. The discrimination is against people whoa aren't jumped-up pricks

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
thanks butthole. now i have to watch robocop again

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

COMRADES posted:

I live near a couple military bases and even the marines comment on how they don't act so hosed up towards the civilians when they are deployed.

They're lying.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

bad news bareback posted:

Wait, do you believe that Mexican people can't be racist against black people?

How does this happen though? How does the son of a hard working immigrant become racist like this?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

How does this happen though? How does the son of a hard working immigrant become racist like this?

It's taught.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Burning_Monk posted:

It's taught.

By whom?

Xenophanes
Nov 8, 2015

gary oldmans diary posted:

it just seems like a crime of hateful passion to only shoot someone 7 times. standard procedure for methodical police protection of themselves should require them to shoot the potential threat in the face and chest reloading until they are out of bullets
how many bullets is just a vague line in the sand with no definite right or wrong unless you stick adamantly to a rule like that and that raises questions

Shoot the potential *threats* until they are out of bullets. The four-year-old was squirming non-compliantly in her carseat and disobeying direct orders, so he saved half the clip. We should be praising this hero for the self-sacrifice and judgment he displayed in hesitating to light her up until backup came and deescalated the situation.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
you idiot i just explained that you should unload all of your ammo because that would demonstrate that you are merely acting as a police officer following your instructions. unloading half a clip might indicate a biased crime of passion against that 4 year old. better to shoot the childs face into pulp
when the people understand that you are merely a police officer following the law as best you can without bias they will rally behind you

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Haha the cop just needed to blow a few people's brains out lol

Am I doing this right yet

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Haha the cop just needed to blow a few people's brains out lol

Am I doing this right yet

Nah you've always been good at posting like a tacky rear end in a top hat with nothing worth saying, ya li'l scamp ;)

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

On the upside, the cop got away with it and will now have to live with the guilt of murdering someone for the rest of his life and worry about whether he's going to hell or not.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Egbert Souse posted:

On the upside, the cop got away with it and will now have to live with the guilt of murdering someone for the rest of his life and worry about whether he's going to hell or not.

Pretty sure he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

sexpot posted:

Nah you've always been good at posting like a tacky rear end in a top hat with nothing worth saying, ya li'l scamp ;)

Ay I literally can't believe I'm saying this but Smelliot has made some good posts itt.

Cops should be viewed as lumpenproles at best and brainwashed weapons of the state at worst.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Read the Chavez/De La Hoya article I posted. It's about a lot more than two boxers (hint, think of where each boxer is from and the demographic they represent).

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

COMRADES posted:

I live near a couple military bases and even the marines comment on how they don't act so hosed up towards the civilians when they are deployed. Our marines are held to higher standard when interacting with foreign civilians whose country they are invading/occupying/helping than our own police officers are when interacting with our own people. I mean that's just what they say of course but still.

Multiple people in the armed services have said that to me completely independently of one another.

The military does actually care what the public thinks about them, and isn't afraid to hold its officers accountable. The average soldier or Marine probably isn't concerned about the treatment of civilians so much, but when you put college educated and well paid officers into positions of management and show them that they'll lose everything they worked for when someone fucks up, things tend to run a bit better. This just doesn't happen in PD's.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Not sure but this is my anicdote.
I used work for a management company that ran a series of 8 plex apartment units. We would do our best not to house black families with Latino families.in the past when they did the two groups would very rarely get along and would constantly be complaining to us about eachother and even phisically fighting with eachother. Housing them in seperate buildings is racist but everyone was better off as everyone chilled the gently caress out.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

lol if you didn't know that immigrants are actually just as if not more racist than your average born-and-bred American. Never mind all the sectarian bullshit or cultural homogeny they're used to that hasn't had time to be filed away by experience: America has a long history of every successive generation of immigrants getting ratfucked by the people who came before them, and being forced to gently caress over each other to get a crumb of that sweet sweet American Pie. That environment selects for a very "gently caress yours got mine" attitude, hth

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/878039411924942848

the dog gets euthanized at the end :britain:

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Buglord

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I mean, Police are allowed to refuse to hire you if you score too high on an IQ test... that probably locks in a certain percent of knee-jerk racists by itself

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

The military does actually care what the public thinks about them, and isn't afraid to hold its officers accountable. The average soldier or Marine probably isn't concerned about the treatment of civilians so much, but when you put college educated and well paid officers into positions of management and show them that they'll lose everything they worked for when someone fucks up, things tend to run a bit better. This just doesn't happen in PD's.

It's sad but true, I would literally feel far more trusting of freaking military police than the LAPD

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

goddamn cops are the biggest pussies

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So the defense on this boiled down to "I was scared. Being a cop is scary, but I'm a big brave boy and put on my big blue pants anyway" right?

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

And the icing on the cake was the absurd kindergarten-level official explanation for the whole sequence of events

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Would you agree that the idea that black men are more violent, regardless of how true you feel that idea is, is going to make cops go "HE'S GOING FOR HIS GUN HE'S GONNA SHOOT ME gently caress gently caress" *BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM*

?

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Boy howdy I'll tell you what if I was a cop I personally would only use my weapon 100% legitimately and correctly 100% of the time

(naw jk i think this cop is a murderer; shitpost fakeout)

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Would you agree that the idea that black men are more violent, regardless of how true you feel that idea is, is going to make cops go "HE'S GOING FOR HIS GUN HE'S GONNA SHOOT ME gently caress gently caress" *BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM*

?

Are cops ever shot by people?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lmao if people think they were aiming at the dog

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i saw some police men today in the UK with automatic weapons patrolling outside some restaurants. i said their guns were cool and they didn't shoot me! (but im not black)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Off duty officer comes to help with stolen car crash outside his house. Ordered to the ground, per usual, but was recognized and told to stand up. He was then shot by another officer who saw a dude getting off the ground so knew he needed to get shot.

quote:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...096f99d114.html

An off-duty officer was wounded by "friendly fire" as police looked for suspects after a stolen vehicle fled police and crashed late Wednesday.

The injured off-duty officer was treated at a hospital released on Thursday. The suspect was also treated, and released into police custody.

At Barnes-Jewish Hospital early Thursday, Interim Police Chief Lawrence OToole told reporters the off-duty officer had come out of his home to help after the stolen car crashed nearby, and was hit in the crossfire between officers and suspects who had been in the car.

According to a department summary of the incident released later Thursday, two officers who encountered the armed off-duty officer ordered him to the ground. He complied. When they recognized the off-duty officer, they told him he could stand up and walk toward them.

Another officer just arriving at the scene saw the off-duty officer get up and, not knowing he was an officer, fired his weapon once at the man. He hit the off-duty officer in the arm, the department said.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
maybe we should make every pansy liberal art student be cops and make the cops take feminist theory classes and see what happens

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

dk2m posted:

maybe we should make every pansy liberal art student be cops and make the cops take feminist theory classes and see what happens

This feels lime the premise of a tv show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

dk2m posted:

RFC2324 posted:

This feels lime the premise of a tv show

Portlandia has done this

• Locked thread