Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My human noble married the guy. She really wanted to be queen.

I recently played Jade Empire for the first time, it was a pretty good game!

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Crow Jane posted:

I liked the twist
I tried to play it again lately, but gently caress that control scheme on a computer

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

soapgish posted:

I'm a VI, so the story of my name is steeped in as much tradition as it is laziness.

you have the most in-yo-face ladythread avatar

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Yeah, combat was a pain in the rear end until about halfway through the game. I really liked the setting, though

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
My parents expected me in December, so they considered naming me Mary Noel. Noel is French for Christmas, and ... well ... I guess you can see what they were going for.

Fortunately they gave me a different first name, but I came a month early so my middle name doesn't make much sense.

EDIT: VVVV I didn't know that being a preemie was a tantric thing. VVVV

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 16, 2014

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pththya-lyi posted:

I came a month early

you really take the tantric thing seriously, don't you?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

VanSandman posted:

I seriously have just about had enough Bioware, it's like "shut the gently caress up you one dimensional whine-face/bitch-face/coward-face/warrior-face, you useless sack of trash, if it weren't for the fact that I cannot hit my enemies fast enough with swords or bullets or spells or biotics I'd kick you all to the curb and beat this game alone."

Alistair is such a whiney rear end in a top hat, I think I want to make a new character with the express purpose of executing him ASAP

I hear that if you look in your mirror at midnight with all the lights off and say "Dragon Age 2 sucks" three times then Pick will appear and force you to watch the entirety of Bee Movie

You don't want to know what happens when you say "Hitachis are great"

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

You don't want to know what happens when you say "Hitachis are great"

yes i do

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
the only good bioware game was made by obsidian.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Crow Jane posted:

If you like good games with great dialogue and characetrs and relationships, have you considered the Metal Gear Solid series?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

flaming sybian

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

VanSandman posted:

I seriously have just about had enough Bioware, it's like "shut the gently caress up you one dimensional whine-face/bitch-face/coward-face/warrior-face, you useless sack of trash, if it weren't for the fact that I cannot hit my enemies fast enough with swords or bullets or spells or biotics I'd kick you all to the curb and beat this game alone."

Alistair is such a whiney rear end in a top hat, I think I want to make a new character with the express purpose of executing him ASAP

I really like Alistair, but I will agree to disagree with you. It helps that I tend to find stupid jokes endearing rather than annoying.

Anyway, do not kill him! Trapping him in a loveless marriage on a throne he never wanted is a better revenge. So's leaving him to wander the world as a pathetic drunk.

VanSandman posted:

the only good bioware game was made by obsidian.

True dat.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 16, 2014

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

boom boom boom posted:

If you like good games with great dialogue and characetrs and relationships, have you considered the Metal Gear Solid series?

Also if you like all kinds of butts

mainly dude butts tho, sneaky dude butts is like half the screen most of the game.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

flaming sybian

:getin:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I've never been too into shooting games, I prefer hackin' stuff with swords.

And I liked Alistair too. The only Origins person I didn't care for was Leliana.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Crow Jane posted:

And I liked Alistair too. The only Origins person I didn't care for was Leliana.

It's a sneaking mission.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Wait, try Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, now out for the PC.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

Wait, try Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, now out for the PC.

are you joking?!!?!?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

are you joking?!!?!?

METAL GEAR?!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Crow Jane posted:

There's very little shooting if you play them right. You mainly only have to shoot bosses, sometimes, or if you messup and get spotted.

also, dang

Crow Jane posted:

I prefer hackin' stuff with swords.

VanSandman posted:

try Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, now out for the PC.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Snake! SNAAAAAKE!

I like Mass Effect, never played any other BioWare. Tali was my idea.

I long since quit being a studio loyalist.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I will play most anything Chris Avellone writes.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 4, 2014

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
in unrelated dog dick news, my dog had the funniest dick when he was a puppy

he had a perfectly round pink and brown spotted belly with no hair on it at all, and then at the end of his dong there was just this random big white tuft of fur so it looked like the head of a dandelion

i tell people this and they get weirded out because "eww you were looking at your dog's penis" but puppies randomly roll over all the time and it was kind of hard not to look at it

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

amarantinesky posted:

It's from pages ago now, but I think that the Irish-American attachment to Ireland isn't that strange.

I think a lot of people who say "whites" find it strange that any variety Caucasians have culture. Scots-Irish here, and motherland love is a wonderful thing.

agatona
Oct 29, 2010

VanSandman posted:

Awww. I like Alistair. Or maybe the voice actor. I'm not sure anymore. No, I agree, Alistair's character is kinda pathetic but I like his silly humor.

Edit: Ooh. You're talking about Dragon Age 2. I'm gonna skip the convo because I'm in the middle of playing Dragon Age Origins. I don't want to be spoiled. However, I will say this. I am enjoying the game. After forcing myself to finish the horrible FFXIII 1 and 2 games, I found Dragon Age so much fun.

agatona fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 16, 2014

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'm not going to buy Dragon Age 2, I'm nearing the end of Dragon Age 1.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
>:( dragon age 2 is the best video game ever

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

Nope, that's... hmm...

Super Mario World, I think.

agatona
Oct 29, 2010

I remember the time I played Morrowind and Neverwinter Nights. I don't recall every finishing both games but they introduced me to the genre. I love looking for treasures. I must have all items. I must finish all side quests until I forget what my main quest actually was.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

VanSandman posted:

Nope, that's... hmm...

Super Mario World, I think.

I hate tosound like a broken record, but the acceptable answer is MGS 2, 3, 4, or MGR.

Elephantgun
Feb 13, 2010

Pick posted:

no

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

boom boom boom posted:

I hate tosound like a broken record, but the acceptable answer is MGS 2, 3, 4, or MGR.

Those are good games and fun movies but not the best.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

boom boom boom posted:

Waverace 64. Sorry.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

VanSandman posted:

[MGS] are [...] movies.

Ugh I hate you.

Elephantgun
Feb 13, 2010

WIND JAMMERS

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Also, I think I made a mistake when I posted in the Women's Fashion mega. I suddenly don't want to live on this planet anymore. I think a picture of fluffy puppies might help tho. Or Waverace, but my 64 is not working and I dunno why.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Fable 2 has just about anything I could ever want in a video game. My tastes may be questionable, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Oh! And I got my Japanese: The Manga way book and it's really exciting. I can't wait to learn things and then try it out on my co-workers. I hope they don't mind but they never even look annoyed. Japanese are so polite sometimes.

• Locked thread