Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Mameluke posted:

[33M], my [30F] girlfriend is pregnant with another guy's kid "because she wanted her child to have the best life possible". Wants me to be the father. Don't even know how to start processing this?

Leave your unmarried girlfriend now! You're a lawyer, you know that's not how family law works! Let her raise the baby of the guy she cheated on you with!

she couldn't have like, cleared this with him, or gone through an actual donor system instead of loving some guy behind his back? the balls on this woman my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Mameluke posted:

[33M], my [30F] girlfriend is pregnant with another guy's kid "because she wanted her child to have the best life possible". Wants me to be the father. Don't even know how to start processing this?

holy crap wtf. Holidays must be effecting people because we are getting even crazier poo poo than usual lately.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It's cheating if you don't tell your partner the weirdest thing you've ever masturbated to within 4 weeks.

Jeffrey you never told me this and now I don't think our relationship will ever be the same.... 😞

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Guys, holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo, you guys.

[30M]My Wife[29F] unexpectedly passed away, her apparent lover [30?M] revealed their affair at her funeral.

HOLY poo poo

who would do this

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Tiny Deer posted:

My relationship is perfect, except when he spin-kicks me into traffic, spend all of my money on exotic Internet research chemicals, and has sex with other women while making unbroken eye contact with me whenever we go out to eat at McDonald's.

Anyway I'm getting really fed up with his one bad habit of not cleaning up the kitchen counter when he shits on it. How can I ask him nicely to wipe up when he's done?

Open up the relationship

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I went to a friend's funeral earlier this year and almost everyone shared experiences of how wonderful and kind and intelligent she was, and one guy we all hated from college went up and said how she never told anyone but they had totally hosed once

It's about the angriest I've ever been in my life.

e: oh and her boyfriend was at the funeral.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

WampaLord posted:

Guys, holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo, you guys.

[30M]My Wife[29F] unexpectedly passed away, her apparent lover [30?M] revealed their affair at her funeral.

HOLY poo poo

please be fake please be fake please be fake

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

cock hero flux posted:

who would do this

Someone insane with grief for the person they loved.

Also a grade A rear end in a top hat.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

WampaLord posted:

Guys, holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo, you guys.

HOLY poo poo
this like gnawing in the pit in my stomach depressing :smith:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I hope to never encounter an rear end in a top hat at a family funeral, but if I do, I hope I have the presence of mind to just holler like the FIL there. Jesus loving Christ.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I wonder how common that scenario is and if most people just don't say anything. lovely situation all around but it was the wife who cheated that guy just loved her.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

WampaLord posted:

Guys, holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo, you guys.

HOLY poo poo

gently caress me, that guy must be feeling awful

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Pick posted:

I went to a friend's funeral earlier this year and almost everyone shared experiences of how wonderful and kind and intelligent she was, and one guy we all hated from college went up and said how she never told anyone but they had totally hosed once

It's about the angriest I've ever been in my life.

e: oh and her boyfriend was at the funeral.

I knew a guy in high school who died while bull riding in a competition. One of his friends apparently had a thing for him and immediately got onto his myspace and altered his top friends to remove his girlfriend and put herself in the first position. Then she told everyone how they had made out the night before and he was going to leave his girlfriend for her. It was a lie though because he was with people when she said it happened.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 28, 2016

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

WampaLord posted:

Guys, holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo, you guys.

HOLY poo poo

Sev-uh....never mind

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Guys, holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo, you guys.

HOLY poo poo

jesus h. christ

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

ArbitraryC posted:

I wonder how common that scenario is and if most people just don't say anything. lovely situation all around but it was the wife who cheated that guy just loved her.

He knew she was married and affairs require two participants. Come on.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

zakharov posted:

He knew she was married and affairs require two participants. Come on.

Not to mention, funerals are for the living and not the dead. There's no excuse to antagonize anyone there.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Mameluke posted:

My favorite part of this is that she is a life coach. You'd think she would have the presence of mind to inform her SO about a huge, life-altering decision.

But yeah, this is getting buried by the funeral thing. That royally sucks.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Pick posted:

Not to mention, funerals are for the living and not the dead. There's no excuse to antagonize anyone there.

Prolly didnt want to antagonize anyone just dealing with the reality that he lost his loved one and lost her before they even had the chance to have their relationship out in the open. I think he should have kept quiet about the affair of course but I doubt his motivations were strictly malicious.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Yeah what was that dudes end game? Like, other than pissing off a room full of people and sullying his lovers memory for no good reason, what did he hope to achieve?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

WampaLord posted:

Guys, holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo, you guys.

HOLY poo poo

This is like the first draft of the The Descendants.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

ArbitraryC posted:

Prolly didnt want to antagonize anyone just dealing with the reality that he lost his loved one and lost her before they even had the chance to have their relationship out in the open. I think he should have kept quiet about the affair of course but I doubt his motivations were strictly malicious.

