Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Sagebrush posted:

she did it again for her next baby btw

gotta say that ladies face scares me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cover up her mouth and then her eyes and go back and forth. she's doing the fake smile thing where your mouth moves but your eyes don't. it looks dead.

also she is wearing a tremendous amount of makeup. look at the difference in texture and color between her face and her neck.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

A pod person, kill her

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
You guys should get to the terrible names thread and prepare thyselves.

I wanna feed all of these into one of those Markov Chain Generators and see if we can predict the choices for the next kid.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Freylynk

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Kryvlykyin

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Rough Lobster posted:

I wanna feed all of these into one of those Markov Chain Generators and see if we can predict the choices for the next kid.

quote:

In 2015, Stanford computer science PhD candidate Andrej Karpathy decided to test out some neural network tools he'd been experimenting with, and set them to generating plausible baby names.

http://cs.stanford.edu/people/karpathy/namesGenUnique.txt

jka
Dillie
Ryine
Cherita
Dasher
Chailine
Frennide
Gremaley
Patj
Handi
Gully
Wennie
Ferentra
Jixandlia
Slimele
Elispor
Kathine
Masdadina
Chilcina
Tiz
Jolina
Corbenton
Haustina
Delimeet
Eppal
Molenia
Frecki
Senny
Helphon
Saminda
Ka
Wynther
Helsey
Misa
Lynetta
Halonie

etc.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
"Dad, how did I get my name?"
"Well honey, you know how sometimes a couple wanted a boy but they had a girl, so they give her a boy's name but just spelled oddly?"
"Yeah?"
"Well, Handi, a similar thing happened with you."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Trig Discipline posted:

"Well honey, you know how sometimes a couple wanted a boy but they had a girl, so they give her a boy's name but just spelled oddly?"
"Yeah?"

omg

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Funny Forums Quotes: e: wrong thread

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

gotta say that ladies face scares me

That is the dead-eyed stare of someone who has had their life's dreams replaced with being a stepford wife, and is probably going to wind up unapologetically murdering their husband in cold blood over some petty reason.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jedit posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Funny Forums Quotes: e: wrong thread

I support this.

Also quoting for topicality.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpookyLizard posted:

Pahanin was a hunter who was in the original Vault of Glass raid team and the only survivor. He created the exotic machine gun Super Good Advice with a golden age AI core so he would never be alone, and was an acclaimed travel writer and cephalopod enthusiast.

"Your missions: protect the City. Look better than Warlocks. But don't look like you're trying"

HEY IS IT TIME FOR SOME VAULT OF GLASS LORE? NO? TOO loving BAD. HERE WE GO.

Pahanin is the only reason we had a clue about what to do in the Vault, but he only learned that because Kabr drank of the Oracles. Praedyth pretty much got deleted from our timeline and shunted into a Vex prison until they let him out after a bazillion years in the Taken King to send out a call for help to the guardians to get the Taken out of the Vault. Then we found his skeleton. Poor Praedyth.

They all got started when Kabr, a Titan, decided that the threat of the Vault of Glass was too dangerous to the city and decided to do something about it. He gathered a fireteam of himself, Pahanin and Praedyth, and they broke into the vault and promptly got their poo poo wrecked. Ultimately Praedyth got captured by the Vex and kept prisoner for pretty much all of time, while outside of it. Oh, and they deleted him from the timeline, too. Not totally well, albeit that might be because guardians did break the vault. Kabr drank of one of the oracles of the Vault and said it tasted of the sea, he told Pahanin to run and escape and tell the Vanguard of what happened while he fought to the death and ultimately got corrupted by the radiolaria he drank. Kabr also made the Aegis, a shield made of thinking Vex construct and light, a relic which enabled guardians to utilize the paracasaul nature of the light in the vault and basically prevent themselves from going to way of Praedyth.

See, in the Vault the Vex have total control. Literally, they can do whatever the gently caress they want. The oracles and gorgons are ontological weapons. They can believe whatever the gently caress want and make it so, possessing the power to delete stuff from our entire existence. Not merely destroy, but unmake, totally delete, and remove from the timeline. The Oracles job is to scan the timelines ahead of them, identify the ones that favor the vex and delete the ones that don't. This was the Templar's job, finding that which fit the pattern and cutting away from the fabric of reality that which didn't. Ultimately this too was controlled by Aetheon, Time's Conflux. Aetheon was the needle which guided the pattern of the Vex through the fabric reality, stitching together the timelines that favored the Vex.

Of course, the Vex can't handle the Light too well. Oh, sure they can blast guardians with space lasers and poo poo, but they actually can't simulate the Light, which means they can't plan or adapt or delete timelines on us so easily. Because they can't tell what we're going to do in response to what they do. They can't plan for fighting us the way they can the Cabal (and boy oh boy if Ghaul didn't come to gently caress the Cabal Legions on mars sideways the Vex were pretty much one sidedly winning a war of attrition against them), the Cabal on mars were getting pretty royally hosed by the Vex and their only saving grace is that the Vex weren't actively trying to kill the Cabal off the planet.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, light in the vault. Since Kabr had managed to puncture the vault with the Aegis, the light was able to slip in, not merely protecting us against Aetheon and his will, but rather, enabling us to change our fate. Aetheon would grab half of your fireteam, and throw out of their timeline into another one, one which would quickly populate with oracles to delete you, as your vision faded as you were separated from your light. The aegis was able to funnel light to us, however, letting us stave off the encroaching dark and letting us destroy the oracles, and return to our fireteam to shoot Aetheon in the head repeatedly or throw grenades at him until he walked off the edge of his platform. Guardians make their own fate. Aetheon shunted off guardians into a timeline that was there solely for them to die in, and yet, we survived. Because of our light.