Unfortunate and all but the guy is not a victim. He chose to act on his feelings towards a married woman. I'm having trouble feeling anything approaching sympathy for his loss.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

Prolly didnt want to antagonize anyone

Why are you giving the dude who started a scene at a funeral the benefit of the doubt?

If he didn't want to antagonize anyone, it would have been extremely easy to do so. Just don't go, or go and say literally nothing.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

ZombieJesus posted:

Yeah what was that dudes end game? Like, other than pissing off a room full of people and sullying his lovers memory for no good reason, what did he hope to achieve?

best case scenario: they take a rock and scrape off her husband's last name from the headstone and messily write his own last name in its place.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ZombieJesus posted:

Upsetting all of her family members, just like she would have wanted

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Oh and lawyer-cuck needs to dump his bitch girlfriend and watch her life coach her way out of single parenthood.

He says she's perfect and everything and he'll never find another person as good as her, but clearly she's a loving psychopath so he should thank her for revealing it now, and dodge that bomb like Mario

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

ZombieJesus posted:

to be beaten to death by a mob of grieving people

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ZombieJesus posted:

dodge that bomb like Mario

smdh

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

bone app the teeth posted:

to be beaten to death by a mob of grieving people

Kinda like suicide by cop, makes sense now

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

WampaLord posted:

Why are you giving the dude who started a scene at a funeral the benefit of the doubt?

If he didn't want to antagonize anyone, it would have been extremely easy to do so. Just don't go, or go and say literally nothing.

Or, Christ, share your memories of her that don't have to do with the affair? "Carol was a dear friend, I'll always remember the time that (platonic anecdote from however the two publicly knew each other) and I'll miss her very much" expresses grief in a totally acceptable manner that hurts nobody. Going on about their ~plans~ is pure dick move.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's also clear that he didn't know the husband so he only has word-of-mouth even if he does think the husband is an rear end in a top hat who deserves to be hurt. Also her friends and family and his family and his friends

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Holy poo poo that funeral story. I mean I'm sure that dude was hurting, but christ, not getting to do things like publicly grieve at a funeral is but one of the many reasons you should have a relationship with someone exclusively instead of being dude-on-the-side.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Dude was knowingly being a homewrecker and felt so little remorse that he felt entitled to ruin her funeral for her family. He deserves nothing

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

ZombieJesus posted:

lawyer-cuck needs to dump his bitch girlfriend and watch her life coach her way out of single parenthood.

:lol::lol:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I'm 24M. How did our second date go so wrong?

quote:

Context of our conversation here: http://imgur.com/a/qYdTi
I've known this girl for a decade since we were both 14. We've been on and off in the past and usually whenever we tried to make plans it fell apart because she was flaky (cancelling last minute with no regards to how that would affect me) and I was immature (throwing a tantrum about how inconsiderate she was).
The last time we tried anything was when we were both 18, and now 6 years later we've matured a little bit. Recently we decided to try dating properly and had our first 'proper' date, spent the day together and really connected - it was great. No sex, she didn't stay overnight. We both woke up the next morning feeling amazing, like you do when it's the start of something meaningful.
We'd planned to meet at 11am today (Wednesday) for over a week now, and Wednesday morning she tells me it's gonna have to be later. Then later just as I'm getting ready to leave the house (packed up her Christmas present, tidied the house and nearly out the door), when she cancels entirely.
My immediate reaction is that she hasn't grown up - and is still the irresponsible girl I knew who never thinks of the consequences to anyone else from her actions.
Two questions, internet: 1) What the hell went wrong? Why does she go from interested (and planning a trip together) to ignoring then cancelling?
2) Is she being inconsiderate, or am I not being patient enough? Should I let her continue to cancel on me last minute and leave me with a day of no plans because of her?

Check out the screenshot of the convo it is amazingly cringeworthy.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Danaru posted:

Dude was knowingly being a homewrecker and felt so little remorse that he felt entitled to ruin her funeral for her family. He deserves nothing

He is legit lucky that he only got punched once. If the husband had just kept wailing on him till he was dead, I would consider it entirely justified.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Dunno why the husband asked if it was true, cause if it wasn't it would be even more hosed up. Just skip straight to punching IMO.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Every person who cheats tells their lover how horrible their partner is and most have no plans to leave them because they have a sure-thing at home and an exciting new side-piece.

I guess this guy didn't know that and believed everything he'd been told.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

WampaLord posted:

He is legit lucky that he only got punched once. If the husband had just kept wailing on him till he was dead, I would consider it entirely justified.

I think that was his endgame, to be together with her forever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm 24M. How did our second date go so wrong?

Check out the screenshot of the convo it is amazingly cringeworthy.

What is the deal with all of the "xx" everywhere in literally every message? Is that some stupid millennial thing I know nothing about? Their conversation reads like English isn't their first language, bleh.