Of course if we did die in the vault, that might give the Cephalopods a fighting chance.

This somewhat drunken lore ramble brought to you by "Pahanin had the best flavor text in Destiny 1" and "Boy how much coquito did i drink already?"

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Vex rhymes with sex which is funny because one is present in all possible timelines and the other is absent from all your possible timelines

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
My mum used to know a guy who went by Tiz, though we are Australian. I think I or she still have his hole puncher somewhere.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

My mum used to know a guy who went by Tiz, though we are Australian. I think I or she still have his hole puncher somewhere.

Edit: Eh dumb joke, not enough coffee

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Edit: Eh dumb joke, not enough coffee

I kinda want to hear it anyway now.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

I kinda want to hear it anyway now.

You made a post about you, your mom, and something that verbs holes, it was such a lay-up I figured it was a trap

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

little munchkin posted:

the alt-right: Racism is good! We should idolize hitler even though all of his plans failed spectacularly.

sjws: All men are scum. If anyone disagrees with me I will contact their employer and post their address on social media.

me: The sign at Price Chopper doesn't say anything about a shirt or pants. I could do my grocery shopping wearing just my Converse All-Stars.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
I would totally name my kid Titan then be massively ashamed of him when he grows up to be a short skinny nerd just like his old man.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

KM Scorchio posted:

I would totally name my kid Titan then be massively ashamed of him when he grows up to be a short skinny nerd just like his old man.

The other problem with naming a kid Titan is that they can never have a nickname. What are you going to call them for short? Tit? Tite?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Trig Discipline posted:

http://cs.stanford.edu/people/karpathy/namesGenUnique.txt

jka
Dillie
Ryine
Cherita
Dasher
Chailine
Frennide
Gremaley
Patj
Handi
Gully
Wennie
Ferentra
Jixandlia
Slimele
Elispor
Kathine
Masdadina
Chilcina
Tiz
Jolina
Corbenton
Haustina
Delimeet
Eppal
Molenia
Frecki
Senny
Helphon
Saminda
Ka
Wynther
Helsey
Misa
Lynetta
Halonie

etc.

brb legally changing my name to "Delimeet "

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Thanks for the horrible name picture(s). If anyone remembers or comes across the additional Aborshynn-type names, too, please post 'em.

(This is all because a teacher, Kim, at my kid's school had her third kid, Kamden, after Kylan (whom I call Krylon) and Kinsleigh. Her name choices are not improving with time.)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
revoke her K privileges

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

Thanks for the horrible name picture(s). If anyone remembers or comes across the additional Aborshynn-type names, too, please post 'em.

(This is all because a teacher, Kim, at my kid's school had her third kid, Kamden, after Kylan (whom I call Krylon) and Kinsleigh. Her name choices are not improving with time.)

I once heard some lady yelling at her kids Camry (Camreigh?) and Corolla (Corollaugh?) at the mall.

Edit-

sneakyfrog posted:

revoke her K privileges

You think she should stop at KKK?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MausoleumExtremist posted:

I once heard some lady yelling at her kids Camry (Camreigh?) and Corolla (Corollaugh?) at the mall.

It's like Mercedes but backwards.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My child's name is going to be Lol. Lol JK Lastname.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Paladinus posted:

BRB tweeting to J.K. Simmons

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

MausoleumExtremist posted:

You think she should stop at KKK?

4K adoption is pretty slow yeah

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

:golfclap:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

It's faster than 5G though

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

was his name tisdale or something similar

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

was his name tisdale or something similar

It's short for Ortiz

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pirate Radar posted:

The other problem with naming a kid Titan is that they can never have a nickname. What are you going to call them for short? Tit? Tite?

Combine it with the middle initial like TJ or TB or w/e.

Paladinus posted:

Lol is, no poo poo, my sister's nickname.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lol_Tolhurst

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That is the dead-eyed stare of someone who has had their life's dreams replaced with being a stepford wife, and is probably going to wind up unapologetically murdering their husband in cold blood over some petty reason.

Nah, a stepford wife would at least have enough decorum to not use the birth of their child as an opportunity to attention whore on the internet.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Doc Hawkins posted:

Lol is, no poo poo, my sister's nickname.

Lol.

Also lol.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pirate Radar posted:

Tits McGee

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I saw a toddler named Gerald and honestly that seemed way weirder to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Trig Discipline posted:

"Yeah?"
I was going to suggest Handi Jolina.

Hirayuki posted:

Is your kid's teacher a Mormon? Because they do that poo poo here a lot, except then they also have 8 kids. The gigantic-expanding-brain.jpg ones give them all similar middle names too, so you have 8 kids with the same loving initials.